8-Pike
7-harquebuses
6-Boomerang
5-Thompson SMG (Tommy Gun)
4-Barret 50. Cal
3-Longbow
2-AK-47
1-Human Body

Why the Thompson? The Discovery Channel must just pull this stuff out of a hat.

what about the m1 grand?

and human body? hmm, well thats kind of a weapon.

What about the crossbow or the seige weapons?

Crossbows were actually a very poor weapon slow rate of fire, weak power, and short distance, and the show was about hand held weapons not seige weapons, and by human body they mean Martial arts. The Thompson was there because it was the first small portable one man machine gun. The M1 Grand probably didn't make it because of its jamming problems and you couldn't reload a clip till it was empty.

Last edited:
CanadianCombat said:
Crossbows were actually a very poor weapon slow rate of fire, weak power, and short distance, and the show was about hand held weapons not seige weapons, and by human body they mean Martial arts. The Thompson was there because it was the first small portable one man machine gun. The M1 Grand probably didn't make it because of its jamming problems and you couldn't reload a clip till it was empty.

Jamming? You want to talk about jamming. Try the AK-47, the M1 Garand is the rifle that helped save the world, first semi-auto.

The Thompson isn't a one man machinegun, it's a sub-machinegun and there where more sub-machinegun's before the Thompson.

The Dicovery Channel sucks at picking weapons.

AussieNick said:
Garand. M1 Garand.

The Boomerang is a good choice. Often forgotten, but it is an ancient returnable/reusable weapon that was accurate and had a long range to it.

No it isn't. I don't think it was used much in battle. I haven't read anything about battles being decided by boomerangs.

I think #2 should be a 20mm sniper rifle

And wtf are you talking about MilidarUSMC.

I've shot one before and I can hit a coke can 20m away with iron sights. Its frikkin easy.

Don't bash a gun because u suck at shooting with it.

Last edited:
CanadianCombat said:
The M1 Grand probably didn't make it because of its jamming problems and you couldn't reload a clip till it was empty.

Actually, you can reload an M1 Garand (i learned this last year when we did the 21 gun salute). You just risk losing a finger when you try.
There is a little "button" on the side that you push down then you open the bolt, the bandolier will go pa-ting and fly out. I don't think I would be trying to use it in combat but it is possible to reload it before it was empty;)

CanadianCombat said:

Power was the main thing the crossbow had, they could clean knight's full plate. The church tried to ban them because they gaved a peasant the ability kill a knight easily.

The Garand is "the rifle that won the war". It was the first SLR, very accurate and very powerul.

I think the list is a good one, but should have been longer. The Lee Enfield, the Garand, the G3 and so on - so the "top ten" list should be "top twenty" to cover them all.

Nice to see the Boomerang in there never the less.

Back