Norwegian soldiers attacked in Qurchi , North Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to "The Stan".
Nothing quite as heartening as to hear the fifty,s answer.

don´t forget to send a patrol to the next village over and explain that the dumb f*ks tried to shoot at us so we lit em up.
Afterall, it is a COIN war.
Happy hunting brothers, get home safe

//KJ.

Good to know our troops are moving out of there now .. too many wasted lives for nothing.....:sniper:

Good to know our troops are moving out of there now .. too many wasted lives for nothing.....:sniper:

Yeah, ever been?
Quite cool that the schools have reopened and that females actually are allowed to attend, huh?
That the public beheadings in the stadium have stopped.
That people are allowed to dance and even complain when something isn´t right.
Funny thing that the locals smile and welcome patrols that actually keep them safe for a bit.

Imagine what we could have done if it had been "for something" huh?

Hate to be downrange of a .50 cal... Though these videos never do the .50's sound justice...

Just noticed the gunners personal weapon lying on the mount - when did Norway exchange their AG3 for the M16-series ? And is the Aimpoint + magnifier standard issue in the Norwegian Army?

Just noticed the gunners personal weapon lying on the mount - when did Norway exchange their AG3 for the M16-series ? And is the Aimpoint + magnifier standard issue in the Norwegian Army?

We started to phase out the AG-3 in favor of the HK416 in 08/09.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK416

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_HK416

Most of our MP-5's will also be replaced with MP-7's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7

Yeah, ever been?
Quite cool that the schools have reopened and that females actually are allowed to attend, huh?
That the public beheadings in the stadium have stopped.
That people are allowed to dance and even complain when something isn´t right.
Funny thing that the locals smile and welcome patrols that actually keep them safe for a bit.

Imagine what we could have done if it had been "for something" huh?

Are u on drugs? Journalists are still convicted by Karzai ,complaining is not allowed at all ...
The build girl schools are empty ..unused ..free TV is seen as blasphemy ..corruption is even worse as under Talibs etc etc
Maybe Swedes should sent sent some unembedded journalists there ,for I think your talking happy talkies here ...
All we do is fight there (no buildup nor humanitarian help ,just Army ) and were are seen only as uninvited oppressors ..
you seem to think that we are truely doing something good there besides promoting corruption . I know plenty afghans and Dutchies who served there ..none of them afghans are even slightly happy with us ..and none of the Dutchies positive about their stay there .
That same people you think you protect are at night the ones that attack you ... were simply rejected .
Big waste of time ,money and lives ..thats reality ...
Why you think we are out ? cause over 80% of our people are against it ..based upon real info from unembedded journalists who went in alone and unprotected only wearing a turban ..not fox news lol They done a good enough job to let fall two of our 'gouvernments' for proven lying to the public . Theres even CIA publications from 2010 about that and how to handle european public opinion after resigning of Dutch gouvernment ..
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/CIA_repor...an_war_support_in_Western_Europe,_11_Mar_2010

As soon as afghans are on their own its back to the stone age there . Youre free to think different .

Imagine what German troops in 40-45 could have achieved in occupied europe if it had been for 'something' huh?? (Same realism lol)

Last edited:
So you haven´t been huh?
But you still get your info from Afghans you know? lol
I doubt you know one person who has actually served in country because all you do is trying to pass off the media POV as your own.

In our sector females get to go to school.
In our sector there are not any beheadings going on.
And in our sector people do feel safe enough to pass along actionable intel to us.

Why you are out? I dunno, probably and according to your statements here because you suck at your job?
Fact is, if you haven´t won over the local populace yet you are not going to and you should go home.

The Nazi likeness aside you didn´t really answer my question.
Have you been?

Have a nice day..

So you think you Swedes are welcome? Dream on dude..
take a walk alone outside your base ..wanna bet thats impossible for swedes too?
You want me to believe that in the Swedish sector Afghans are more western minded than all ultra conservative muslims in the rest of the country who reject their daughters to go to school ?
Amsterdam alone has thousands of refugees from afghan from at least two different wars .. and because they all need to go school here i meet and talk to plenty of them , for they follow the same courses my thai spouse needs to do ..ill let them read your statements ..wanna bet they laugh their heads off at your naivity ...
Also great to hear you really dig our troops attemps to support this lost cause
Like the rest of NATO Swedes were not invited by any afghan ...they invited themselves .
dream on Sir ..time will prove how wrong you are .

Last edited:
..none of them afghans are even slightly happy with us ....
Hello Henk,

sorry, but you are totally wrong. The power boys in Afghanistan LOVE us.

Every month, our dear provincial "Lord of Kunduz" pay's us a visit with his bodyguard convoy that includes three civil (but armoured) G Model Mercedes's and some Jap and Yankee junk models. (Wonder who or how these G's were paid for (one is at around US$250,000).

Then he will have a pleasent chat with our Colonel - and eagerly awaiting his monthly Euro 35,000 paycheck - to cover his increasing costs of his militia patrolling / securing the area from those dreadfull Talibans. We can only hope that the Euro's hopefully will indeed end up in his own pocket.

Some off us already forwarded to add his "Fee" with a 0 or maybe two 0's - afterall we could go home then - since his men are "securing" the districts. And we get a good night rest when being regularily shelled upon our camp. Since the "Fee" was increased I could swear to God - that the shelling decreased. "Damn Talibans"

After never getting tired of forwarding arguments towards raising the "Fee" he drives of with happy spirits to pay a visit on the Italians with his cousin.

Oh and ISAF aka CIMIC did a lot of construction work since 2002 (Lot's of happy workers and construction suppliers) - it's just that Kabul somehow can't get the teachers to go there to teach all these liberated girls and women.

No, if ISAF leaves - many Afghans and the whole Kabul gang is really gonna miss us dearly - oh and the liberated girls in the brothels too. Also our own troops "especially the common ranks" will miss Afghanistan ah... the oversea service add on their salery too - it's just a meere average of euro 1900.- for a private.

Regards
Kruska

Last edited:
So you think you Swedes are welcome? Dream on dude..
take a walk alone outside your base ..wanna bet thats impossible for swedes too?
You want me to believe that in the Swedish sector Afghans are more western minded than all ultra conservative muslims in the rest of the country who reject their daughters to go to school ?
Amsterdam alone has thousands of refugees from afghan from at least two different wars .. and because they all need to go school here i meet and talk to plenty of them , for they follow the same courses my thai spouse needs to do ..ill let them read your statements ..wanna bet they laugh their heads off at your naivity ...
Also great to hear you really dig our troops attemps to support this lost cause
Like the rest of NATO Swedes were not invited by any afghan ...they invited themselves .
dream on Sir ..time will prove how wrong you are .

Fact is I walk outside my base on a regular basis.
We do that so females are allowed to go to school.. You know "the job".
Your refugee friends have one thing incommon with you, they haven´t been, in their case in a long time in yours ever.

I never said all Dutch troops suck at their jobs, but judging from what you put forward here the ground troops aren´t really working out.
Your fastmoverjocks are quite capable, that I do know and will never forget.

We have lost four soldiers dead in 8 years.
You take that as we are not welcome?
We could have lost more to traffic accidents at home during the same timeframe.
You know, to insure people their right to a basically decent life someone has to make sacrifices..
But what do I know..We might be going home tails tucked between our legs too at some point.

Well ..many still come here 'fresh' from the countryside ..so its not a outdated viewpoint at al.
You are in a quiet area obviously ..Stil I dont understand why you seem to think you are welcome ??
Are you Swedes paying so much bribes to keep the good ole boys happy that it stays so quiet? Do you only get IED's after touching the poppy fields ? Seems like your talking about a whole different country to me .
Why people hate us and see no difference to Americans ? Simple answer ..Our troops get shot at , they call in air strikes cause its too dangerous to enter these villages and 70 civilians get killed ..hearts and minds you know...
Offcourse theyre no fan of us ! Why you think i gave the Nazi example ?

Dutch cant leave their base alone ..thats literally what my friends tell me ..most came back pretty negative minded from being there .
It even went so far that the military top informed villagers where to find unembedded journalists in the hope the Talibs got rid of them ..thats fact . All to keep up the good image at home ..that were doing a buildup job ... dont make me laugh . The gouvernment that sent our troops has been totally butchered after last elections .Buildup with marines and special forces as carpenters...Even orgs like Medicins sans frontieres cant operate there ..says it all .

Last edited:
Hello KJ,

nothing wrong with a soldier or someone who might believe in his service in Afghanistan.
In order to validate the changes promised or dreamt off - $$$ - are needed besides troops - since - and I believe that we can agree on that, changes and $$ investments are not feasable if not protected by troops.

So it is essentially the monetary investment such as the so called ANA Trust Fund that decides almost entirely about changes in that country. You believe that just the simple presence of e.g. Swedish troops can change anything?? What is it that Sweden safeguards?

The Swedish ANA Trust Fund is about 900,000 euros - you presently commit 485 troops to "safeguard" a bloody million euros. So that is one Swedish soldier being supplemented by 1855 Euros!!!

The German ANA Trust Fund is 50,000,000 euros and we commit 4665 troops, that is one German soldier supplemented by 10,700 Euros.

Take the Brits - 9500 troops and an ANA Trust Fund of 4,5 mio Euros. That's 480 euros per Brit.

ISAF Soldiers are not going to win that war at all - and will never manage to upkeep the security by their own - it is the investment that the West and other ISAF particpants are willing to spend on "fighting terrorism" by recultivating a ravished country and building up their own forces.

Do I need to tell you about the endless corruption within ANA and the ANP? - right up to their business cooperations with the Taliban and those numerous warlords?
It's only the Taliban that commits crimes and is involved in drug trafficking? - don't make me laugh - please.

Without a reliable ANA and ANP - nothing will remain safe in that country upon ISAF withdrawal. Do I see that kind of an ANA or ANP by 2014? Not me sorry - and Kabul will never make it happen - so change or get rid of this Karsai - and his six brothers, Wardak, Azimi and Co., or we might just leave now and save our lives and billions of $$.

Regards
Kruska

Well ..many still come here 'fresh' from the countryside ..so its not a outdated viewpoint at al.
You are in a quiet area obviously ..Stil I dont understand why you seem to think you are welcome ??
Are you Swedes paying so much bribes to keep the good ole boys happy that it stays so quiet? Do you only get IED's after touching the poppy fields ? Seems like your talking about a whole different country to me .
Why people hate us and see no difference to Americans ? Simple answer ..Our troops get shot at , they call in air strikes cause its too dangerous to enter these villages and 70 civilians get killed ..hearts and minds you know...
Offcourse theyre no fan of us ! Why you think i gave the Nazi example ?

Dutch cant leave their base alone ..thats literally what my friends tell me ..most came back pretty negative minded from being there .
It even went so far that the military top informed villagers where to find unembedded journalists in the hope the Talibs got rid of them ..thats fact . All to keep up the good image at home ..that were doing a buildup job ... dont make me laugh . The gouvernment that sent our troops has been totally butchered after last elections .Buildup with marines and special forces as carpenters...Even orgs like Medicins sans frontieres cant operate there ..says it all .

We aren´t paying bribes at all, well sans teching the local populace how to make better use of their farmlands, increase their crops and how to handle threatening situations with the local opposition, by getting intouch with us and so on and forth.
Kruska just told you how little monetary assets we have incountry.
What we DO have instead, is the trust of most of the locals in our area.

Why would anyone call in an airstrike that kills 70 civilians?
What makes sence is to go into the village, find the opposition stronghold and take it down or as a last resort you call in the airstrike on the actual stronghold.
Could it be dangerous?
Yes without a doubt, someone once told me that working as a soldier could get dangerous from time to time.
I am not about to kill scores of innocents because it is "too dangerous" to find the opposition.
Kind of the essence of being a soldier, close with and destroy the enemy.

Plus it will gain you momentum in the H&M field.

That along with leaving your FOB from time to time, actually go out and live with the locals for periods of time.. But you know that right?

You might not have done a build up job, but that seems rather like a soldier failiure rather then a political one if they stay on their FOB when they are not calling in CAS on civilians.

Special Forces ARE carpenters, they are also fishermen, doctors, herders, teachers, and what have you.
Above all they are diplomats and security.
All to complete the mission.
UW/FID
They are ALSO capable of DA missions and a score of other things.
But this concept is probably hard to understand from the outside.

We have doctors without frontiers right here in our midst, they are called medics.
They may not be brainsurgeons, but they treat people in every village we come across and they ease the burdens of as many people as they can.
To someone who has never gotten medical care before I´d say that is one of them other improvements.
You know the ones that don´t exist.

When you say you are hoping we will inherit your mess in Uruzgan.
Who exactly is "us" in that sentence?

BTW Kruska you figures is off.
Well the money ones might be correct, that I do not know.
But your troop figures are off.

Have a nice day gents.

We aren´t paying bribes at all, well sans teching the local populace how to make better use of their farmlands, increase their crops and how to handle threatening situations with the local opposition, by getting intouch with us and so on and forth.
Kruska just told you how little monetary assets we have incountry.
What we DO have instead, is the trust of most of the locals in our area.

Why would anyone call in an airstrike that kills 70 civilians?
What makes sence is to go into the village, find the opposition stronghold and take it down or as a last resort you call in the airstrike on the actual stronghold.
Could it be dangerous?
Yes without a doubt, someone once told me that working as a soldier could get dangerous from time to time.
I am not about to kill scores of innocents because it is "too dangerous" to find the opposition.
Kind of the essence of being a soldier, close with and destroy the enemy.

Plus it will gain you momentum in the H&M field.

That along with leaving your FOB from time to time, actually go out and live with the locals for periods of time.. But you know that right?

You might not have done a build up job, but that seems rather like a soldier failiure rather then a political one if they stay on their FOB when they are not calling in CAS on civilians.

Special Forces ARE carpenters, they are also fishermen, doctors, herders, teachers, and what have you.
Above all they are diplomats and security.
All to complete the mission.
UW/FID
They are ALSO capable of DA missions and a score of other things.
But this concept is probably hard to understand from the outside.

We have doctors without frontiers right here in our midst, they are called medics.
They may not be brainsurgeons, but they treat people in every village we come across and they ease the burdens of as many people as they can.
To someone who has never gotten medical care before I´d say that is one of them other improvements.
You know the ones that don´t exist.

When you say you are hoping we will inherit your mess in Uruzgan.
Who exactly is "us" in that sentence?

BTW Kruska you figures is off.
Well the money ones might be correct, that I do not know.
But your troop figures are off.

Have a nice day gents.

Yes ..you Swedes are way more superior than all other foreign forces there , cammoed social workers for the good course !
Wait till Swedes are asked to do a serious active fighting task too..wanna see how much of that claimed H&M is left after some cowboy A10's help your Swedish boys out ..and how friendly your locals are then ..
offcourse your locals will differenciate you Swedes from American occupiers right? lol Youre so naive ...
When your boys come home in coffins the way its going in Uruzgan with the Dutch you're pulled out a lot quicker by your gouvernment than our boys ...wanna bet? :cheers:

Yes ..you Swedes are way more superior than all other foreign forces there , cammoed social workers for the good course !
Wait till Swedes are asked to do a serious active fighting task too..wanna see how much of that claimed H&M is left after some cowboy A10's help your Swedish boys out ..and how friendly your locals are then ..
offcourse your locals will differenciate you Swedes from American occupiers right? lol Youre so naive ...
When your boys come home in coffins the way its going in Uruzgan with the Dutch you're pulled out a lot quicker by your gouvernment than our boys ...wanna bet? :cheers:
Nah, in no way are we superior to the other OEF forces who set us up for success 9 years ago.
Nor are we any better then our Finnish counterparts at CNL who are very very good at COIN.
Sweden have infact been in on OEF all along, OEF is a fighting task but you wouldn`t know since you haven´t been.
This is like arguing with a six year old.
You call ME naive when I tell you what I see with my own eyes on a daily basis, yet you have absolutely no clue yourself.
You have read a newspaper and talked to an immigrant and you think you know ****?

Hearts and minds survive a few misshaps if you have gained trust.
It does not survive calling in CAS on civilians when you leave your FOB.
Don´t knock the A10,s cause they hit what you want lit up more often then not.
If you are hitting civilians you are doing something wrong.

The locals in our area have never seen americans, so they aren´t calling them occupiers.
They have seen us and they aren´t calling us occupiers, they call us friends.
Why, because we live among them, share our food with them and help them out with their day to day life.
There are ofcourse bad apples in our neighbourhood as well, but their power has decreased in the area since we make sure to as often as possible put ourselves between the opposition and our locals.

People will die in wars. It is what it is.
And perhaps your boys died needlessly in that particular area, maybe they should have done the H&M differently from the start I dunno, I wasn´t there.
Neither were you.
Fact is our H&M is working.
Thus our boys rarely comes home in coffins.

Do you now see the corelation between the two?

I get it, your politicians pulled you out before you got the job done, and you might be pissed about that..
But clanking down on other forces still there doing their jobs while you sit at home isn´t really the way to go.
Esp if they actually are getting their missions done.

So just be glad that someone is doing the job right and go away. You bore me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back