THIS IS NOT A JOKE

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
he Veteran Services Office in St. Johns County, Fla., is trying to unravel a mystery involving tombstones of seven veterans that were discovered being used as a walkway.

Joseph McDermott, the chief veterans services officer, is trying to locate anyone who might know where the headstones came from. They were found outside an abandoned mobile home two years ago.

He would like to return them to the graves of the men.

Five of the granite stones are from World War II veterans, one is for a serviceman from the Korean War and one is undetermined.

McDermott said attempts to locate the families or anyone who knows about the headstones have been unsuccessful. He has contacted local funeral homes and veterans officals in Washington.

The following information appears on the headstones:

Allen J. Brown, Army private, World War II, 1922-1993
Steve Btewton (may be a typo), Army private, World War II, 3-19-1971 - 4-14-1984
Clarence Dixon, Army corporal, World War II, 9-11-1912 - 2-11-1984
Thomas Edison Hadley Jr., Army rank unknown, World War II, 10-7-1922 - 12-30-1980
Isaac Samford Howell, private first class, branch unknown, World War II, 1907-1994
J.C. Purifoy, Army corporal, Korea, 1930-1993
James Singletary, Army rank and war unknown, 1878-1981

Anyone with information on the headstones is asked to call McDermott at (904) 823-2463.

http://www.wftv.com/news/5302604/detail.html

Most likely the person who did it is long gone as they were being used in a trailer park. And where they came from... is it correct that the white granite veterans tombstones are ONLY in national cemetaries?

That's just :cen: disgusting. How could someone disrespect the dead like that, especially military dead. That really :cen: me off. :evil:

Seriously, that's completely disrespectful and disturbing. What would possess someone to use a deceased serviceman's tombstone as a stepping stone for their trailer home?!

I hope they find to whom the tombstones belong.

I hope the miserable sack of :cen: that did that meets a fitting end and is buried in an unmarked grave themselves, or better yet, have their bones picked clean by animals.

I can't think of anything more low, more disrespectful, more just plain old :cen: :cen: :cen: and :cen: :cen: :cen: !!!

What about rape, murder, etc? Are those all better than using someones grave as a stepping stone? Is that honestly what you think of as the lowest possible act?

I put disrespecting men who have served and died for my country right up there with rape and murder. All three are terrible crimes that should have severe punishments, in this life or the next. :cen: the :cen: who saw tombstones of better men than he proper for him to place his steps.
Hopeful

Back