not really hazing more like pestering...

implicature

I am a new marine on Meridian NAS in MS. there is a JROTC here that does pt and some different things on base. a lot of the Sailors that are fresh in the Navy like to pick on the JROTC kids when there is no one around. Don't get me wrong there are some Marines (sad but true!) that do it to. well one of the Seaman was harassing a Cadet (is that the proper term for the JROTC? i honestly don't know) and the Cadet said something back to him. I watched all this take place and the Seaman started yelling at the JROTC kid and all hell was about to break loose. so i ran and got between the two of them so neither of them could get their butt kicked. my question is do the JROTC or ROTC get a lot of Flak from the privates and and E-1 while on base or is it just around here in MS where there is nothing else to do?

And i here the JROTC here say OOH-Rah a lot. i know that there are retired USMC working with them and i am new to the CORPS but if they are navy why are they using USMC cadences and sayings. I am not saying they shouldn't but after taking up for the Cadet(?) every time i walk past they give me an OOH-RAH which i think is cool by the way.

And these JROTC'ers are going to be officers or is that only in ROTC?

thanks for the help ya'll!

JROTC's goal is to build better citizens.

ROTC's goal is to produce officers for the United States military.

While JROTC is a program with no military commitment and for most people something they just do in highschool, ROTC is actually an officer training program.

And if someone has to pick on some JROTC boys to feel big, well that's just sad.

I agree with pershing. ROTC boys think that since they are now in the "true" military and not in the little kid JROTC they can do what they want. They want to prove and or show that they are strong and more powerful men then the kids, which if you think about it is really sad. ROTC boys also known as ROTC-NAzis just need to find there own little manly place in life. They know that they can't take on one of their own because their ass might get kicked, so they go to a little kid and think there hot shit cause they can beat them up.....real manly thing to do (not). And in JROTC as well as ROTC it is called hazing/harassment due to a little thing called the protection policy that JROTC and EVERYONE in the military must follow. which draws a fine line between "fooling around" and breaking that policy.

Ya that happens alot within my cadet corps. Someone will get a promotion and think that they're hot sh!t and everyone thinks that they're
an ass. They go on huge power trips and try and act like they are actually in the military. Its sad that people need to do that to feel better about what theyre doing.

I have yet to see an ROTC cadet deliberately attempt to start a fight with a JROTC cadet.

Yes, to a degree ROTC views JROTC with a level of derision primarily because of issues such as sloppy uniform wear and physical fitness standards.

Secondly, as far we're concerned, a ROTC-Nazi is someone who did JROTC in highschool and the term generally falls out of use to describe college level cadets. Also because of the PT standards, most ROTC cadets are in better physical shape them the general college population especially at programs with mandatory PT requirements.

Lastly, the original post was about an active duty marine harrassing a JROTC cadet, not an ROTC cadet harassing a JROTC cadet.

PershingOfLSU said:
Lastly, the original post was about an active duty marine harrassing a JROTC cadet, not an ROTC cadet harassing a JROTC cadet.

This is more along the lines of what i am asking about. What i was asking about is whether or not JROTC and ROTC get crap from E-1 and E-2 in the Military

CAP_FOXTROTgrl6 said:
I agree with pershing. ROTC boys think that since they are now in the "true" military and not in the little kid JROTC they can do what they want. They want to prove and or show that they are strong and more powerful men then the kids, which if you think about it is really sad. ROTC boys also known as ROTC-NAzis...

Ah, yes, the Razi Nazis... good times. :D

Harrassing someone in ROTC would be just outright stupid. Not only might they be an officer in a matter of months, but if you piss them off enough they can go talk to their PAS or branch relative commander. And if their Colonel believes them, which he probably will, the E-1's CO is going to recieve an angry phone call from a Colonel who is not at all pleased with the E-1 in question.

Back