Are nukes a good thing or a bad thing?

I was wondering what peoples opinion on having nuclear weapons are on the one hand they potentially can destroy everything on earth(nice huh) but on the other it is a deterent of wars ( no country in their right mind would attack a nuclear power).thanks

Oops, that sounded a little bit selfish! :lol:

My opinion is that sooner or later having an atomic weapon will be common in all countries. And this means that sooner or later they will be in the wrong hands and a tragedy will occur. It is a matter of time. What will happen next? Everybody will star throwing their nukes and then the nuclear winter will come. :evil:

the only good things to come out of nuclear weapons were;

an early end to WWII. keeping the cold war from going "hot".

other than that i hate them. they are not a useful weapon, they're a threat to wave around pure and simple.

i would be happiest if they were gone, or at least limited down to just a few gravity bombs pure country

Bad thing.

It is difficult to imagine with the personalities that have been in power from Alexander the great to Stalin cooler heads will prevail in the next 10 years, 100 years, 1,000 years, 10,000 years, on into infinity.

Someday somewhere someone is going to use them.

Rabs said:
American scientist

http://www.me.utexas.edu/~uer/manhattan/

If u want to learn more.

yes, that´s true, but you did it with german help.

With the help of Leo Szilard, Einstein convinced President Roosevelt that Germany may be using uranium and fission research to create a new type of super bomb. His arguments are best seen in the introduction of this section. Einstein helped the United States to begin the same type of research of uranium and fission that was occurring in Germany. It was not until the day after the Pearl Harbor attack, December 6, 1941, that substantial funds were allocated to the research. These funds allowed Enrico Fermi to achieve the first controllable chain reaction [Kraus, 1996]. Einstein was never officially part of the Manhattan Project, but he was one of the scientists responsible for getting it started (and later for protesting the use of the bombs).

Certainly bad!! I think there are about 15000 nukes targeted at Russia, Europe and America right now. What if one is accidentaly launched? Will they respond? It´s so fu.... stupid and insane

I think nukes have prevented world war 3 and will prevent future world wars. I think my signature shows my stance on nuclear arms.

MightyMacbeth said:
Lets get to the point. Things that kill aint very good..

A car can kill. So can a sushi chef. And maybe a well thrown frozen sausage.

Ooops, off topic. I don't think we want or need nukes.....unless of course your neighbour's house is blocking your view.

Rabs said:
I think nukes have prevented world war 3 and will prevent future world wars. I think my signature shows my stance on nuclear arms.

Have you heard of any weapon invented by human beings that haven´t been used? :shock:
One day we will have an awful surprise, and I am sure that your kids will not like it. What if one day North Korea throws all their toys at once to you? What if Iran gets nuclear weapons and desintregrete Israel? What if terrorists introduce a nuke in one of your cities?

Nuclear weapons are the worst thing invented by men. Why do we want a weapon that can destroy the all earth?

I thing everything will be better if wars were fighten like in the ancient times, with swords and arrows

Back