Notice to all deployed military members from Hampton roads Va

wolfen

max fm.fm, the station who swore that they would be rockin when you came back lied their little butts off, this afternoon at about 1600 est their entire format changed, they are now kung pao radio.
FM99 still rocks, tune all listen devices to 98.7MhZ upon returning to the Hampton Roads area, to hear rock.
Until you return, God bless and SALUTE:salute2:

What the hell... Insurgent club? The Red Menace? Strange station.

Do they actually play songs that are in Chinese? Or Chinese artists singing in English? I can't imagine a lot of people listening to the former... though I have my fair share of Scandinavian and Italian rock I can't understand.

Last edited:
What the hell... Insurgent club? The Red Menace? Strange station.

Do they actually play songs that are in Chinese? Or Chinese artists singing in English? I can't imagine a lot of people listening to the former... though I have my fair share of Scandinavian and Italian rock I can't understand.

I haven't heard a single voice in that crap they call music yet, I'' I know is the insurgent club sounds a lot like what I went through in the cold war.

Stuff with "Kung Pao" on it is usually not Chinese.

What is Kung Pao anyway?
They said it was Traditional Chinese rock, but it sounded like the same song over and over again

Now ther say they p[lay rock anain as hot 100.5, but brit, jess, and that ashton dude is hip hop, not rock.

Nah normally people use it in the same spirit as "ching chong."
Kung Pao is the old romanization of the word Gong Bao which means palace guardian.
What does palace guardian have to do with a radio channel? Absolutely nothing. They're just making fun of Kung Pao chicken.
So although it's based on a real Chinese word, it's usage is now rarely in the spirit of anything Chinese unless derogitory.

Last edited:
Really?
So along with being derogitory to Chinese people they had no idea what they weer saying? .......typical corporate thinking.

kung_pow_enter_the_fist.jpg

One of the best movies.

That was actually a pretty funny flick.

But yeah, Asian folks need to make more noise if they want this sort of stuff to stop.
Kind of like Gwen Stefani's Harajuku girls. Basically she's got four Japanese women being extremely stereotypically Japanese doing stupid Japanese stuff on her videos etc. kinda almost worshipping her sometimes (I guess that's what back dancers are supposed to do anyway).
Imagine what would happen if I got four black dudes dressed as bushmen doing stereotypical "bushman stuff" and called them my Kalahari Crew? Bet I'd get a bullet of every caliber in my back before sundown.
The Asian way of doing things... it's complicated. In a way, if you're not officially in command, it makes you the most exploitable entity on earth. So you get the Western line of thought where the individual has the authority over the self and the Eastern line of thought where you submit to authority and the result is fairly predictable.

Last edited:
hey 13, my old friend I have an idea, instead of eth movie Kung Poa, show everybody the Afterdark Horrorfest's release of Voices :) done by a Korean director, I have it with English subtitles,
Heres the info:

Release Group: KART3LDVD
Release Name: Du.Saram.Yida.2007.KOREAN.DVDRip.XviD-KART3LDVD a.k.a Voices
Filename: kart3l-dsy
Release Date: USA-9 January 2009 (After Dark Horrorfest) | South Korea-22 August 2007
Size: 697 MB
Genre: Horror | Thriller
Video: 624x256, XviD ~970 kbps
Audio: MP3 ~160 kbps
Subtitles: English
Runtime: 83 min
IMDB Rating: 5.2/10 (53 vote)
Directed By: Ki-hwan Oh
Starring: Jin-seo Yun, Gi-woong Park, Ki-woo Lee

Its one of the best movies I've seen in years.

Not a big fan of horror flicks. Just feels like I spend two hours in the dark with people sneaking up and going WHOAH! RAORRRRR!!!

Not a big fan of horror flicks. Just feels like I spend two hours in the dark with people sneaking up and going WHOAH! RAORRRRR!!!

LOL, not me brother, the more terrifying it is the better, I started collecting eth Asian Director a few years back when they firsst started in eth big time over here, and its a really fresh concept as to some of teh stuff they do in horror. Of course the Godzilla movies still rule :)
Gotta love a really big lizzard that can kill mothra.

not saying that it doesn't surprise or scare me. I just fail to see the entertainment value of getting snuck upon with loud noises and flashing lights.
Also there's something else but it's hard to explain.

My only problem with voices is that its in Korean, and the subtitles won't burn onto the dvd desk like the movie does, so I have to watch it on the computer only :(

Back