Nurse murdered 1967

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
I had only been in the RAF for under a year when I was tasked to collect medical supplies from RAF Hospital Halton.

On arrival I booked in at the guard room and was given a bed in the transit billet, after breakfast next morning I collected the supplies and drove back to my station.

A couple of weeks later I was posted to RAF Tengah in Singapore on a 30 month tour, one morning the section OC told me that the Special Investigation Branch want to talk to me. Off I trotted to the guard room and was shown into an office where I was questioned, I was asked if I knew a nurse from RAF Halton named Rita Ellis who had been murdered, I said I didn't and after more questions I was allowed to go. That was the last I heard about it.

Through the years I wondered of the killer had been found, I enquired at the RAF Halton facebook page who told me that the case was still unsolved, sadly her parents passed away not knowing who her daughters killer was. The case went cold.

The case has now been reopened as a DNA break through gives a complete breakdown of the killers DNA.

I hope and pray that the murdering bastard is finally caught

Rest in Peace Rita

Last edited:
I had only been in the RAF for under a year when I was tasked to collect medical supplies from RAF Hospital Halton.

On arrival I booked in at the guard room and was given a bed in the transit billet, after breakfast next morning I collected the supplies and drove back to my station.

A couple of weeks later I was posted to RAF Tengah in Singapore on a 30 month tour, one morning the section OC told me that the Special Investigation Branch want to talk to me. Off I trotted to the guard room and was shown into an office where I was questioned, I was asked if I knew a nurse from RAF Halton named Rita Ellis who had been murdered, I said I didn't and after more questions I was allowed to go. That was the last I heard about it.

Through the years I wondered of the killer had been found, I enquired at the RAF Halton facebook page who told me that the case was still unsolved, sadly her parents passed away not knowing who her daughters killer was. The case went cold.

The case has now been reopened as a DNA break through gives a complete breakdown of the killers DNA.

I hope and pray that the murdering bastard is finally caught

Rest in Peace Rita

Yes, the police are now taking the help of the genealogy databases around the world to catch criminals. The police here solved a murder case with the help of those engaged in genealogy. The American police (California) were able to solve a cold case with the help from similar databases. The Americans were first to use genealogy databases to solve cold cases and provided the Swedish police with the idea to use the same source.

California had a rapist/killer (Joseph DeAngelo, the Golden State Killer) invading homes raped about 40 and killed 13 women, the case went cold, but he had left DNA behind...

The Swedish case was a man following his urges to kill and he killed a young boy and a woman just because he wanted to figure out how it feels to kill somebody. The case went cold, but he is locked up now.

Hopefully they can catch the person responsible for the murder of Rita Ellis

Back