Obama Won The Election

Fox

Can you hear me now?
Man, Obama won the election. Okay, it's time for me to join the NRA to defend the 2nd Amendment and buy a few rifles without having to check my background and wait for few days.

What about you?

Well here is my opinion. I don't normally give them that often, but here goes.

Regardless of the candidate you backed, what is done is done. I know that this has been a huge election not just for Americans, but for the global community as a whole. The international community (many members of IMF) have voiced their views on the current administration and now the new administration and that is all well and good. Opinions are needed. Voices are desired. But in the end, American votes were cast and we picked our new leader.

But the way of this election is that the American people have chosen to go with President Elect Obama. Congrats to him and his party. 48% of American's waking up this morning are disappointed, but there is nothing that we can do right now except for standing behind our newly elected President and support that office just as we have for hundreds of years.

You can't make everyone happy. And if we Republicans dwell on this too long, then we will be worse off than ever before. So the right thing to do is to go to your Universities, your jobs, your families and continue to build this country in your own way.

I feel blessed to have the opportunities that this country has afforded me. I serve at the leisure of the President and I serve for the American people. I serve so that others may have the same freedoms as I cherish.

And so it begins.

Crybabies abound ........

Your guns aren't going anywhere. So stop the middle school-age cheerleader drama.

Hate, fear and all of the politically based phobias .....

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT???

That has been the hallmark of Republican/GOP politics for more than 8 years ...
but,
Bush's administration and the present GOP party, have raised it to a new art form.​

Republican/GOP extremists have been called by a majority of the American electorate. These continuing remarks aren't even on a par with cheerleader drama ... they are the sounds of a bitter partisanship ... that is so deeply seated, they don't even realize their 15 minutes of fame expired when it was announced that Obama was overwhelmingly elected as our next President.

I didn't realize there could be so many crybabies still abounding that don't realize just what this election REALLY means.

GW Bush, the GOP (and 90% McCain), were judged and found wanting.
For all of you GOP partisans .....
Get over it ....................

Chief Bones, I wasn't complaining that Obama won the election. I'm just worrying about our 2nd Amendment Rights.

TOG, yes, my guns aren't go anywhere. Just want to get the rifles without any background check, wait for the few days, tax, any problems, and even I'd be freak out if they gonna say, "oh, you can't buy a military weapon because you're deaf."

Well here is my opinion. I don't normally give them that often, but here goes.

Regardless of the candidate you backed, what is done is done. I know that this has been a huge election not just for Americans, but for the global community as a whole. The international community (many members of IMF) have voiced their views on the current administration and now the new administration and that is all well and good. Opinions are needed. Voices are desired. But in the end, American votes were cast and we picked our new leader.

But the way of this election is that the American people have chosen to go with President Elect Obama. Congrats to him and his party. 48% of American's waking up this morning are disappointed, but there is nothing that we can do right now except for standing behind our newly elected President and support that office just as we have for hundreds of years.

You can't make everyone happy. And if we Republicans dwell on this too long, then we will be worse off than ever before. So the right thing to do is to go to your Universities, your jobs, your families and continue to build this country in your own way.

I feel blessed to have the opportunities that this country has afforded me. I serve at the leisure of the President and I serve for the American people. I serve so that others may have the same freedoms as I cherish.

And so it begins.

Good Post I agree.

Although I generally lean left and voted Obama, I am slightly concerned about the absolute grip on power the democrats have now. I didn't like it when the GOP had it earlier this decade, I am not so crazy about the Democrats with the same power, and desire to use it. We will see what happens in January.

I really wish all the bickering would stop on BOTH sides, it be a nice change.

Now that Obama will be President, I hope he proves to be a good one. There are some worrying issues, not limited to what Mmarsh said. There were two Presidents like him on this side of the world, Taiwan's Zhang Shiban and Korea's Noh Moo-hyun both of which were notorious for forgetting whose side they were on. Noh was practically turning South Korea into North Korea's satellite state bowing to every demand and yet pushing away the United States which is economically and militarily the most important ally that Koreans have had perhaps in its entire history reaching back a few thousand years. Both were quite similar to Obama but then again I think Obama has more charisma than any of these two had. I hope that's just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to Obama's positives.
I think another thing we should learn is that Presidents usually make a real mess of things during their second term. Bill Clinton's second term was simply a long scandal and the Republicans I think took way too much advantage of their total grip on the government. Perhaps people will learn that one term is usually enough. South Korea has a one, five year term limit. It means that the competent President will get his stuff done on time and the incompetent ones will be shown the door without a chance to do any more damage. Might be something worth looking at.
Anyways, congratulations to Obama and I really really hope he doesn't forget whose side he's on and that he is actually (in a few months) President of the United States.

Damnit now I lost 50 Euro... well i thing it's good like that but I didn't think that you guys would really vote him... I just hope security on him will be tight...

Secret Service will be recruiting soon I bet.
Or Blackwater will earn another contract. Though I doubt it with the controversy surrounding their name.

All I can say is that I am amazed and very pleased at the civility and goodwill demonstrated by both George Bush and John McCain in their comments about the new President.

I have no doubts that things will change, but I feel that the world will see the US in a whole new light and I'm sure that over all the US will benefit from the new ideas. Some things will fail or have to be changed no doubt, but it is hopefully a step in the right direction.

Well, I can't complain, I didn't see anyone worth voting for. Time will tell if the people made the right decision.

Peronally, I hope I can afford a Saiga-12 and a Sabre Defense carbine before they get to them. At least there is a silver lining, if I do get those in time and they get banned I'll be able to sell them and get a nice car.

All I can say is that I am amazed and very pleased at the civility and goodwill demonstrated by both George Bush and John McCain in their comments about the new President.

I have no doubts that things will change, but I feel that the world will see the US in a whole new light and I'm sure that over all the US will benefit from the new ideas. Some things will fail or have to be changed no doubt, but it is hopefully a step in the right direction.

McCain yes, I agree. He has been gracious in defeat, losing a presidential contest is extremely difficult, some people dont survive it literally. They get overcome by depression.

Bush on the other hand I seriously doubt it. He's putting up a good front in front of the cameras, but I have already heard reports that he is in the middle of a 'scorched earth' campaign in the last 75.5 days of his administration, basicially making it harder for Obama to undo some of the terrible decisions Bush has made.

For example on the environment he has absolutely stripped the endangered species list in order to allow Big Business (oil and Timber) to use lands put aside for nature reserves. And he has added clauses to prevent any reversal of this.

I'm sure the latter has more to do with the people who have influence over him rather than him himself. I'm sure by now he is sick of being President and wished he had lost in 2004.

Obama is going to get a huge awakening today when he gets his first full blown global intel brief. It was being talked about on the radio this morning. Reality is a B :cen: h

Back