Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-west-jackass/

President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.
Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.
"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

New medical term.... "Premature tweetulation."

Hehehehe.

But in all seriousness.... You're exactly right, 13... Our President isn't wrong about this... I wonder where the party lines fall on this issue. ;)

I just want to see if anyone comes to Kanye's defense.

Plus, is there any video of this? If not, how do we know this guy is telling the truth?

It's simply an off the record statement, TOG. Nothing "official," although I really HOPE it's the truth. Hahaha.

pixie... I was being sarcastic... Some people will pick a fight over anything... Perfect example... This story was run by FOX news... One could speculate that FOX was simply trying to turn the public against the President by showing how vulgar he is. Regardless of whether or not he's right, there will be those who say "The President shouldn't say things like that."

Whether the President said it or not, its true that Kanye is an jack:cen:. Am I the only one who feels his "apologies" are nothing but more staged drama to keep himself in the limelight and not in the least bit sincere? :roll:

POTUS speakth the truth. If the comment gets him burned its only because some other Jackasses decide to use it as politcal fodder. BTW I'd killed the fly too.

Whether the President said it or not, its true that Kanye is an jack:cen:. Am I the only one who feels his "apologies" are nothing but more staged drama to keep himself in the limelight and not in the least bit sincere? :roll:

No your not, I feel the exact same way, if he even had a seconds thought that it wouldn't be right, then he wouldn't have done it in the first place. Who does he think he is anyway? Personally I would liek to se him pull some S*** like that on Miley Sirus, just to see how deep in his A** Billy Ray would shove the mic. Stupid stunts like that have no place at an awards ceremony

Who does he think he is anyway?

The next Elvis, the new King of Pop, and/or God. It depends on which interview you listen to. What he is, is a not-all-that-talented egotistical maniac who doesn't deserve the attention he's made sure he's getting. Notice how he keeps apologizing to anyone who will give him the opportunity? Yeah. Most people would've apologized personally to Taylor, once to the public, and left it at that. But nooooo. Not Kanye. He has to make sure he stays in the public eye. If he spent half as much time creating music as he does throwing temper tantrums he MIGHT have a chance at making some decent music.

I think it is cool that you have a president who shows some signs of connecting with the people in the street. It is a hot item and he shows that he does read the same newspapers and watches the same news. In short; it makes him a people's person. I wish our PM would be a bit more human too....

Exactly... That's part of the reason GWB was so popular... He was a man's man. He acted like you could trust him... You wanted to go out and grab a beer and watch the game with him.

Exactly... That's part of the reason GWB was so popular... He was a man's man. He acted like you could trust him... You wanted to go out and grab a beer and watch the game with him.
Unfortunately, the last time I was at a football stadium I did not see a single man who I'd trust to run the country.

Got to take the good with the bad, I guess.

Back