Obama shooting Trap

George

This is supposed to be a real photo of Obama shooting trap.
382335_558841340801916_769698505_n.jpg

So...what is the plume of gasses going away from the camera at 90 degrees to the bore?

Looks to me like the shotgun has a smaller calibre barrel screwed into the upper barrel which would explain the silver tip on the upper barrel and the plume of smoke exiting the side of the barrel is most likely from ports cut in the barrel to reduce recoil, this would also explain the lack of upwards movement from the firing.

So you got him he is using an under powered weapon start the impeaching.

Personally I preferred Jon Stewarts take on it.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-31-2013/skeet-fighter

Looks to me like the shotgun has a smaller calibre barrel screwed into the upper barrel which would explain the silver tip on the upper barrel and the plume of smoke exiting the side of the barrel is most likely from ports cut in the barrel to reduce recoil, this would also explain the lack of upwards movement from the firing.

So you got him he is using an under powered weapon start the impeaching.

Personally I preferred Jon Stewarts take on it.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-31-2013/skeet-fighter
Ports are usually just short of the muzzel & on both sides to reduce recoil. This looks way back & on only one side should push the barrell to the side. This just doesn't look right. The gun appears to be an over & under that is popular with Trap & Skeet shooters. Probably won't be a "Dukakas in a Tank" moment.
A ported barrel?
Some barrells have holes drilled in them to reduce recoil & muzzle jump.

I know, hence my answer to your question.

The one problem with a ported barrel, the flash can seriously affect night vision. That's why I never owned a ported handgun, along with some powders not burning 100% and unburnt powder being blown back into the shooters face.

Ports are usually just short of the muzzel & on both sides to reduce recoil. This looks way back & on only one side should push the barrell to the side. This just doesn't look right. The gun appears to be an over & under that is popular with Trap & Skeet shooters. Probably won't be a "Dukakas in a Tank" moment.
Some barrells have holes drilled in them to reduce recoil & muzzle jump.

I would imagine that given his budget the gun has been tailored to him, I would also suggest that without knowing about the sub-barrel's set up it is only possible to determine the outer barrels venting..

I see he even shoots as a left winger. Honestly, he looks as out of place as I would be wearing a tutu.

Back