--
Boots

August 30th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
It is events like this that have caused me to question the right of free speech...
It's more a matter of respect. I mean there are a lot of people, democrat and republican alike, who have quite a bit of pride in the American flag. I do not have a problem with them. The problem I have is that every time you see an American flag being desecrated, it's almost always coming from the far left. You would never see the right do such a thing. And right there in the middle of it, you got Jessie Jackson, Michael Moore and a rash of hollywood stars cheering the masses on.
I agree protesting against Bush and the war, that's fine. However disresptecting the American flag is unexcusable. When i was in kindergarten i learned to never let the flag touch the ground; so when i see this idiot stand on the flag with a peace symbol on it, i am pissed.
August 31st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Your right of course Doody, no member of even the most radical right has decicrated a flag In public to my knowledge.
August 31st, 2004  
Nefertiti

It is the Soldier,
not the reporter who has given us freedom of press

It is the Soldier,
not the poet who has given us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier,
not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien

So sad. I bet most of them don't even fully understand what they are protesting. And for that reason, they deserve less respect than whatever dirt they are tracking onto that beautiful flag.
--
Boots
August 31st, 2004  
sgtbreeden

I do believe Nefertiti said it all
September 1st, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbreeden
I do believe Nefertiti said it all
I agree.
September 1st, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti
It is the Soldier,
not the reporter who has given us freedom of press

It is the Soldier,
not the poet who has given us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier,
not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien

So sad. I bet most of them don't even fully understand what they are protesting. And for that reason, they deserve less respect than whatever dirt they are tracking onto that beautiful flag.
I agree. I just wanna say that I love that poem, its true motivates the heart.
September 1st, 2004  
SAINT

normal citizens don't really need to be patriots.

But every soldier must be a patriot.
September 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
normal citizens don't really need to be patriots.
Yes they do.
September 1st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

REMOVED

I really hate hippies and those who dishonor the country

Mod edit: Jason, if you cannot behave with maturity, you will need to find somewhere else to be. This forum is not a place to vent your personal frustrations in an irresponsible manner.
January 21st, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Well, I was surfing the Bush Protest pictures and it seems a protester in Portland Oregon burned an AMerican flag to "protest President Bush (news - web sites)'s second inauguration during a march in downtown Portland, Ore., Thursday, Jan. 20, 2005."

putting it nicely, that really me off.

time and time again, the exteme left disgraces the American flag. If it was not 0400 where I am, I would be in a minor fit of rage