Not Yours To Give by Col. Davy Crockett.

Missileer

Most of you know Col. Davy Crockett was a Texas hero who died in the siege of the Alamo. He was also a Congressman and I have posted a link to a speech he gave on the floor of Congress about a bill that would have appropriated money for a widow of a Naval officer and why he voted against it.

I wish people like him were still in Congress.

http://patriotpost.us/histdocs/crockett_not_yours_to_give.asp

Not Yours to Give

Col. Davy Crockett
From The Life of Colonel David Crockett
Member of the U.S. Congress 1827-31 & 1832-35
Compiled from The Life of Colonel David Crockett
by Edward S. Ellis (Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1884)

Colonel... I wished colonels these days were like they were back then.
Then again I guess they had tons of crappy ones too, just the good ones are remembered.

The man to be praised here, is not Davey Crockett, but Horatio Bunce, who convinced Davey Crockett that the vote he made was wrong.

The man to be praised here, is not Davey Crockett, but Horatio Bunce, who convinced Davey Crockett that the vote he made was wrong.

You and I got the same message tomtom. Actually, Crockett was so incredulous that someone would question his legislative abilities that he had to be convinced by a man who obviously was his superior on constitutional matters, a common American citizen.

Most of you know Col. Davy Crockett was a Texas hero who died in the siege of the Alamo. He was also a Congressman and I have posted a link to a speech he gave on the floor of Congress about a bill that would have appropriated money for a widow of a Naval officer and why he voted against it.

I wish people like him were still in Congress.

http://patriotpost.us/histdocs/crockett_not_yours_to_give.asp

Not Yours to Give

Col. Davy Crockett
From The Life of Colonel David Crockett
Member of the U.S. Congress 1827-31 & 1832-35
Compiled from The Life of Colonel David Crockett
by Edward S. Ellis (Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1884)

And we could send him to Iraq.

Back