Norwegian Navy

sunb!

Forum Barbecuer
Well time to boost some North Atlantic waters into this forum, so here are a few pictures from the Norwegian Tactical Squadron (All images are available from the official NOR Army web pages).

I'll throw in a few other ones later on...

KA32-800_60143a.jpg

Sjo-800_60141a.jpg

helo-pickup-800_60148a.jpg

sb90__til_kai_49785a.jpg

stridsb_utv019-j_rn-_49787a.jpg

Hoistex-bilde-2_77463a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Hmmm Looks like Fast Attack Vessals to me :D .... They are More Useful With Coast Guard Rather then Navy ....... are they Navy Vessals or Coast Guard ? ............ and Those Helos are Sea King Right ?

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Stridsbåt 90

These boats is meant to carry one laser designator team an one team who readies and fires a missile (Hellfire?). They are ment to keep enemy naval vessels out of the Norwegian innshore waters. They can also perform other missions like inserting personell and such in not so friendly waters. High speed and low signature. APCs on water.

These boats is meant to carry one laser designator team an one team who readies and fires a missile (Hellfire?). They are ment to keep enemy naval vessels out of the Norwegian innshore waters. They can also perform other missions like inserting personell and such in not so friendly waters. High speed and low signature. APCs on water.
Ive always thought about that, what 12 rubber speed boats with guys with javelins could do to a capital ship.

Rabs said:
Ive always thought about that, what 12 rubber speed boats with guys with javelins could do to a capital ship.
You think a javelin (yes, I get you mean the AT missile, not an actual javelin :D) could actually harm an aircraft carrier?

Last edited:
One would probably need more punch to take out a Carrier, but there is lots of smaller fish in the water. Any of you guys knows how much punch there is in a Hellfire? BTW With a laser designator one can call inn airstrikes, right?

You think a javelin (yes, I get you mean the AT missile, not an actual javelin :-D) could actually harm an aircraft carrier?

Non-repariable harm probally not. The ocean is unobstructed and the straight shot feature on the javelin i figure is fairly accurate. You could maybe hit the bridge. Plus, you gota have some balls to take off from a carrier while its getting hit with missiles.

Rabs said:
Non-repariable harm probally not. The ocean is unobstructed and the straight shot feature on the javelin i figure is fairly accurate. You could maybe hit the bridge. Plus, you gota have some balls to take off from a carrier while its getting hit with missiles.
No doubt. I wonder whether a Javelin missile can penetrate the hull. If it can one would need still need half a dozen or so to actually sink it, to hit enough sealable sections....actually, rather than have rubber boats with missiles, why not rubber boatd with torpedoes?

why not rubber boatd with torpedoes?
The weight might be issue.

I wonder whether a Javelin missile can penetrate the hull.

Hmm, the javelin has the ability to do the straight down thing, I wonder if you could actually have them hit the flight deck? There has to be something provideing enough eat on a flight deck to target the missile.

Last edited:
Rabs said:
The weight might be issue..
What about under-water missiles then?

Rabs said:
Hmm, the javelin has the ability to do the straight down thing, I wonder if you could actually have them hit the flight deck? There has to be something provideing enough eat on a flight deck to target the missile.
Yeah, if you create a crater in the flight deck, planes can no longer take off and land.

That is a nice little boat.

Im not to sure on the stealth stuff, the radars on capital ships just got to much power.

Probably. But in the Norwegian inshore waters there is a lot of fjords, small islands, sheltered bays and such, and this boat is'nt big. In addition it does 40 knots + I think. How do you take out something like that? Speed and agility rocks!

Back