This nut is trying to scare our kids

well i disagree with the way she is going about telling it.. but she makes some good points. if people are looking to join the army just to make a difference, there are a lot of other, safer ways to do so. however, not everyone joins for that same reason and she is wrong for posting such a biased statement

What she says is possibly quite correct. But what she does not tell you is, "that if it were not for people who are willing to take these risks, she would not have the freedoms that allow her to post such short sighted and disrespectful garbage".

Let's just get over it.

There's some weird short sighted nut case on every street corner who thinks they have an important message for human kind. If only they put half the thought into what they are talking about that they do into disseminating their loony tunes messages, the world would be a better place.

Other than that I would look carefully at Hypocrite hater, as this message has the distinct smell of a bait.

Last edited:
What she's saying is very true. A lot of bad things can happen. And I hope kids look at that and consider what they are about to do. It's not like it used to be, join the Nat'l Guard or Reseves so you can get college. Kids don't think of that.

When I went in, I said f**k college! I'm here to serve my country. To fight and possibly die so another man may be free. Of course my view is different now.

Go re-read it guys. Tell me what you think.

I was going to reply, but quite frankly I couldnt be bothered.

People like this shout and scream "human rights" but soon forget how those rights were won.

What she's saying is very true. A lot of bad things can happen. And I hope kids look at that and consider what they are about to do. It's not like it used to be, join the Nat'l Guard or Reseves so you can get college. Kids don't think of that.

When I went in, I said f**k college! I'm here to serve my country. To fight and possibly die so another man may be free. Of course my view is different now.

Go re-read it guys. Tell me what you think.

Interesting reading. The author of the thread is the sight administrator with a Join date of January 31, 2009.

She brings up common basic negative points on serving in the military.

One thought I have is. If the "kids" are stupid enough not to know the possible consequences of joining, will they make it through initial training?

If their only reason for joining is, "join the Nat'l Guard or Reseves so you can get college.", are they smart enough for college?

I have no problem with the person's right to air their beliefs no matter how simplistic they may be. If they dissuade some kid from thinking he or she will get a free ride, that is probably good. I don't think the guard or Reserves would want them anyhow.

I was going to reply, but quite frankly I couldnt be bothered.

People like this shout and scream "human rights" but soon forget how those rights were won.

But the soldiers wouldnt have been nothing without the help of doctors, scientists and other peaceful jobs.

She is both right and wrong. Yes, you could most definitely make a difference with another, more safer job apart from the army. But with no army, how will the people with safe jobs protect themselves incase of invasion? They were not made to fight.

Similar with the army. They can fight, kill, mutilate, commit genocide with a say so from a general or leader, but most of them dont know how to heal critical wounds, or repair their jeep, or handle traumitized people.
Im also not disagreeing with you, BritinAfrica.

We need one another in order to exist is all im trying to say.

A typical brainless attention seeker who never stops to think before she runs off at the mouth.

I'm still 100% convinced that the post is a "bait" that just never got a bite. It's far too simplistic to debate sensibly.

Last edited:
Heh heh heh! Don't know if you guys saw my comment to her, but it looks like she banned me..... ROFL!

Banned, my tired rear end! The whole thing is gone - you must have scared her right out of her own forum! I followed the link and while the header info is still up, the only info posted is a message that says:

"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

WTF:?:

Last edited:
Gee, I don't know why....! All I did was tell her the truth from my position, as I once served and she clearly has not.....

Actually, she had some really good points. I think she felt disheartened because a former serviceman agreed with her, but pointed out that while everything she said was true, there are still good excuses for them.

Back