Obama Announces '08 Run

I think I have a better chance at being elected than he does. Too young and lacks any credibility in my opinion to be the CINC.

I think I have a better chance at being elected than he does. Too young and lacks any credibility in my opinion to be the CINC.
A classic case of the lesser of two evils...Hellfire Hillary, or Osama Obama. Besides, there is a long ongoing thread somewhere in this forum about how age doesnt matter...Look at how young John F. Kennedy was. And he's considered one of the best presidents of all time...

Neither of them are qualified to hold that office. I'm still waiting for Luis to announce his candidacy. I've seen the posters and they are ready for press... waiting is the hardest part. And don't forget JFK did do a stint in the Navy, in combat, THAT alone matured the man beyond his chronological age.

Neither of them are qualified to hold that office. I'm still waiting for Luis to announce his candidacy. I've seen the posters and they are ready for press... waiting is the hardest part. And don't forget JFK did do a stint in the Navy, in combat, THAT alone matured the man beyond his chronological age.
A good point, but nonetheless, the point being that age isnt the determining factor in how competent one is. Mozart writing symphanies at age 5 when most men at age 50 cannot.

I think the Clinton assasination team will go on the attack very soon and destroy the life of a good young man. He doesn't stand a chance against prodessionals.

A classic case of the lesser of two evils...Hellfire Hillary, or Osama Obama. Besides, there is a long ongoing thread somewhere in this forum about how age doesnt matter...Look at how young John F. Kennedy was. And he's considered one of the best presidents of all time...

First off, you've been watching way too much CNN (you know, there whole mixing up Osama and Obama thing on back to back stories one day.) and second off, JFK is rarely considered one of the greatest Presidents of all time, in fact he is in danger of falling into the ten worst Presidents of all time category on most "experts'" lists.

I think the reason Obama is most likely to win is simply because he doesn't have any glaring issues in his past like pretty much every other candidate in this years election on both sides. I personally hope the Democrats choose Hillary simply because I would like to see a Republican win again in '08 simply because I've always preferred the Republican approach to foreign affairs. Hopefully whoever wins doesn't go off and start spending money like drunken Kennedies as Bush did. Amazing how Bush still have two years in office and we are talking about him like he is a non-issue.

I think this is the first time. :cheers:

Hey can I join in this love in? I'm getting warm fuzzies about Senator McCain too and wonder what might have been?

Anyway Obama, I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you ain't no Jack Kennedy.

What's all this fuss about Obama? I just watched his response to Prime Minister Howard's criticism of his Iraq proposal and Obama was struggling for words, inarticulate, and very unpolished. Was that just a one off flop or is he being over rated?

I like Obama, I might even vote for him, but not this election. He should stay in the Senate for at least another term. He has nothing to risk. He popular, and he is in a Blue state. He simply just doesn't have enough experience right now, especially in Foreign affairs. The person sitting in the White House currently is case in point about putting someone in office who doesn't have enough experience in Global matters. I don't think we can afford a repeat of that mistake. But he's young, he can run again.

Unfortunately, I also suspect that certain areas of American society may not be ready for a Black President or for a woman for that matter. So that might count as a strike against him.

As for me, I was relatively impressed with John Edwards plans for Universal Heath Care I think it might have merit, so right now I am going with him.

Missileer mentioned Hillary. While she certainly has the cash, I am not sure she as shoo-in as people might think. In terms of popularity I think Obama and Edwards (especially in the South, which is an important inroad for Dems).

Same goes for McCain. He hardcore backing of Bush's Iraq policy cost him a lot of moderate voters (such as myself). Moderates are more likely to support Guiliani than McCain.

McCain and Guiliani are polar opposites. McCain is very likable but his policies are so-so. Guiliani is a nasty guy (not an exaggeration, just ask any NYer) but he is actually very competent. Even so, I still voted for him. So I guess if Chuck Hagel is out my next line of support for Republican Nominee goes to Guiliani.

Last edited:
Back