Obama Won The Election

Obama is going to get a huge awakening today when he gets his first full blown global intel brief. It was being talked about on the radio this morning. Reality is a B :cen: h

Yes but thats true for any new President-elect. Thats why they give the intel briefings early to slowly ease them into the shock and to prevent information-overload. Thats even true when things are quiet around the world.

13th Redneck

I think its both, you know nasty people generally prefer using other nasty people to do their dirty work for them, thats why Cheney is still around. Besides it really doesnt matter does it? Even if Bush has been living in a bubble, its still his responisibilty: he's the President.

I'm frustrated with the outcome of the election, that much does not change despite the fact that I support our President-elect with everything that he is worth.

The United States is a great nation, and will emerge from the next four years as a great nation. There is a great possibility that it will be a very different nation, but four years cannot change the fact that I am still very proud to be an American.

So I will continue to pray that things will turn out in the best way possible.

I'm frustrated with the outcome of the election, that much does not change despite the fact that I support our President-elect with everything that he is worth.

The United States is a great nation, and will emerge from the next four years as a great nation. There is a great possibility that it will be a very different nation, but four years cannot change the fact that I am still very proud to be an American.

So I will continue to pray that things will turn out in the best way possible.
I needed to hear that from someone here. You're one of the first people whose canidate didn't win actually just take the outcome! :)

The 500 pound Gorilla ..............

I guess when you boil it down to it's basics, all I really have to say to GOP/Republicans that are crying about Obama's landslide election is:
  • Get over it.
  • Bring your party back to the center of the political spectrum.
  • - and finally-
  • Recognize that the reason you lost the election, was because of the 500 pound Gorilla that was at every single rally and debate no matter the party.

The Gorilla, was GW Bush, his policies of the last 8 years that are failures,
his administration and the GOP/Republican Party
that forgot that the majority of Americans are moderate political animals
{moderate conservatives | middle of the road moderates | moderate liberals}.

I think you are being a bit harsh.
I fully supported President Bush for the 8 years that he has been in office.
And I believe that this should be the same for other Americans - in the same way that I will respect President-elect Obama.
The pendulum swings both ways.
Either way the election turned out, people were going to be hurt and act ridiculous. The Republicans never really lost their footing, thanks to Senator McCain's eloquent concession speech. I thought he showed a considerable amount of class and grace when urging his supporters to stand behind his opponent.

And the crazy thing about the election being a landslide... In vote count, it wasn't quite as crazy as the electoral college made it seem. Many states were very close. I think both candidates have a great deal to be proud of.

Either way the election turned out, people were going to be hurt and act ridiculous.
This begs the question, why??? We certainly don't have the same degree of malicious scandal mongering here in Australia that I've seen in the US. I think that the average Aussie voter is a bit too worldly wise to believe most of the stupidity that people appeared to have fallen for for in this last election. Politicians are all selfish liars, keep this in mind and most of the BS can be safely ignored.

The Republicans never really lost their footing, thanks to Senator McCain's eloquent concession speech. I thought he showed a considerable amount of class and grace when urging his supporters to stand behind his opponent.
Speeches mean nothing, it is far more important that they be given by someone that can demonstrate a degree of credibility. This is earned or lost over the preceeding term of Government. All the hullabaloo in the six months prior to the election is just window dressing and diversionary tactics.

If I had my way, I would make electioneering illegal in the 12 months preceeding an election and let parties be judged on their past record.

Last edited:
I whole heartedly disagree with you ...........

I think you are being a bit harsh. {Not in the slightest bit from where I stand. GW, his administration and the GOP that supported his failures, all have a lot to answer for ... and not just the economy ... AND ... that is why the vote was a landslide for Obama and the Democrats. It was a repudiation of the last 8 years}.

I fully supported President Bush for the 8 years that he has been in office. And I believe that this should be the same for other Americans - in the same way that I will respect President-elect Obama. {I disagreed with most of GW Bush's decisions and policies and I don't respect him. The single decision he made that I wholeheartedly agreed with, was the decision to go into Afghanistan. As far as Obama, if/when I disagree with one of his decisions, I will say so the same as I did for GW's decisions}.

The pendulum swings both ways. {You are absolutely correct ... and after Obama goes through GW's Executive Orders and cancels most of them, the pendulum WILL start to swing back}.

Either way the election turned out, people were going to be hurt and act ridiculous. The Republicans never really lost their footing, thanks to Senator McCain's eloquent concession speech. I thought he showed a considerable amount of class and grace when urging his supporters to stand behind his opponent. {His speech may have been gracious ... but ... his own campaign people began to immediately blame Palin for the loss, when the real reason the McCain/Palin ticket lost, was obvious to most American voters who voted against the ticket}.

And the crazy thing about the election being a landslide... In vote count, it wasn't quite as crazy as the electoral college made it seem. Many states were very close. I think both candidates have a great deal to be proud of. {Wrong ... the Obama win was by almost 8.2 million votes nationwide ... that wasn't close by anybody's count. As far as being proud ... Obama should be very proud of his campaign ... McCain/Palin are a different story. The ONLY thing that I view as being something to be proud of, was McCain's concession speech} - for sure his campaign wasn't.

For the above reason(s), I believe your assertions are incorrect.

Of course, I was slightly biased this election cycle ...
I didn't want to see a third term of GW Bush politics foisted on the American public.
McCain was nothing more than a rubber stamper for Bush's failed decisions and policies ... a veritable GW Bush clone.

Because of that .......
I voted AGAINST McCain/Palin
AGAINST most GOP/Republican candidates
and
FOR some GOP/Republican candidates {who's voting record I trusted}
I DID NOT vote a straight ticket

Last edited:
If I had my way, I would make electioneering illegal in the 12 months preceeding an election and let parties be judged on their past record.

I would go so far as to make it 6 months. I celebrated because it was November 5th :) And as far as your question about why - I'm not sure, I don't fit into that category, I have just seen many that do.

For the above reason(s), I believe your assertions are incorrect.

Of course, I was slightly biased this election cycle ...
I didn't want to see a third term of GW Bush politics foisted on the American public.
McCain was nothing more than a rubber stamper for Bush's failed decisions and policies ... a veritable GW Bush clone.

Because of that .......
I voted AGAINST McCain/Palin
AGAINST most GOP/Republican candidates
and
FOR some GOP/Republican candidates {who's voting record I trusted}
I DID NOT vote a straight ticket

We just clearly disagree. And that is fine. That is why we have choices in this country, and I respect yours. Shake on it?:peace:

Back