Was the Nuke really necessary?

At least they could prepare the plane crew for that what they were about to do,poor guys gone mad after that

Oh yeah,well dont tell me that you wouldn look back on that!!anyway they went mad when they saw the pictures of hiroshima and nagasaky

nulli secundus said:
What they should of done is told them to drop it and dont look back.
:lol: Yeah!
Well that was all, you know, top secret stuff and so........
What were they suposed to do? Tell them "Hey, y'a gonna kill 40.000 Japs down there with one bomb" ;)

Well, In my opinion a good soldier should at least be able to work while knowing the circumstances. If a soldier is so ready to die for his country as almost every soldier says, then they shouldn't have any problem doing that. Eh?
Isn't that what the military is for? Defending your country to whatever it takes?

Well, why can't they stand for the bad things they do?

Why not just tell the army-men that they are to drop a nuclear bomb?

Like the ones who is about to be attacked has the time to get read. A good soldier don't back out on a mission in any situation. If they do, I belive in my opinion, that they then don't belong in the military.

SilverPhoenix said:
Well, why can't they stand for the bad things they do?

Why not just tell the army-men that they are to drop a nuclear bomb?

Like the ones who is about to be attacked has the time to get read. A good soldier don't back out on a mission in any situation. If they do, I belive in my opinion, that they then don't belong in the military.

Because, we must take in precaution that they can't keep it a secret, and it is supposed to be Top Secret.
Probably wouldn't back out from a mission but could tell some highly sensitive data. :m1:

Guys:

1. the amount of secrecy sorrounding the manhatten project was unbelievable. There were only a total of 25 people world wide that positively, absolutely knew that they were making a atom bomb. The rest just knew what their end of the co-ordination told them to develope: this group worked on determining fisson mass, and this group worked on implosion masses, and this group practiced dropping very large, bulky item from 20,000 feet...yet each of these groups didnt know it was for a atom bomb. the people that ran the manhatten project wanted it that way.

2. Tibbets, the group leader of the aircraft that dropped the first weapons, knew all about what the end goal of his groups training was for. he was one of that group of 25. His crew never learned that they were hauling an actual atomic weapon untill they were in the air, headed towards japan. Now they knew that the weapons they were going to drop on japan were special. They had practicing bombing with these large practice bombs for better than a year. Even when the crew was told about the atomic bomb, most didnt know, nor did they care what an atomic weapon did. But they knew their training was to deliver it. And they did. No freakouts. No panic. no nothing.

by everything logical, it should have been the second planes crew that would have revolted, if the thought of using it was that bad. but none did. they too delivered their weapons as they were taught to do.

I dont know what to tell you guys. I wished we lived in a kinder, gentler world where really large, bad, man made things that kill large amounts of people didnt have to exist, or happen. But we dont. :?

1. the amount of secrecy sorrounding the manhatten project was unbelievable.

And yet, the Soviets pentrated the Manhattan Project in the US and the UK using primarily Human Intelligence sources (some techincal intel, but mostly HUMINT).

dont know what to tell you guys. I wished we lived in a kinder, gentler world where really large, bad, man made things that kill large amounts of people didnt have to exist, or happen. But we dont. :?

As do I, but wishing will not get it done. :idea:

Gunner13 said:
1. the amount of secrecy sorrounding the manhatten project was unbelievable.

And yet, the Soviets pentrated the Manhattan Project in the US and the UK using primarily Human Intelligence sources (some techincal intel, but mostly HUMINT).

dont know what to tell you guys. I wished we lived in a kinder, gentler world where really large, bad, man made things that kill large amounts of people didnt have to exist, or happen. But we dont. :?

As do I, but wishing will not get it done. :idea:

Those who would go around offering cheap-heavens-on-earth have always created hell, death, terror, or famine. I instinctively distrust people proposing scenarios such as kinder gentler world. My fault?

I dont really know much about the Atomic bomb (Im into conventional warfare) but evne though it cost many lives, I think that the mission that the Enola Gay flew was completly necessiary. Ask me why? Well I think the japanese were gonna Attack the U.S. and the germans would take advantage. But I dont agree with the Cold War(My mind warps)

Back