Obama vs. Romney

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
Why aren't people freaking out? I see a few little posts here and there and that is it....

My mother wishes me to post my many polictical freak outs "somewhere else" on the internet because my older family members are feeling attacked by all the TRUTH I am posting on Facebook, so I suppose a political forum would be the right meduim.

I have no one to debate with. No one is ANSWERING ME. What the Hell is wrong with people that Romney is even getting the TINEST bit of consideration?!

I know this is just a small part of a very lovely life, but Jesus H. Christ, I don't understand how we are not banging our heads on the brick walls!!!

Please, someone...I implore sense and goodness and...honor! Is this totally gone in our government? :brave:

From my point of view I can happily say I don't care who wins the US presidency all I cared about was that Bush went away and Palin stayed away as they were in my opinion huge threats to world security (read they were dangerous nuts).

You need to understand from a foreign point of view US politics really is of no interest we have our own issues to deal with, I guess from the little I know of Romney I would probably prefer Obama because despite being a real politician he is at least intelligent and can string a sentence together where as Romney comes across as a bit of an idiot but not a dangerous idiot.

Now in a more general sense I suspect most people have just become so disenchanted with politics in general that neither candidate is believed or liked (as it is around the world) so even though people will invariably turn out and vote for someone (mostly because of party affiliations) no one really has any faith in either of them to achieve anything they promise and as I have already said in this economic climate people are really more interested in putting food on the table than arguing about two people that are not going to do anything anyway.

Last edited:
.What the Hell is wrong with people that Romney is even getting the TINEST bit of consideration?!
Just depends on your view point. Obama had a metioric rise based on practicly no accomplishment, just hype. He has surrounded himself, or been surrounded, by Marxist his whole life, from Dad, to Step-Dad, to "seeking out Marxist Professors & Student Groups". The Chicago Machine got him into the Sate Senate & probably responsible for getting the sealed divorce records of G. Ryan leaked to knock out the only serious opposition that Republicans could have run against him for US Senate. Most of his Senate time was spent voting "Present". He a great orator when he has a prepared speach & Teleprompter, not much better than Bush without one. On the other hand we have Romney who is a sucsessfull businessman who actually has accomplishments in business & running a State Govt. It amazes me how people talk about Palin's "Lack of expierience" when she actually had way more than Obama, McCain & Biden put together.Anyone would be an improvement. All he knows is throw money @ things & push for more govt & govt controll. His actions are left of his rhetoric in his speaches. Unrestrained by the need for voter appovall to get reelected I think all the silly crap he done so far will be eclipsed by far in the upcoming 4 yrs. Greece might look like a robust econmy in comparison.

From my point of view I can happily say I don't care who wins the US presidency all I cared about was that Bush went away and Palin stayed away as they were in my opinion huge threats to world security (read they were dangerous nuts).

You need to understand from a foreign point of view US politics really is of no interest we have our own issues to deal with, I guess from the little I know of Romney I would probably prefer Obama because despite being a real politician he is at least intelligent and can string a sentence together where as Romney comes across as a bit of an idiot but not a dangerous idiot.

Now in a more general sense I suspect most people have just become so disenchanted with politics in general that neither candidate is believed or liked (as it is around the world) so even though people will invariably turn out and vote for someone (mostly because of party affiliations) no one really has any faith in either of them to achieve anything they promise and as I have already said in this economic climate people are really more interested in putting food on the table than arguing about two people that are not going to do anything anyway.
Maybe I should have titled the post, TO THOSE IN THE USA...who have to live under these morons then. I just can't believe my fellow US citizens, especially the women would ever consider Romney/Ryan as leaders of this country. I feel like we are going backwards instead of evolving.

I do see what you are saying though, disenchanted, certainly. :( I just wish people would give into this mindset that nothing the population does will matter. Why aren't we holding our leader TO do something? :(

Disenchanted. Disheartened. But hopeful....

George...I will not comment on McCain/Palin, nor do I very much care for Obama/Biden. However, the fear in my heart for our nation if Romney/Ryan get in the White House is unbearable. The fear I have for my own body and the body of my fellow women is unbearable.

Maybe you don't give a **** because you are a man and you don't have to worry about the government probing your ***** or making you bear the fruit of another's man's rape, but it is a very real and tangible fear that should be in every woman's heart here in the USA if Romney/Ryan get the presidency.

------NOT TO MENTION ROMNEY IS THE BIGGEST FLIP-FLOPPER IN THE HISTORY OF EVERNESS, NOT SOMEONE TO TRUST WITH THE PEOPLE OF THE USA-----

I do see what you are saying though, disenchanted, certainly. :( I just wish people would give into this mindset that nothing the population does will matter. Why aren't we holding our leader TO do something? :(

Disenchanted. Disheartened. But hopeful....

What is to be hopeful about, nothing can change because major parties are now so entrenched that no third party can get a look in and no matter who you select for the job they only have an allegiance to a party that is representing the interests of those that are funding them and not the people electing them.

Sadly democracy has failed, it has been purchased by special interest groups and short of revolution there is no way to fix it.

Why aren't people freaking out? I see a few little posts here and there and that is it....

My mother wishes me to post my many polictical freak outs "somewhere else" on the internet because my older family members are feeling attacked by all the TRUTH I am posting on Facebook, so I suppose a political forum would be the right meduim.

I have no one to debate with. No one is ANSWERING ME. What the Hell is wrong with people that Romney is even getting the TINEST bit of consideration?!

I know this is just a small part of a very lovely life, but Jesus H. Christ, I don't understand how we are not banging our heads on the brick walls!!!

Please, someone...I implore sense and goodness and...honor! Is this totally gone in our government? :brave:

You think all future voter's have turned coat on the election this early?

I have been pondering deeply on the election for quite some time, I have to vote being as it would be a crime to our ideals of "fair" election not to.

However to be honest I feel that for both canidates voting for this election is more or less damage control than the path to prosperity. My analytical method behind this is finding which of these canidates is going to cause the LEAST amount of harm to our ailing system.

I really hate saying this, I really do being as the knee jerk reaction I'm bound to get, but after observing the trends of what our society places value on , and who exactly obtains the lion's share of said value.

Then looking at the Presidency for change is like turning on a water facet to put out the lights.

It just defies common logic.

Money talks, it just doesn't talk names. People know politicians, so they blame them.

That's why I don't really touch much on who people are going to vote for, just a mass of frustrated individuals all vying towards the first thing they can vent on , IE: The president.

Because they know him by name, they don't the names of lobyist's and foreign interest dignitaries. The same ones who set up the overseas undercutting manufacturing, the same one's who persuade Closed doors Congressional meetings to sending weapon's to their country which spurrs anti America hatred.

The same Corporate sponsors who basically buy out the next presidential candidate by finacing their overpriced and inflated campgains and pull the IOU card everytime they need policy passed to bypass evnviromental regulations to have foreign companies buy our gas and run trucks through your front yard.

(This is business as usual folks, and stop saying "why can't an average Joe run for President?" This is why , under these conditions it ain't happening so stop asking.)

Case in point all of the self righteous Obama hater's, people who under the same exact circumstances didn't say a word about certain policies under the previous administration.

We need names people, and you know they are so hard to find?, because if as a nation, meaning citizens thought this through and got a list of names of those responsible for siphoning federal funding and creating of policy that benfits a very very select few, of which many are abroad. Then the country would be on the verge of a nationwide riot. They know this and as long we are pacified by "it's all on government" then by the time we collectivly wake up as a nation everything is cut, packaged and sold, and these morons have high tailed off to their summer homes.

Bring out the bread lines ladies and gents, if we continue to march towards this so and so obiviously ignore the problem by only treating the symptoms than this cancer will kill our country right out from under our feet.

Awareness is a dangerous thing, and we today as a society need it more than ever. Another reason I don't talk much on the side show of the election.

It's funny to think that close to 200 years ago a man who walked out of the Senate won election and popular vote and took a nation gripped in debt and did something that only happened once in one mandate, turned it into a surplus.

Accomplished by removing outside influences and abuses of Federal monetary allocation.

Now men today in the same capacity work with other men outside of government who are hard at work selling it.

We just need to figure out a way to get people to turn off the TV and stop playing the blame game.

If that's all we are capable of then I suppose naturally we are destined for second place on the world stage until the end of time.

Last edited:
George...I will not comment on McCain/Palin, nor do I very much care for Obama/Biden. However, the fear in my heart for our nation if Romney/Ryan get in the White House is unbearable. The fear I have for my own body and the body of my fellow women is unbearable.

Maybe you don't give a **** because you are a man and you don't have to worry about the government probing your ***** or making you bear the fruit of another's man's rape, but it is a very real and tangible fear that should be in every woman's heart here in the USA if Romney/Ryan get the presidency.

------NOT TO MENTION ROMNEY IS THE BIGGEST FLIP-FLOPPER IN THE HISTORY OF EVERNESS, NOT SOMEONE TO TRUST WITH THE PEOPLE OF THE USA-----
Abortion: I tend to steer a zig zag course in the Neutral Zone, sometimes agreeing with Pro Life points & sometime with the Antis points. Under the current view of "Seperation of Church & State", abortion should be legal. I oppose people trying to use Govt to impose their religious views on everyone else. It should be left up to the 2 sides to argue it out in the forum of public opinion. On a practicle basis I don't think there's much chance of passing bans on abortion, unless the Reps got total controll, veto proof, like the Dems had in '08-'10(not likely). Some Antis have the view that abortion should be illegal because of the ending of innocent life. If that is true then it would seem reasonable that life is just as innocent even if Daddy is a rapist or Grand Dad as one fathered by anyone else. Someone in very Conservative Mississippi picked up that ball & tried to run with it. A Bill to ban all abortions was put on the ballot & it lost in a landslide. I'm putting this in more of a theoretical threat category & a distraction from Obama dismal economic record vs the very real threat of Obama's anti-Capitalist views & his work to undermine the Capitalist system. Not to mention his mounds of new regulations & red tape, his appointment of self proclaimed Communists to Govt positions, his opportunity to appoint a Liberal lock on Supreme Court Justices. I'm not a big fan of Romney & I think Herman Cain was the best guy for some real change from an outsider. Yes, his flip-flops are of concern, but he not an anti-capitalist. I certainly didn't vote Bush in to double the debt in 8 yrs, but that is looking good vs doubling it again in 3 years.

What is to be hopeful about, nothing can change because major parties are now so entrenched that no third party can get a look in and no matter who you select for the job they only have an allegiance to a party that is representing the interests of those that are funding them and not the people electing them.

Sadly democracy has failed, it has been purchased by special interest groups and short of revolution there is no way to fix it.
The US has always been a 2 Party system

Last edited:
The US has always been a 2 Party system

Which is why nothing changes and politicians devolve into corporate yes men.
Initially people were elected because they were known in a region for doing good now you are given a politician to vote for by which ever party you now follow blindly whose only difference from the other guy is party logo or tie colour.

(This is not just a US thing this is a world wide thing, your choice is politician clone 1 or 2 from the presidential cloning facility on Wall Street just as mine is prime minister clone 1 or 2).

I really do not like Obama but the one thing I will give him is that he managed to convince people that he could make a difference which meant at some point he understood that people want a change in the way politics works sadly he has not shown any sign of delivering on his promises but by comparison it seems to me that Romney is doing the mandatory I oppose all Obama stands for (as required by a challenger) which means your choice is a guy that knows change is needed but cant deliver or someone that actively opposes change out of preference to a system that has clearly failed.

To become President of the USA all you need is loads of money to plug your message any where you can and especially on TV. From what I have seen of Romney he is a legend in his own mind [when he can find it] still it is all about the cash you splash around on the campaign trail and all the favours you can promise your rich self interest groups that invest in the campaign and lets face it they call the tune and not the people when that person is elected.

Initially people were elected because they were known in a region for doing good now you are given a politician to vote for by which ever party you now follow blindly whose only difference from the other guy is party logo or tie colour.

(This is not just a US thing this is a world wide thing, your choice is politician clone 1 or 2 from the presidential cloning facility on Wall Street just as mine is prime minister clone 1 or 2).

I really do not like Obama but the one thing I will give him is that he managed to convince people that he could make a difference which meant at some point he understood that people want a change in the way politics works sadly he has not shown any sign of delivering on his promises but by comparison it seems to me that Romney is doing the mandatory I oppose all Obama stands for (as required by a challenger) which means your choice is a guy that knows change is needed but cant deliver or someone that actively opposes change out of preference to a system that has clearly failed.
At some point in the past there may not have been huge gaps between the Partys. Late 1800s saw a debate over whether our money should be based on gold coinage or silver coinage, with the pro-inflation Greenback Party as a fringe Party. Think some of you are a bit too synical on things today, @ least to some extent. Romney does seem to be the Candidate pushed by Establishment Republicans & the Media vs someone like Herman Cain that could have really shaken things up in the Party. Romney is a sucsessfull businessman, leader of a large project in trouble (Olympics) & has governing/administrative expierience. Obama promised "Change" w/o saying anything about what they "Changes" would be, he just let people assume it would be for the better. Obama grew up with Marxist parents & in an anti-Western enviroment, not the typical exposure of growing up in the United States. Lots of the pro-Marxist comments in his books including saying that the Private Sector was the "Enemy Camp". You have Saul Alinsky, Ayers the Terrorist, Jeremiah Wright, typical of his pals. Basicly we have a Capitalist who probably has ideas on how to get the free-market back on its feet vs an anti-Capitalist who has shown little comprehension of how things work in the real world

At some point in the past there may not have been huge gaps between the Partys. Late 1800s saw a debate over whether our money should be based on gold coinage or silver coinage, with the pro-inflation Greenback Party as a fringe Party. Think some of you are a bit too synical on things today, @ least to some extent. Romney does seem to be the Candidate pushed by Establishment Republicans & the Media vs someone like Herman Cain that could have really shaken things up in the Party. Romney is a sucsessfull businessman, leader of a large project in trouble (Olympics) & has governing/administrative expierience. Obama promised "Change" w/o saying anything about what they "Changes" would be, he just let people assume it would be for the better. Obama grew up with Marxist parents & in an anti-Western enviroment, not the typical exposure of growing up in the United States. Lots of the pro-Marxist comments in his books including saying that the Private Sector was the "Enemy Camp". You have Saul Alinsky, Ayers the Terrorist, Jeremiah Wright, typical of his pals. Basicly we have a Capitalist who probably has ideas on how to get the free-market back on its feet vs an anti-Capitalist who has shown little comprehension of how things work in the real world

Personally I think you are not cynical enough, the current dire situation of your economy is directly due to unrestricted capitalism and you want to elect a guy that thinks that is the way to go.

We live in a world where the middle class is taking an absolute pounding and yet we continue to elect millionaires and billionaires who tell us they understand the problems of the poor and middle class and that the answer is to make the rich richer.

(http://www.startribune.com/business/yourmoney/167053465.html?refer=y)

The reality is that politics is now so far divorced from the realities of the average citizen that I doubt our leaders could find their own arses with both hands and a flashlight let alone rectify issues facing a nations populace.

I think it is time people gave up on pushing the ideologies of Capitalism and Communism as both have failed and started focusing on the people that have elected them.

the current dire situation of your economy is directly due to unrestricted capitalism.
I think it is time people gave up on pushing the ideologies of Capitalism and Communism as both have failed and started focusing on the people that have elected them.
Capitolism here is far from unrestricted. The meltdown was caused by Dems forcing banks to lower loan requirements, resulting in huge numbers of people buying houses that had no ability to pay for them. The Banks found it to be very profitable & they knew that the Govt would cover any loses from wreckless investments. Warnings from John McCain in '05 went unheeded, except for Barney Frank Dem.-Mass) calling him a Racist because the head of (Fanny or Freddy) was black. Franks Commitee was supposed to be overseeing the Banking Industry & he utterly failed to do so, then blamed the Republicans for the meltdown. Communism is a failure yet Libs think they are smart enough to move us closer to it w/o making the same screw up overseas Libs made. Modified Capitolism has produced way more wealth than any other system for the majority of citizens.

So your contention is that its all the other guys fault mean while the other guy is saying it is all your fault and because it is politically wrong for either of you to actually look at it with an open mind nothing ever gets fixed.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

So your contention is that its all the other guys fault mean while the other guy is saying it is all your fault and because it is politically wrong for either of you to actually look at it with an open mind nothing ever gets fixed.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
The Reps share of the blame was ending the firewall between Commercial & Investment banking so that the meltdown was system wide instead of only one segment. The problem was caused by Carter agreeing to force Banks to lower morgage qualification "so everyone could own a home", that was enforced under Clinton at the insistince of ACORN, Obama's "Community Organizer" group. If even a few Dems had the courage to join McCain's call for an inquiry into housing & took a look at the house of cards that had been built, instead of playing politics & denouncing him, maybe most of this could have been avoided.

Superior logic indeed, yet the real danger is how long does soceity as a whole just play along with the osterich affect, and shut out any attempt to search for a means to hold politicians to their word?

Move consequence of bad public service back to the voters, not as is with the lobbyist.

A western world thing, there are subversive means of achieving goals via direct and often non concealed means to take over a governing body or ecnomic entity., (Such as a Private Gas Company by government).

These things would cause an public uproar in the West, Americans in particular rather have their goods knicked the polite and subversive way of watching the theft on TV as unnammed men in unmarked cars whisper in the ears of policy makers. It's easier on the eyes than having a Putin like security service just plain out call the shots in front of everyone.

Because for all those who complain about the inneffeciency of this method,

Let us look at the most effective form on economic and government relations.

Meaning a having a forceful small number of people in countrol of everything.

I oppose all Obama stands for (as required by a challenger) which means your choice is a guy that knows change is needed but cant deliver or someone that actively opposes change out of preference to a system that has clearly failed.

I oppose both Canidates, more less out lack of faith in the office anymore.
As before mentioned I am going to vote but more in an effort to stop the bleeding, not usher in "change".

"Politics is the entertainment branch of industry."

Mr. Zappa couldn't have said it better.

It's a side show, it's a disguise, because those who are really benefiting from the way things are know that if they can keep complacent voters quiet for just a little bit longer, they might have a chance to print money faster than the current inflation. And hopefully they can take off out of the country before people decide enough is enough.

Lest us not forget, Romney is campgaining, yes it's great to dream if only for a moment he has the capacity or actual will to change everything, but it ain't happening.

In my honest opinion Romney is very very good at "business as usual". And has some interesting campgain funders. And with Romney's "business savvy" personality he seems like just the guy to push forward a or dimiss a treasurey policy change or two.

Last edited:
You often have the situation of the Democrats in the majority on Congress and then have a Republican President or visa versa, and that happens is one group is trying to make the other look bad by failing to pass laws that might help the country. Look back to last year over the trouble over budget and who would not pass it and who would not sign it. Now why don't you hold the election for President at the same time as Congress and you might get one group in who is doing job and if they didn't it will clearly show that they are a bunch of wallies.

Now why don't you hold the election for President at the same time as Congress and you might get one group in who is doing job and if they didn't it will clearly show that they are a bunch of wallies.
The Founding fathers sat up a bunch of checks & balances to try to controll the power of the Federal Govt. As far as timing of elections vs the Prez...The House of Representatives is supposed to represent "The People". It is reelected in its entirity every 2 years. The Senate was intended to represent The States, the State Governments, as a way for the States to rein in Federal power. The Senators were appointed by the Governor or State Legislature. It was part of the FF's intention that we are a Representative Republic, not a mob rule "Democracy". People have been working to make us a Democracy, & passed an Admendment making Senators open to voting, changing them to merely Super Representatives. One third of the Senate is up for election every 2 years, Senators have 6 yr terms. Opportunity for fast change was provided for in the House elections only. In '08 the people gave the Dems total controll of Congress, if the Dems could have got 100% of their Party members to for for their Bills, they could have passed anything, w/o a single Rep. vote. The Dems used the opportunity to advance the plan to take over health care & increase Govt dependancy, basicly vote buying, & they double the National Debt in less than 3 years after bashing Bush for doubling it in 8.

Romney is an idiot. In my opinion, Barack Obama is probably the best thing to happen to the United States in the past ten years. He's trying to create a better America, Universal Healthcare and all that... that's good stuff, positive stuff!

Meanwhile Mitt's making an ass out of himself on national television, if he gets into the White House, not even God can help the United States.

I would happily see Obama get another four years in the hotseat, before I saw a Republican with ignorance not quite up there, but close to, the ignorance of the war-mongering, "yee-haw-oops" George Bush Jr.

Romney is an idiot. In my opinion, Barack Obama is probably the best thing to happen to the United States in the past ten years. He's trying to create a better America, Universal Healthcare and all that... that's good stuff, positive stuff!

Previously... In 2008.

Meanwhile Mitt's making an ass out of himself on national television, if he gets into the White House, not even God can help the United States.

He's being Mitt, guy's gotta record. He's not going to be good graces and promises if he is elected, he's gonna put America up for wholesale.

I would happily see Obama get another four years in the hotseat, before I saw a Republican with ignorance not quite up there, but close to, the ignorance of the war-mongering, "yee-haw-oops" George Bush Jr.

It's funny about all these militia groups and neo conservitives pin on Obama. When in all acutallity five minutes of research can point out half the things that they say they have problems with him are stemming from the very Problems Bush put into writting up to the last months of his term in office.

Yet then these people didn't say a word. Quite Humerous actually.

Also you can insert the name Republocrat or Dempublican into any politicians resume anymore. Voter's who cling to just party lines either understand the situation and have ulterior motives for voting for their party.

Or are just lazy and don't take the time to look at the careers of each canditate and make a thought descion to who would fit the job the best.

Which is why although he is far from perfect or as experianced as I would have liked. When faced with either a stroke or cancer, I guess I'll lead towards Obama.

Back