Obama seeks war authorization from Congress to fight Islamic State

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
U.S. President Barack Obama has sent Congress an outline for authorization to use military force in the campaign against Islamic State, a congressional aide said on Wednesday. The request for authorization of use of military force, or AUMF, limits operations against Islamic State to three years, the aide said. The text bars use of U.S. troops in "enduring offensive ground combat" and repeals the 2002 authorization of military force from the Iraq war, the aide said.

More...

Obama has a phone and pen so why does he invite Congress to clean up the mess he has created , one it is a mess , two Saudi Arabia is now under direct threat from ISIS , three time is getting short for him to leave a legacy . Rule of Military thumb is three attackers for every defender ISIS has something like 40000 defenders so the number of attackers is 120000 x 5 support = a lot of people .

Explain how he made the mess would ya?

I suspect if you were honest you would realise that the mess was made 100 years ago when the colonial powers decided to draw arbitrary lines on the map to create countries and then by successive "powers" who have managed to keep the area destabilised to meet whatever political objective they were pushing which includes your invasion of Iraq.

Obama may have done nothing to solve the problems of the region but by the same token he didn't create the mess in the first place.

I am fine for pipelines thanks and last time I looked Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia were not in Africa.

So what part of this mess is specifically Obama's fault again?

Back