Obama to send troops to Uganda

George

linky Possibly 3 other central African countries as well. Expanding intervention to an area we have had no role in before.

We've had a role in Africa since the late 80's early 90's google Mamba Station, Sharp Edge, Assured Response...........................................................

linky Possibly 3 other central African countries as well. Expanding intervention to an area we have had no role in before.

I cant see an issue with this as long as the Ugandan government are ok with it and aren't a bunch of dodgy bastards themselves, in fact a technical support approach to dealing with these things makes sense to me.

What's the situation in Africa at the moment?
Last I heard it was rife with militant groups.
Would I make an accurate guess in assuming the UN has decided to help some of the people victim to these groups?

Great, another pointless military deployment in an area we have no business in..swell. How much is this going to cost us?
Ahhh,... but it's a political decision.

Do you think that the fact that the Chinese are gaining such a foothold in Africa might just have a little to do with it?

Ah just saw the article on the LRA.
A righteous cause, to be sure, but aren't a lot of those fighters abducted and re-programed children?

And Spike, I haven't heard anything about China's operations in Africa. What's this all about?

The Chinese are busy tying up resources world wide. Central Africa is an area that we have let the former colonial powers deal with, & we haven't been involved much, except giving arms to Savimbi during the Reagan Admin.

And Spike, I haven't heard anything about China's operations in Africa. What's this all about?
On Sunday night's "Dateline" on TV there was a really good show about Chinese development in Africa. Apparently they are in several countries, but the focus was on Angola where they have spent billions re building the country's infrastructure that was destroyed in the civil war there.

Now the Angolans are waking up the great blocks of housing units they are building employs no locals, instead they have imported their own labourers, so no actual money is flowing into the local economy. Not only that, the buildings, many less than 12 months old are showing bad structural cracking and those that are OK are far too expensive for the locals to lease or buy.

From what i saw it appears like so much Chinese make or do, it looks great on the outside but the ultimate result lacks in quality and suitability.

The fact that Angola has good supplies of oil and diamonds was not mentioned.

It just bothers me that the president of a "Christian" nation sends our forces to track down a kill the leader of a "Christian" group who's blamed with killing Muslims.

Calling oneself Christian doesn't make you so.
It's your actions that define you.
The LRA do not define themselves as such by that case.

It just bothers me that the president of a "Christian" nation sends our forces to track down a kill the leader of a "Christian" group who's blamed with killing Muslims.

Rush Limbaugh said the same the other week...

I don't think most people would call the LRA "Christian" when they:

1. Kidnap young boys as child soldiers
2. Pillage and Steal from villages
3. Commit widespread rape, use of women as sex slaves
4. Commit countless murders have been involved in countless massacres
5. Commit countless acts of torture and mutilation, including the severing of limbs
6. Views of Christianity also include traditionalism, mysticism, voodoo. Witchcraft is a capital offense to them.

In other words, they are about as "Christian" as Nazi Germany, The Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades.

Last edited:

I don't agree that the U.S should be considered a Christian nation. The constitution (depended on interpretation by individuals), bars the U.S from being a religious country. It is okay to be religious of course, but I don't think the U.S government should be grouped up with any religion.

To call the U.S a christian nation and hate a person getting elected who is a different religion, soley because of his/her religion is hypocritical for those Americans who believes in the Constitution.

This is why I believe all those who claim Obama is Muslim like it is suppose to matter to me and my political decisions an idiot. I will vote no matter the religion as long as the person isn't a fanatic (or using nothing but religion for his/her policies).

So to answer what you said, those people are technically Christians and if they were, then we must strike them down as well if they think they can do what they are doing. Not to sound harsh.

I don't agree that the U.S should be considered a Christian nation. The constitution (depended on interpretation by individuals), bars the U.S from being a religious country. It is okay to be religious of course, but I don't think the U.S government should be grouped up with any religion.

To call the U.S a christian nation and hate a person getting elected who is a different religion, soley because of his/her religion is hypocritical for those Americans who believes in the Constitution.
You confuse the country with the government. They are not one in the same. The US is a religious country, predominatly Christian. The government is barred from establishing an Official Religion, but has never been religiously sterile.

You confuse the country with the government. They are not one in the same. The US is a religious country, predominatly Christian. The government is barred from establishing an Official Religion, but has never been religiously sterile.

Just like almost all countries...Very few have an established religion and those that do are all dictatorships.

Back