Obama don't know much!

You're not even old to vote yet and you're complaining!
Why don't you life for fifty years or so. Maybe then you will had learned something. Respect, knowledge.

I've already said this in another post, but these are so incredibly distasteful. Yeah...I get it...people don't like Mr. Obama's policies. But YOU are a fifteen year old young adult in the World. I won't tell you that you don't understand, or not old enough to have an opinion. But I will tell you that you are not mature enough to know the difference between expressing one's views and outright disrespecting someone. Respect is earned, yes, but sometimes you simply have to show respect to the rank, not the man behind the rank. I dunno if you're thinking about going into the military (I'll guess that you are because of your username) but if you go into the military and disrespect a Sergeant or a Lt. or whatever, you're not going to like the answer.

This seems to be a growing theme with the younger generation....carefull though, else we be accused of "bullying" him...

CT, I betcha that jrotc kid doesn't even understand the mere concept of Pres. Obama's policies.

To be perfectly honest I don't care if he understands or not. If not the man, the office is deserving of respect.

This seems to be a growing theme with the younger generation....carefull though, else we be accused of "bullying" him...

What's going to happen when he gets to the real world?

Yes the office deserves respect but we can all have our own opinions about his policies. The main reason I posted this is because it is supposed to be funny. But there is some truth to what is said in the videos. Because no matter what lies you say or what opinion you hold it is all based off of facts. If you put all the facts that you know together then you can form your own opinion. And in this country we all have access to the facts. Our view of these facts represents our opinion. I have no problem with the office or the man. Just the way he handles certain things. Those things are the facts that I base my opinion off of. If you don't like some people's opinions or opposite opinions of yours then move to a different country and become a dictator and then nobody in that country can dispute your opinion.

Last edited:
Yes the office deserves respect but we can all have our own opinions about his policies. The main reason I posted this is because it is supposed to be funny. But there is some truth to what is said in the videos. Because no matter what lies you say or what opinion you hold it is all based off of facts. If you put all the facts that you know together then you can form your own opinion. And in this country we all have access to the facts. Our view of these facts represents our opinion. I have no problem with the office or the man. Just the way he handles certain things. Those things are the facts that I base my opinion off of. If you don't like some people's opinions or opposite opinions of yours then move to a different country and become a dictator and then nobody in that country can dispute your opinion.

Look up the word "apolitical". If you plan on joining the military, you need to understand what that means. A professional keeps their opinions to themselves. When you don't wear a uniform of any kind and don't represent an organization of any kind you can make an ass of yourself at your leisure. However, while you play pretend soldier, wearing the same uniform that myself and millions of others have worn for years at great expense, you WILL, at the very least, respect the office and keep your personal opinions of this nature to yourself. You have quite a lot to learn. I don't think SFC Rivera or 1SG Blair would appreciate you making them and the rest of your organization look bad because you opened up your mouth.

Come on guys, this is the Political sub-Forum after all. It's refreshing to find a young guy who hasn't been brainwashed by the Liberal infested education system into thinking The Big Zero is a great President.

You have that right because of the uniform that I wear, that brinktk wears, and all of our brothers and sisters wear. You have that right because of the uniform that our knuckle-headed cousins wear. You have that right because of the people who wore that uniform and who never made it home. But you? You wear a uniform just like us, except your uniform is the prep for ours. And you have the NERVE to insult OUR Commander and Chief? Unfortunately, when you insult the Commander and Chief, you tend to insult us.

See here's the problem. You go to a military academy, whose goal is to prep you for entrance into military service. Yet you don't seem to understand the concept of "respect to your superiors". You may not like the person, or how they run things, but you show respect to the person and you keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself. Don't throw the first amendment crap at me, or that you "respect" the man. Because it's exactly that...crap. I've learned that people tend to hide behind the First Amendment when they're saying something that they need to keep to themselves.

Come on guys, this is the Political sub-Forum after all. It's refreshing to find a young guy who hasn't been brainwashed by the Liberal infested education system into thinking The Big Zero is a great President.

He said it himself, it's meant as a joke. Therefore, not only is it in the wrong area, but it was not a discussion to start with. Opinions are fine...but don't you think it's a little insulting for someone who is being prepped for military service to voice those opinions out loud when they are openly insulting our Commander and Chief?

And then people wonder why Europe and the rest of the World CONSTANTLY makes fun of America. Gee...would it have anything to do with our own people insulting our leaders so openly?

This isn't an argument about whether or not the president is "great" or not. This is about respecting the position, and the office of the president. Good, bad, or indifferent he was elected to office which means we all have to put up with the policies and agendas set forth by him. We don't have to like it but we do have to accept it. He will be gone in 2 years and the next will be deserving of the same respect because of the office they hold.

It is one thing to disagree, it is another thing entirely to be blatantly disrespectful. It isn't even a fine line...

This isn't an argument about whether or not the president is "great" or not. This is about respecting the position, and the office of the president. Good, bad, or indifferent he was elected to office which means we all have to put up with the policies and agendas set forth by him. We don't have to like it but we do have to accept it. He will be gone in 2 years and the next will be deserving of the same respect because of the office they hold.

It is one thing to disagree, it is another thing entirely to be blatantly disrespectful. It isn't even a fine line...

No, it's not a fine line as you say. It's a big arsed line with an electric fence and barbed wire that requires a passport to look at.

As someone who just went through that tender teenage span not too long ago myself, I can concur with what others here have already said. It's mainly my feeling that for young people these day's to find their own formulated views of the world. It's best to look at both angles to an issue, garner your information from multiple sources, and factor in that other people will think differently and speak in a biased manner to you on those issues, such as Presidential policy for example.

But no matter what hold mutual respect and be understanding towards people who may feel differently than you. Also realize that here you are on a forum, and the very idea of forum whether it be in an Ancient Roman settlement or online is to have different people with different views and opinions exchange dialogue about things.

You may not like someone's opinion, but that's what a forum is, an avenue for discussion.

The faster you can pick up on this mentality today then you will make a more positive imagine with those around you.

And hopefully you will make better life choices as well when faced with challenges in this world.

Now excuse me while I try to remember where I put my walker....

So...if we dig back will we find "Dignity & respect" For Bush II?? Seems the Dems & their lapdogs in the Press s*&t on Bush @ every opportunity for 8 years. Then, low & behold, a Lib. Democrat is in Office & it's all about "showing respect ". I show as much respect for Obama as the Dems showed for Bush.

So...if we dig back will we find "Dignity & respect" For Bush II?? Seems the Dems & their lapdogs in the Press s*&t on Bush @ every opportunity for 8 years. Then, low & behold, a Lib. Democrat is in Office & it's all about "showing respect ". I show as much respect for Obama as the Dems showed for Bush.

I'm trying to teach this kid a lesson and you should know better. This isn't about dems or libs George. If this kid is going into the military, while he wears a uniform, he must remain apolitical. You should know this.

I also wasn't responding specifically to you at first and how you opine about those elected. I could care less about that.

You'd be a fool if you think those in the military were enamored with the Bush administration. The thing is, we are professionals so we kept our mouths shut and followed orders.

One thing I really have a problem with is the polarization of the parties, on both sides, which has brought both houses to an absolute stand still for almost a decade. Our process isn't supposed to work without some concessions being made from both sides. Now, neither party will cross the aisle, which is a problem. The biggest difference I have seen between the fanatacism is that those on the far right would kill those on the far left if they could get away with it. I CERTAINLY have a problem with that...

Last edited:

So that's the excuse? A perceived slight against Bush merits immediate retaliation against Obama? So if the next President is a Republican then you'd agree that its only fair the Democrats do the same? That's a pretty childish and vindictive attitude.

State example of such disrespect. Note: Criticizing the President or even ribbing him do NOT constitute disrespect. However, interrupting the President during a SOTU speech, being rude to him in public, demanding the President prove his nationality (with obvious racist overtones), opposing everything the president does out of pure spite not political reason, criticizing both the man's wife and his kids for perfectly innocent behavior DOES constitute disrespect.

Yet, None of these things happened to Bush. Care to guess to which President this happened to?

And while we are talking about Bush, the loss of said respect was directly due to his administration's ignorance, incompetence, vindictiveness and corruption that took place when he was running the show. Democrats didn't disrespect Bush, they didn't have to, Bush did a fantastic job of destroying his own reputation all by himself.

And to the OP:

If you are serious about a military career then I would seriously suggest you take BRINKTK suggestion of being apolitical to heart.

History is full career ending statements made by soldiers who made the mistake of publicly criticizing the POTUS. George McClellen and Douglas McArthur for example.

So that's the excuse? A perceived slight against Bush merits immediate retaliation against Obama? So if the next President is a Republican then you'd agree that its only fair the Democrats do the same? That's a pretty childish and vindictive attitude.

State example of such disrespect. Note: Criticizing the President or even ribbing him do NOT constitute disrespect. However, interrupting the President during a SOTU speech, being rude to him in public, demanding the President prove his nationality (with obvious racist overtones), opposing everything the president does out of pure spite not political reason, criticizing both the man's wife and his kids for perfectly innocent behavior DOES constitute disrespect.

Yet, None of these things happened to Bush. Care to guess to which President this happened to?

And while we are talking about Bush, the loss of said respect was directly due to his administration's ignorance, incompetence, vindictiveness and corruption that took place when he was running the show. Democrats didn't disrespect Bush, they didn't have to, Bush did a fantastic job of destroying his own reputation all by himself.

And to the OP:

If you are serious about a military career then I would seriously suggest you take BRINKTK suggestion of being apolitical to heart.

History is full career ending statements made by soldiers who made the mistake of publicly criticizing the POTUS. George McClellen and Douglas McArthur for example.
Your comments pretty much prove my point. "A perceived slight" seriously?? "Demanding the President prove his nationality (with obvious racist overtones)" Who started that? HMMM wasn't the Republicans! It was his own relatives in Kenya who said they watched him being downloaded (modern terminology, hope you can follow it!) in Kenya. How did he react? Made sure all of his records are sealed & takes 2 1/2 years to release a fake B.C. "opposing everything the president does out of pure spite not political reason" really? This is getting silly, His plans are Leftist drivel. Plan Lemming, right off the cliff. Duty of anyone to jam up
crap like he wants, unless despair and ruin is a good thing.
Yeah on the O.P., once in the real military clam up.

By the way everybody I don't bully easy. If you want to try me then try harder. I can take anything you throw at me.

That's the thing.... If you think you're being bullied currently, what do you think it's going to be like when you meet your DS/DI at basic for the first time? What do you think is going to happen when they tell you to do something and you roll your eyes? Or you catch a little attitude? Or you forget to call your DS "Drill Sergeant"? Or you slip up and call him/her "corporal" because you're so used to saying corporal and you don't make the conversion? I mean I'm just curious what do you think is going to happen?

Because here's the unfiltered truth of what will happen. Alot of yelling, in your face, and a lot of you playing in the mud, running, etc. Long bout the second time you call him corporal or any of that other crap he's going to start punishing the entire platoon for YOUR screw up. Then what is going to happen?

Back