Obama to send troops to Uganda

--
Boots

October 17th, 2011  
George

Topic: Obama to send troops to Uganda

linky Possibly 3 other central African countries as well. Expanding intervention to an area we have had no role in before.
October 17th, 2011  
eTe

Interesting.
There are a lot of militants around that area, isn't there?
October 18th, 2011  
03USMC

We've had a role in Africa since the late 80's early 90's google Mamba Station, Sharp Edge, Assured Response.......................................... .................
--
Boots
October 18th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
linky Possibly 3 other central African countries as well. Expanding intervention to an area we have had no role in before.
I cant see an issue with this as long as the Ugandan government are ok with it and aren't a bunch of dodgy bastards themselves, in fact a technical support approach to dealing with these things makes sense to me.
October 18th, 2011  
eTe

What's the situation in Africa at the moment?
Last I heard it was rife with militant groups.
Would I make an accurate guess in assuming the UN has decided to help some of the people victim to these groups?
October 18th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Great, another pointless military deployment in an area we have no business in..swell. How much is this going to cost us?
Ahhh,... but it's a political decision.

Do you think that the fact that the Chinese are gaining such a foothold in Africa might just have a little to do with it?
October 18th, 2011  
eTe

Ah just saw the article on the LRA.
A righteous cause, to be sure, but aren't a lot of those fighters abducted and re-programed children?

And Spike, I haven't heard anything about China's operations in Africa. What's this all about?
October 18th, 2011  
RayManKiller3

Well, atleast people won't be screaming "for oil!" on this one. It gets annoying hearing that whether it is true or not.
October 18th, 2011  
03USMC

No now it will be Copper, Cobalt and other things.
October 18th, 2011  
George

The Chinese are busy tying up resources world wide. Central Africa is an area that we have let the former colonial powers deal with, & we haven't been involved much, except giving arms to Savimbi during the Reagan Admin.