Now that Bush is re-elected with more power..

Doppleganger

than before, do you see any major escalation in the war on terror? After being re-elected for a second term, Bush will have more power in Congress, especially as he now has a chance to get some friendly Congressmen elected. That means he may be able to push some decisions through that he couldn't before. For example, do you see the chance of Iran being invaded as being more likely now if that country continues to develop WMD? Will Bush push for even more resources to get Bin Laden?

Oh definite escalation. Iran must be confronted, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Syria, etc. will need to be pressured. Act II has begun in the great war on terror, and I fear it will be far worse than the last.

No escalation.

Bush will use this 4 more years to repair what he has damaged,

Bush is not stupid at all, he will try his best to leave a good name as a great and respected President in US history, so he will not mis-use his power at all in the coming 4 years.

What do i see in the Next 4 years?

-Masssive Chaos
-More people hating Bush
- Invasions of Iran,NK,Cuba, and even more
-More Dumb laws
-More Tax Cuts for Bushy Friends
-Less Health Care Benifits
-Economy Becomes Trashier.

I also see a Democrat in 2008.

Dameon said:
What do i see in the Next 4 years?

-Masssive Chaos
-More people hating Bush
- Invasions of Iran,NK,Cuba, and even more
-More Dumb laws
-Less Health Care Benifits
-Economy Becomes Trashier.

I also see a Democrat in 2008.

what window are you look out at??
and what made you come in to those predictions?

And if more People hated bush.. They sure didn't get their butt off their lazy couch to vote.

The people that cared where this country is going Voted.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Oh definite escalation. Iran must be confronted, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Syria, etc. will need to be pressured. Act II has begun in the great war on terror, and I fear it will be far worse than the last.

I agree that the war itself is going to escelate indefinately. I can definately see relationships with our allies strengthening, economic growth, prosperous reformation of healthcare, and most of all, victory. Alot of great things are going to come out of this next term, I guarantee it. :)

I agree FlyingFrog. There is no way Bush is going to go on a power trip. There is a lot of damage that needs to be fixed as well as a divided America that needs healing.

battery said:
I agree that the war itself is going to escelate indefinately. I can definately see relationships with our allies strengthening, economic growth, prosperous reformation of healthcare, and most of all, victory. Alot of great things are going to come out of this next term, I guarantee it. :)

I happen to think just the opposite, as things get hairy in these battles, I think more will drop. They will not believe in the US anymore, only the true allies will stay.... I think things will get dark.

Truely I prefer Bush over Kerry, but I don't think anyone can control the tides of war as people expect.

I think people who voted Kerry will accept Bush very quickly. It's democracy at work.
You accept the chosen leader even if you didn't vote for him.

I like Bush. Kerry is okay too.

My dad said that you need to have a president that fights terrorism.. otherwise the terrorists will hunt your back if you retreat or make peace with terrorists. That's just an opinion. ;)

First order of business is to add another division of Special Operations just to fight the war on terrorism. This, I believe would speed up the war on terror and also raise the Republican party in their status

You can't just pull an SF unit out of ur... you know what I mean.

But yeah I agree with Flying Frog. He will look to use the next 4 years to repair the damage.
I don't think Bush went in deliberately knowing there were no WMDs.

Whatever, good luck to everyone.

Dameon said:
-Masssive Chaos
-More people hating Bush
-More Dumb laws

Adjust the attitude high speed. We are all aware that you are not happy with the results of the election, but if you cannot control yourself and make mature posts I will give you a temporary ban to allow you some time to cool off.

They just need to get smarter really.
All it takes is good leaders.
David Hackworth inherited a unit of losers in Vietnam and turned them into an effective killing machine.

More conservatives in the legislative branch, hm..., I don't mind. Unless, I start seeing stuff I don't like.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
battery said:

I happen to think just the opposite, as things get hairy in these battles, I think more will drop. They will not believe in the US anymore, only the true allies will stay.... I think things will get dark.

Truely I prefer Bush over Kerry, but I don't think anyone can control the tides of war as people expect.

Either with us through thick and thin, or you're not with us at all. I don't want allies who aren't "true allies". :roll:

I think major repair work is gonna get done in the next four years.

If not here's a prediction of what MIGHT happen:

Globalist Perspective > Global Politics
Why Europe Needs — And Wants — Bush to Win

By Richard Phillips | Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The conventional wisdom has it that President Bush’s first term in office has been truly bad for Europe. Whether it is the rift over Iraq or almost any other major policy issue, we are told that they have been to the detriment of Europe. But as Richard Phillips argues, the Bush Administration has not only helped bring Germany and France closer together — it has also unwittingly elevated Europe’s prestige throughout the world. <snip>

Read the whole article...

http://www.theglobalist.com/DBWeb/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=4208

Back