Obama Announces '08 Run

But Kennedy was the one who decided at the last minute to withdraw American air support for Cubans so when they hit the beaches they were totally exposed with no cover fire.

I still think the only reason Kennedy is considered a great president is because he was assassinated in office. Let's not forget that the week after Kennedy died Congress was going to start viewing evidence into illegal doings by Kennedy and possibly impeach him, but those plans were cancelled when Kennedy was killed.

Whichever school, college or lecturer taught you this rubbish, demand your fees back. There was a chance that in late 1963 or early 1964, then Vice President Johnson was going to be investigated for a murder in Texas, and we can speculate that President Kennedy's alleged marital infidelities especially with an alleged female connected to the mafia may have led to the charge of impeachment in the House BUT personal illegal activities by President Kennedy were never on any Congressman's agenda. If there was, I would love to be updated on this historical information and look forward to quotes, references or citations that will illuminate me.

Last edited:
Barak Hussein Obama's parents were muslim, he was muslim until he met his wife and he converted to marry her. He is a marked man. According to the Qu'uran he is to be killed. IT would NOT do our nation any good whatso****ingever. In their eyes now the great Satan would have the leader proving their point that we are all unworthy of life. It would be a rallying call cementing them to action against us.

Educate your ****ing selves for Christ's sake.
(No pun intended)

Bulldogg

Sorry thats just plain wrong. His father was an African, His mother was a WASP from Kansas. He was born in Hawaii. His parents divorced when he was 2, his father returned to Nigeria and his mother's family raised him AS A DEVOUT CHRISTIAN. He did not study the Qu'ran, attend the Mosque, did his Haj, or anything else that would associate him as a Muslim. He has openly stated he is a devout Christian. You can only be guilty of apostasy if you convert from Islam to another religion. He isn't, because he was never a Muslim to begin with. In Islam, like in Judaism, the religion is carried by the mother. If ma wasn't a Muslim (a true believer, a marriage convert is meaningless), neither was he. Most Muslims would not consider him to be Muslim. The only people who MIGHT agree with you about him being a 'marked' man would be the terrorists and other dangerous religous fanatics.

I reiterate: a president with a little 'color' (I am not just taking race) would go a long way to help our wrecked image abroad. The LAST thing our Foreign Policy needs is another arrogant cowboy from Texas who talks more than he actually understands.

Last edited:
The article I gleaned this information from is in Indonesian. Where his mother went to live with her second husband after the first left. They were both Muslim men. She converted to marry them regardless of what she was at birth and in the eyes of muslims he WAS muslim and he has converted. When the bits of the article applicable are translated I will post them here for you. You are not getting the whole truth. He was raised by his grandparents LATER in life in Hawaii. During his childhood prior to living with Grandma and Grandpa he did attend mosque and he did study the Qu'ran like a good little muslim boy. There is no confirmation. If you are born muslim, under the sharia you ARE muslim. My wife has a law degree from the "Harvard law" of Indonesia and has educated my ass on the point.

Like I said the source is forthcoming, stay tuned.

Alternate sources in English in the meantime...

Berry's father was a Kenyan politician, a Muslim
http://www.thejakartapost.com/yesterdaydetail.asp?fileid=20061129.F03
Even the teachers at State Elementary School (SDN) Menteng 01 had been oblivious to the fact that Barack Obama, the rising young star of the Democratic party, once studied there.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/yesterdaydetail.asp?fileid=20070131.C03
He returned to Hawaii at the age 10 to live with his maternal grandparent
Vice principal Achmad Solikhin said the Indonesian government took charge of the school in 1962. It was then run by the Raden Saleh Foundation under principal Samingatun Binti Hardjodarson, who was also known as Ibu S. Karim.

Obama was in the third grade at SDN Menteng 01 -- then named SDN Besuki -- in 1968 when Ibu Karim was principal.
The Raden (meaning royalty) Saleh was a convert to Islam and his kingdom was the first Islamic state in the archipelago. The Foundation has used philanthropy to spread the teachings of Islam. Hearts and minds while JI goes for the balls. So Barak DID attend a Muslim school, even if it was not a madrassa the cirricullum was heavily influenced by the islamic agenda of the RSF.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Indonesia

(January 28, 2007) When Barack Hussein Obama was born he was given a Muslim name, identical to that of his father and grandfather. His mother married two (2) Muslims, Barry's father and a second Muslim who brought her and Barry to Indonesia. In Indonesia, Obama's parents identified him as a Muslim, and he studied Islam. All of these are facts on which no one disagrees and everyone agrees.

So why the media frenzy to cover-up Obama's Muslim heritage?

I broke the Obama/Muslim story 2-1/2 years ago. Obama had indeed casually mentioned his Muslim contacts, but he had carefully avoided any details. I was troubled and intrigued by the lack of specificity in his explanations. I launched an international investigation.

And, as I told a reporter for the New York Times who contacted me last week, we are still actively pursuing the "Obama's religion" story and will have more during "Obama Week," which we have planned for February 5th.

As someone who is known worldwide as a friend of Muslims, as well as Christians and Jews, and has been identified on conservative web sites as a Muslim supporter, I bore Mr. Obama no animus, and bear him none today.

Others picked up on my research. No doubt Hillary Clinton used my reporting as a starting point. My disclosures of Obama's fabricated past have been an outstanding piece of investigative journalism because all of the facts I reported 2 years ago have eventually either been confirmed or conceded.

So why the frenzied attacks on reports concerning factual information about Obama's religion?

The webzine Insight referred to Obama's Jakarta school as a "madrassa." What is known is that Obama's stepfather was a Muslim, and that he removed the child from a Catholic school and placed him in an institution where Islam was part of the curriculum. Insight's use of the word "madrassa" was probably overstated; I had never used that term in my writing (except in quotation marks) and I have been careful not to. Nevertheless, although I had no direct contact with Insight, the facts of their story were substantially true.

How can the Chicago Tribune then call the issue of Obama's Muslim background the "Anatomy of a False Story?" Jake Tapper of ABC referred to the Obama's story as a "fuss" over an "ordinary" school. Ordinary, perhaps, by Muslim/Indonesian school standards but not ordinary at all by ordinary main street education in the United States. Liberal lapdog Jonathan Alter at Newsweek called the "madrassa" story a "hoax." Monday, January 29th, the Times reporter who contacted me has a story calling Insight's Obama reporting "false." What's false?

The only "hoax" in all of this has been the way the "mainstream media" have been trying to tamp down any coverage of Obama's religion. They will not succeed.

The lowest blow was struck Sunday by the Washington Post of Watergate fame. Somewhere, Richard Nixon must be smiling.

The Post called reports on Obama's religion "juvenile," "scurrilous" and "contemptible." The Obama reporting was none of those. Maybe the real motivation for the Post's hysteria was that the paper was badly beaten on this story, as was the rest of the mucky muck media establishment.

I don’t find it at all suspicious that someone in Hillary Clinton's camp could have leaked the Obama story. Thanks, Hillary. Indeed, it was probably the imprimatur of legitimacy conferred by Clinton's negative research that finally ignited the hothouse reporting.

The Post was incorrect in stating, "Mr. Obama has never tried to hide his past or his family name." That’s a real hoax and a real media lie by the Post itself. Obama has done everything he can to craft a fictional reality for himself on national television. Never in recent American politics has there been such a spurious, self-invented "Music Man" candidate who literally conjured up most of his family history.

And Obama continues to dish lies at every opportunity (of which we will have more to say in later columns). Suffice it to say as early as 2004 I disclosed based on our original research in Kenya that Obama's presentation of his family history was somewhere between grossly disingenuous and a complete fiction. Obama came from Kenya's black colonial aristocracy and any livestock held by his family was a sign of wealth, not poverty. How's that for Barry flipping the truth, and the media sucking it up? Baaaaa.

Over and over again Obama has distorted and invented his family history. It is disgraceful. It prompted us to begin a CIA-style psychological profile of this deeply disturbed public figure that will be released during Obama Week.

In the meantime, the Washington Post, Chicago Tribune and lefties such as Mr. Alter love it and lap it up as Obama hides his past in plain sight. Once again the media are being lapdogs. The Post suggested Barry's "multicultural" background was a plus. On the contrary, Obama's complete and continuing confusion about his "culture" is what makes some people view him as a "Manchurian Candidate."

The Washington Post created the modern era of investigative journalism (although I was a skilled investigator long before Watergate). Now the Post says, imperiously, "If we say it's investigation its investigation, and if we say it's scurrilous its not investigation." But facts are facts.

And they wonder why people don't trust the mainstream media. The only contemptible aspect of this entire Obama controversy—-which is not going away--is the outrageous behavior of newspapers.

Way back in 1978 I broke a story on my then-Opponent Alex Seith, who was preening over his morality but was scheduled to be a character witness for a Chicago Crime Syndicate hoodlum. I still remember the surprise on the reporter's face. He said "How did you discover that; it's our job." I had used plain, old investigative journalism. (Full disclosure: I also hold a law degree from the University of Illinois and one thing good lawyers are taught to do is investigate, investigate, investigate. My primary training in investigation has come out of law and government, not working for a newspaper.)

For shame, Washington Post. You tarnish your own legacy of Watergate fame when you seek to "take down" people who are forcing Barry or Barack Obama to slowly and grudgingly tell the truth about his past.

Bottom line: Barry Obama is still living in a dream world and still lying about his family history and his religious history. And no one, not anyone, is likely to stop the people of this country from being given access to basic facts before they are called to vote on the suitability of this master con artist for national office.

If you wonder why the print media and particularly newspapers cry they have no future, look at the way they have tried to cover-up Obama's life and the way they have sought to excoriate anyone telling the truth. Who wants to pay to read a pack of lies?

President Nixon, at least they don’t have you to kick around any more.
http://www.politicalgateway.com/main/columns/read.html?col=722

Last edited:
And not wanting Kerry to be the only Dem with a foot in his mouth...

Scott Johnson called it this way. 'Obama not only insulted our ally, he formulated the insult in the inelegant fashion of an intellectual thug.' That's close enough. Right out of the gate, Obama wants to belittle the Australian troops in Iraq.

Just so they wouldn't feel left out, Barack decided to belittle the American troops as well. The senator made this blunder during a speech at Iowa State University. On Sunday he criticized the war in Iraq as a conflict that had "wasted" more than 3,000 American soldiers' lives. Someone must have told Obama that was a poor choice as he did the quasi backtrack the very next day.
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272611552.shtml

Nice speech :cen:head.

Bulldogg

I see that your source is Indonisian, the trouble is the Muslim press does tend to exaggerate stories. Even you know this. Which is why I dont trust them, nor the rightwing blogs that 'find' these stories as credible. Espicially when renowned media outlets like NY times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post have all called the story a hoax. (your own source)

Most likely this story is a likely a smear campaign started by a rival politician. Maybe from the Hillary camp, but these 'slime' and muckraking tactics are much more common of Republican campaign tactics. In fact this whole story looks very similar to what the Bush people did to John McCain in North Carolina 2000. I.E Take a fact, then spin it so much that the 99.99% Bull is based on the .001% fact.

Yes his stepfather was a muslim too, but again that hardly means he was one. As I said, Muslims believe religion is carried by the mother. By your own reference, the schools had Islam as part of the course, (they might have had bible class as well, it didn't say).

Just found this: http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/01/29/news/doc45bcee318dbfc228878448.txt

Stories seemingly trivial or even untrue will appear instantly and reverberate madly through the media. Candidates most skillful in anticipating them and reacting swiftly will have a big advantage.

A magazine article's charge that Obama had attended a radical Islamic school while living in Indonesia as a boy was spread on blogs and, most prominently, on Fox News Channel. (Not the "fair and balanced" people? I'm shocked! :shock:)

Other news organizations sent reporters who learned the school in Jakarta was public and secular and has long accepted students of all faiths.
(a real extremist to be sure :angel:).

CNN's Anderson Cooper seemed to relish sticking the knife in a rival. "That's the difference between talking about news and reporting it," he said. "You send a reporter, check the facts and you decide at home."

CNN had time to do that because it wasn't a hard news story, said Sam Feist, the network's political director.
(And this is from CNN, not exactly most people's first choice of a quality news program. They actually think that a dead silicone enhanced gold-digger was the better story. I rest my case).

But the undeniable fact is that all of this was done when he was at a very young age. Most Muslims do NOT strictly adhere to Sharia law. I can assure you that most people in the Muslim world are NOT going to think he was a Muslim simply because he *might* have attended a few classes at age 7. Only the extremists might think that, and I, nor most people give a damn about what *they* think.

A person who grows up most of his life as a Christian, prenounce faith to Christ, goes to church, as not going to be considered a Muslim, even by other muslims. I don't hear the Muslims calling Barack a muslim, In fact heard Keith Ellison referring to him as Christian on the BBC's HARDTALK.

Muslims believe religion is carried by the mother
Got a source for that? I'm looking at the Qu'ran and just asked the missus to double check. There is nothing in the sharia about the father or the mother carrying the religion, I think you're crossing lines with Judaism.

Further to the point under Indonesian law if people get married they must CHOOSE one religion. Since the second husband was muslim and to commit apostasy would carry a death sentence Barak's mother had to convert to Islam and this would carry with it her children's conversion as well. Other people's ignorance of Indonesian law is the problem here. He was muslim though not by his own choice, unfortunately that little detail of his age at time of conversion by his mother's choice matters not to the muslims who DO adhere to the strict interpretation of the Qu'ran and Shari'a.

I'll do better I'll get it from the source. I am fairly sure, but I will double check it with a Muslim colleague of mine on Monday. I'll get back to you.

The mother converted with her 1st husband. She was already a muslim by her 2nd one. But if you are saying that the fact the mothers conversion is what forced Obama to become an unwillingly Muslim, then are you not agreeing with he by stating the the faith is carried by the mother?

And again, thats a very literal intrepretation of Sheria law. I don't think the majority of muslims would agree. Perhaps the extremists, but not the more moderates. I am not even sure it would even be accepted in other Muslim countries.

It wouldn't matter if it was the mother or the father of the child.

To be clear I am not saying I believe the man to be a Muslim nor that his mother's conversion was a heartfelt one. What I am saying is that Muslims have a different view of this, there is no catechism or confirmation. Its automatic and assumed the child of a muslim is a muslim. No free will.

As for the moderates not taking it that way, fair enough, honestly I dont give a :cen:, we arent at war with moderates. Savvy?

Donkey

The average wage at WalMart is $8.23 an hour, true thats not minimum wage but its pretty damn bad. Its especially bad when that same company posted a $240 Billion in 2003.

From Walmarts own financial statements. From Q3 2006 they posted $83 Billion.

http://www.walmartfacts.com/featuredtopics/?id=7

Does that seem fair to you? Not mention the fact they don't give any benefits to their workers either. Is it any wonder they want to unionize?

Life isn't fair bucko just buried two of my friends at ages 27 and 30, is that fair?

Is it fair that I paid twice as much in taxes this year and got back half as much because I work hard and advanced myself and made more money??? I believe that means I should work less be a bum and collect from the system....

I don't know about you but I lived on my own at college making 10 bucks an hour and I'm still paying for my college...Let's bring the perspective globally some countries people make 4 bucks a week yet the cost of goods is not any less....They buy a jar of jelly and bread to live on for the week so you go wha to them about making $8.23 an hour....

mmarsh said:
Yes his stepfather was a muslim too, but again that hardly means he was one. As I said, Muslims believe religion is carried by the mother. By your own reference, the schools had Islam as part of the course, (they might have had bible class as well, it didn't say).
I bet the local Jakarta schools he attended where not influencing Islamic views upon their students...

Also he wouldn't have had to convert to marry his wife for Islamic men can marry females from other religions just Islamic women can only marry Islamic men...

Life isn't fair bucko just buried two of my friends at ages 27 and 30, is that fair?

Is it fair that I paid twice as much in taxes this year and got back half as much because I work hard and advanced myself and made more money??? I believe that means I should work less be a bum and collect from the system....

I don't know about you but I lived on my own at college making 10 bucks an hour and I'm still paying for my college...Let's bring the perspective globally some countries people make 4 bucks a week yet the cost of goods is not any less....They buy a jar of jelly and bread to live on for the week so you go wha to them about making $8.23 an hour....

I bet the local Jakarta schools he attended where not influencing Islamic views upon their students...

Also he wouldn't have had to convert to marry his wife for Islamic men can marry females from other religions just Islamic women can only marry Islamic men...

Gee thats seems awfully cold. I don't accept the notion that just because a situation is bad, we don't have the right to try and change it.

You seem to be saying that because we I got a bad deal we don't have the change it. Sorry but I don't agree at all. You had to pay for your college without financial aid, so did my father. So lets use your example:

Do you think its fair that children of millionaires get financial aid simply because they score better grades. Or do you think financial aid should be given to those who actually have trouble paying the tuition? (FYI, Most colleges have agreed to change the system this year).

I am truly sorry about your friends, but death is not a factor that we lowly humans have the power to change, neither is Taxes. But exploitation of the labor force is.

Economics 101. Big Business is predatory in nature. It will always prey on the weak for its own advantage. Its the nature of the beast in a capitalist market. But the beast can be controlled by curbing its insatiable greed, and it can be done in a way that doesn't hurt it. This is where where Big Business cries foul, but in reality minimum wage increases effect only very modestly. Companies like Walmart can easily afford paying more than minimum wage.

One of our greatest presidents, Teddy Roosevelt, was expert in curbing the beast (trust buster) and making sure that labor and customers got a fair (not an equal, but a fair) shake.

Personally when I was working a big retail outfit in 1993 in NYC, I would have loved to be making more than $5.15. an hour. They could have paid me more, like they did to FULLTIME people they just didn't want to. The only raise I got was 15 cents. I was working 32-35 Hours for 3 years, as a PART-TIME employee. That way they didn't have to give me any benefits, or pay me commission. And I worked just as hard (even harder than some) as the FULL-TIME people. They never wanted to bump me to Full Time, it was pure greed.

So I'm glad minimum wage is going up, I didn't get the benefits but at least others will.

Besides in its the countries financial interest to raise the minimum wage. More money people make, the more they have to spend. And its consumer spending that moves the economy.

Last edited:
Well, when I was 14, I worked for a rancher (rich one) for $.90/hr. Then I cleaned out chicken houses by the job so I don't know what I was paid. All I know is I would start shoveling at sunup and quit about dusk. I loaded hay for 2 cents a bail. I didn't get paid for unloading it, the 2 cents covered that. I pulled corn and made about $5.00 per trailer load, it took about four hours to load a trailer.

All this was done on Summer vacation in Texas at around 108 degrees in the shade. The pay wasn't even considered since it went to my Parents to help buy clothes for three growing kids. Hell, I would have almost killed for the money a kid makes at burger doodle these days. The idea is to make the time you are being paid minimum wage as short as possible by setting goals and achieving same.

Well, when I was 14, I worked for a rancher (rich one) for $.90/hr. Then I cleaned out chicken houses by the job so I don't know what I was paid. All I know is I would start shoveling at sunup and quit about dusk. I loaded hay for 2 cents a bail. I didn't get paid for unloading it, the 2 cents covered that. I pulled corn and made about $5.00 per trailer load, it took about four hours to load a trailer.

All this was done on Summer vacation in Texas at around 108 degrees in the shade. The pay wasn't even considered since it went to my Parents to help buy clothes for three growing kids. Hell, I would have almost killed for the money a kid makes at burger doodle these days. The idea is to make the time you are being paid minimum wage as short as possible by setting goals and achieving same.
But...And I mean no offence by this Missileeer...Times have changed...Sure, minimum wage has gone up, but so has the price of other goods and services.

You want to earn more money, educate yourself to a higher level and then stick with the job and gain experience increasing your value and your salary will follow.

I think Obama has got his facts wrong. The US doesn't dictate foreign policy to Israel, Israel through its proxies like AIPAC dictate Foreign policy to the US.

Its been that way for decades, and I cannot think of a better excuse for Campaign finance reform better than AIPAC.

Be careful there you are starting to enter the rabbit hole ;)

I think Obama has got his facts wrong. The US doesn't dictate foreign policy to Israel, Israel through its proxies like AIPAC dictate Foreign policy to the US.

Its been that way for decades, and I cannot think of a better excuse for Campaign finance reform better than AIPAC.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?! Alrighty then... source for this claim or is it indigestion?

It's called a conspiracy theory bulldogg, shall we play into his paranoia? I've got another one for you, Jesuits are the special forces of the Catholic Church and are responsible for the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Heard that one from a drunk in a bar.

Back