Obama is looking good in the polls

Obama looking good

Really? I saw on Australian news this evening that the latest feeling, (from the US), is that should voting in the Presidential race be close, then there's every chance that up to a third of, (normally), democrat voters will swing their allegiance across to John McCain, simply because they don't want a black President, (whether he'd be good, bad or indifferent)......... :roll:

Shouldn't the real issue be whether they can do the job?? :???:

I think the Republicans played the whole Palin card wrong. That is, they brought her in to be more in touch with regular Americans but they tried to boost her international experience etc., which is not one of McCain's weaknesses.

And he continues to look good.

"Old Man" McCain must be feeling the pressure now.

Last edited:
One would hope she has done better interviews because the constant umms and errs really give her the image of being clueless because using the same logic everyone living in Florida or the gulf coast is just as qualified because of their proximity to Cuba and Mexico.
or anyone living in Detroit or Buffalo, due to proximity to Canada....

or anyone living in Detroit or Buffalo, due to proximity to Canada....

Yes but she is claiming "multiple" experience based on close proximity to Canada and Russia.
By the same token I drive past two churches, several banks and a couple of hospitals theoretically I should be in the running for Archbishop of Canterbury and or finance/health minister.

Sarah Palin......... what a comedy!

I don't know about a comedy but it is an unusual choice given that the Republicans strongest weapon is pushing Obama's inexperience I find it hard to understand why you would then choose a running mate with absolutely no experience.

All I can think of is that she was chosen to get around the perception of McCains age and to woo the Hillary voters but what ever they gain by this is being lost by all of her other problems, I find it hard to imagine that there are no better female candidates within the Republican party.

I hope tha the Polls are better in the US than they seem to be in Australia. Here they have an abominable record, except in open and shut cases.

It's sad that she doesn't get more support on this forum from the Republican Rump. Are they losing confidence in her?

It's sad that she doesn't get more support on this forum from the Republican Rump. Are they losing confidence in her?

I am certainly intrigued by how quickly some people have disappeared since the request for less cliches and more substance in posts was sent out but I am not sure goading them will do any more than get threads locked.

I would however like to know how/why she was chosen for the role as there seems to be little rhyme or reason behind the choice, as I mentioned earlier if they were determined to pick a female candidate there has to women with better credentials in the Republican party.

I am certainly intrigued by how quickly some people have disappeared since the request for less cliches and more substance in posts was sent out but I am not sure goading them will do any more than get threads locked.
However, you know it's what they would do, and have done.

If they want to play hardball...

Of course it is but you don't prove your point by sinking to the level of your opposition.

So with this in mind is there any chance we can keep the topic moving?

1)Of course it is but you don't prove your point by sinking to the level of your opposition.

2)So with this in mind is there any chance we can keep the topic moving?
1-Not doing so hasn't gotten us anywhere. I mean, look at this place.

2-Tomorrow starts a new week. New polls.

We cannot afford a 3rd Bush term. Thank you. And God forbid, he gets elected anyway and something should happen to McCain, who'd replace him is worse than both Bush and McCain.

bush-mccain-hug-72.jpg

Back