nutty americans and guns

Im getting quoted again.

Im not repersenting any nation but myself.

And yes I wasnt aspecting abusive replies.

Anymore quotes?

Oh please don't lock, we're having soooo much fun! :D He's cannon fodder!

Anyway. What is "with us" is our second amendment...and *gasp* we're the most stable country in the world. We've had no changes of government since our Constitution was written, our one major revolution was stopped in its tracks, and that's the way we like it. So, if you'll excuse the "nuts" in here, we'll keep our guns.

Well, this thread was created while I was on my way to active duty...I will jump into this late in the game.

I am sorry, but our problems are not due to guns. Kids who are brought up being taught gun safety are not the ones going out shooting people. Those kids respect guns and use them for sport or hunting (score one for the red necks). The problem lies with the general lack of responsibility that is being exercised by our society. Parents don't take responsibility with their kids. The boys at Columbine had 2 assault weapons in their house for a week or so. Where were the parents? I'll be damned if my kids will bring home weapons. Their guns will be locked up along with mine :rambo:

Guns don't kill people...stupid people do!!!

c/LtCdr said:
Oh please don't lock, we're having soooo much fun! :D He's cannon fodder!

Anyway. What is "with us" is our second amendment...and *gasp* we're the most stable country in the world. We've had no changes of government since our Constitution was written, our one major revolution was stopped in its tracks, and that's the way we like it. So, if you'll excuse the "nuts" in here, we'll keep our guns.

Take a look at Isreal. If I'm not mistaken, almost every in the country carries a weapon in the open, where the whole world can see it. And, if I'm not mistaken, the crime rate in that country is lower than anywhere in the world. But I may be mistaken. Maybe we SHOULD be gun nuts.

I love my firearms, and I support the NRA and the Second Amendment, just remember if the Second Amendment is ever removed from the U.S. Bill of Rights, it will soon be followed by the remaining Nine Amendments.

SFC

Thanks for the input. But who in your opion is at fault?

Isreal is a war towrn country with people walking to school in fear.

And I must admit as cases in Northern Ireland go, If people want to kill they dont need gos to do so.

You as a person, who would you hold at fault for the gunnig besides the killers?

I dont know if any of the brits seen this, hopefully so you can help me out.

Bu it was a doc on american gangs and guns hosted by that brithish guy off Eastenders (phil?????) on sky one?

I'm still not understanding you there. Who would I hold responsible for the crimes of an individual besides themself? No one.

Our society is looking to blame everything but the person in killings. It is not the fault of the person who shot the gun, its the gun manufactures fault.

As Spock would say, "that's illogical"

If you threw a rock and broke a window; would you be held responsible?

If someone told you to throw the rock; would you still be responsible?

The answer is yes, providing you knew right from wrong. If someone told you to throw the rock then you become part of a conspiracy

SFC

I dont think Israel has a very low crime rate...Its probably comparable to other western countrys...We also have very strict gun regulations....

Back