Obama's Church?

Obama's Church doesn't claim anything for being African-American. It says it's committed to Africa and their African heritage not only of African-Americans but also African ethnicities elsewhere in the world (other than Africa).

Unless they were born in Africa and immigrated to the US then they have no right to claim African American either.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if your in the United States, then your an American, I don't care where your ancestors are from.
But just to play devils advocate, I checked out that church with an open mind, so if you live in Chicago and need to feel like God only see you if your in a church, theres nothing wrong with that one. They are not haters, so I can't say anything bad about them.

Might drop by for personal study/learning experience.
People go to Buddhist temples to experience something new so why should a Church be any different?

Alright, whatever. Just thought it was strange that people drop by Buddhist temples all the time to 'ooh' and 'wow' but never go to Church for the same thing.

Dunno man, After the tithes report I saw the other night I'm wondering why anybody would go to a church of any kind in the first place. But then I guess if your rich enough , the money doesn't matter .

You have struck a chord there guys. Most of our churches buildings are very old, some of them over 1000 years, so to find yourself sitting in an EMPTY church like this can be very atmospheric, thought provoking, and contemplative.

I often have thought that it can feel more rewarding than being in a full church.

Somehow you can feel the links with yourself , your heritage and whatever moves you.

As for me - it envelopes me.

Total B.S. I certainly don't want anyone running anything if they are a member of a church like this. Very cult-like and racist in my opinion.

This is racism. I wonder how it would be taken if we (white folks) supported a white group like this...oh wait, we do have that, it's called the KKK. :evil: Same mentality, just a different skin pigment.

P.S. If they [the church] like Africa so much why don't they just go on back to it, this isn't Africa, this is the United States, and everyone's loyalty who lives here should be to this ground. (i.e. #4)

Damn you're lucky I'm a married man.

Wish they made more like you.

Yes I too prefer it when the annoying folks aren't there.

Show me one without the annoying ones. Maybe its different elsewhere, but here, the churches all either want your money, or else they dam the church down the street for fun on Sundays. I'm serious about this too, I refuse to go to a church when each church, same religion or not, dams the other churches because their not in the same building.
I have nothing against religion, I just don't believe it should be allowed in large numbers.
As for Obamas church, I'm finished with my research, thats a prime example of why I don't go to church.

Last edited:
Sit quietly at the back of an empty church and just meditate a little on your concerns etc. A few minutes well spent I reckon.

No Wolfen, I didn't suggest they were. We all have concerns. Also - I didn't intend that as an instruction, I was just trying to describe the experience.

As it happens, I personally have negative concerns at the moment re. some religions, I have to say. But that would not enter my head in the situation I retold.

Last edited:
The annoying folks at Churches that use it as a platform to give them power otherwise unattainable... the ones that use faith to try to get you to trust them while they are running a scam.
I know what you mean.

No Wolfen, I didn't suggest they were. We all have concerns. Also - I didn't intend that as an instruction, I was just trying to describe the experience.

As it happens, I personally have negative concerns at the moment re. some religions, I have to say. But that would not enter my head in the situation I retold.

I know I will take that under consideration to do though

Most of my life I have studied religion and have come to the conclusion that all single deity religions except Satan worshipers worship the same God, some call him God, some call him Allah, some call him the Great Spirit, and yet all the religions I've com in contact with will be really quick to say the other religions are going to hell because their wrong. Now if your all worshiping the same God, then how can one religion be wrong and one be right?

I absolutely agree with you Wolfen. And some who call themselves religious will even try to tell you that it is not the same God! I have heard some Muslims claim, for example, that Allah is not just their definition of the same God. Madness. Gives extremists something to kill for, I guess. I feel that every man has his own road to God, his own relationship with God, and that is his own business. And I am always happy to shake on that.

Last edited:
Back