Not my Flag!!!!!

Duty Honor Country

I've posted pictures about the protest in New York...

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3650

...but this one makes me very mad and everyone needs to see this.

top.v.sign.jpg

You got a big US Flag on the street with a peace symbol, people walking all over it, and a nut case anti Bush/war protester standing in the middle of it.

Anyone who has even the slightest amount of pride in this country should be pissed off. And you know what, I bet those people aren't republicans.

My message to the far left...KISS MY :cen:

I used to get really pissed when I saw protestors against our government, but now I just smile and Thank God that i live in a country in which people can protest. I have dedicated my life and service to my country to protect the freedoms of these people, even if I disagree with evrything they say. Sure, I still get upset when they don't get the "full story" before they protest but I know in my heart the USA is still the best in the world!!

----AIM HIGH AF----

Thats a fine view to have JOE2 but I must say it still pisses me off. Had I been present for this many of those people would have not walked away (unless they kicked my butt first).

This is inevitable. It is these people who push patriots like ourselves to harboring anti-American feelings, ad I readilly feel now against the liberal culture.

Freedom of Speech is one sided in the society we live In.

While this upsets me, I still respect their right to freedom of speech. If I were to disagree, I would like to be able to show my feelings also. Considering I am not that type of person, and I do support my country, I don't do that, but it is somewhat comforting to know that I can support my ideas on things.

GuyontheRight said:
It is events like this that have caused me to question the right of free speech...

but wouldn't you want the right to protest if say, John Kerry made some idiotic decision? Wouldn't you burn brochuers, and if there were any, flags supporting that decision? They may not be symbols of our country to you, but to others, that might be the best thing they have ever heard of.

but wouldn't you want the right to protest if say, John Kerry made some idiotic decision? Wouldn't you burn brochuers, and if there were any, flags supporting that decision? They may not be symbols of our country to you, but to others, that might be the best thing they have ever heard of.

And what, get showed up by the liberal counter protesters? These idiots have no class, no respect for anything the Republican Party stands for. The, Id get universially denounced for my actions, while these radicals In the streets contunue their bullshit. Ive been to conservative protests, nobody cares. Ive been censored my whole life, that is not free speech. Im sorry, but these are my experiences, and nobody's changing my opinions formed from them.

GuyontheRight said:
It is events like this that have caused me to question the right of free speech...

It's more a matter of respect. I mean there are a lot of people, democrat and republican alike, who have quite a bit of pride in the American flag. I do not have a problem with them. The problem I have is that every time you see an American flag being desecrated, it's almost always coming from the far left. You would never see the right do such a thing. And right there in the middle of it, you got Jessie Jackson, Michael Moore and a rash of hollywood stars cheering the masses on.

Doody said:
GuyontheRight said:

It's more a matter of respect. I mean there are a lot of people, democrat and republican alike, who have quite a bit of pride in the American flag. I do not have a problem with them. The problem I have is that every time you see an American flag being desecrated, it's almost always coming from the far left. You would never see the right do such a thing. And right there in the middle of it, you got Jessie Jackson, Michael Moore and a rash of hollywood stars cheering the masses on.

I agree protesting against Bush and the war, that's fine. However disresptecting the American flag is unexcusable. When i was in kindergarten i learned to never let the flag touch the ground; so when i see this idiot stand on the flag with a peace symbol on it, i am pissed. :evil:

It is the Soldier,
not the reporter who has given us freedom of press

It is the Soldier,
not the poet who has given us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier,
not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien

So sad. I bet most of them don't even fully understand what they are protesting. And for that reason, they deserve less respect than whatever dirt they are tracking onto that beautiful flag.

Nefertiti said:
It is the Soldier,
not the reporter who has given us freedom of press

It is the Soldier,
not the poet who has given us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier,
not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien

So sad. I bet most of them don't even fully understand what they are protesting. And for that reason, they deserve less respect than whatever dirt they are tracking onto that beautiful flag.

I agree. I just wanna say that I love that poem, its true motivates the heart.

REMOVED

:biggun: :m16shoot: :m16shoot: :9mm: :2guns: :sniper: :sniper:

I really hate hippies and those who dishonor the country

Mod edit: Jason, if you cannot behave with maturity, you will need to find somewhere else to be. This forum is not a place to vent your personal frustrations in an irresponsible manner.

Well, I was surfing the Bush Protest pictures and it seems a protester in Portland Oregon burned an AMerican flag to "protest President Bush (news - web sites)'s second inauguration during a march in downtown Portland, Ore., Thursday, Jan. 20, 2005."

lthumb.rsb10501210321.inaugural_protest_rsb105.jpg

putting it nicely, that really :cen: me off.

time and time again, the exteme left disgraces the American flag. If it was not 0400 where I am, I would be in a minor fit of rage

Back