Norwegian Mottos

A_Nilsen

I'm a little uncertain if this motto is from HMKG or Krigsskolen, but I heard it from a Lieutenant from HMKG:

"Smerte er midlertidig, ære varer evig"/"Pain is temporary, honor is for ever"

This Lieutenant had also taken KS a few years ago, so he might have heard it during his time there.

And we have this one from HMKG: "Gardister fryser ikke, de blir bare blå før de dør"/"(Royal)Guards don't get cold, they just turn blue before they die"

Mvh.
A. Nilsen

Here's mine:
Pain isn't always temporary. In fact, I'm still paying for some injuries I suffered some 6 years ago. I'm a 23 year old physical wreck.

So people, please do be careful.

Hi Nilsen, velkommen til forumet. :)

That's not an official motto, just something many different units use as "motivation".

Krigsskolen has "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" If you want peace, prepare for war.

Sir_Alex said:
hehe hei A nilsen! Bob her ! :p
på denne siden vil dere nok finne noen gode mottos til ... alle land :)

on this link u'll find some good links to a good heap of countrys

http://www.military-quotes.com/mottos.htm

nice forum btw

Velkommen...

Du vet at du faktisk er på den siden akkurat nå?? ;)

(Translation: You realize that you are actually on that site right now!?).. :lol:

the new motto to Heimevernet (home defece)
It used to be "Over alt, alltid" ("Everywhere, always") but now the new motto is "Verner - Vokter - Virker."(Protects - Guards - Acts/Works.)

I just keep visualizing the Swedish chef he he. "Inga binga borga bork bork" LOL! Just kidding, Redleg ;)

lol Charge_7, wtf's up with a swe motto here?
Norway pwns Swe =P
;) US. and education! could it get any worse?
just jokin' =)
anyway, dont know if its an official motto.

GIHVs visjon:
"Et tidsmessig Heimevern for nasjonal trygghet"

Don't know how to translate! anyone wanna try?

More mottos:
"For Kongen, Fedrelandet og Flaggets heder." - Sjøforsvaret
"For King, Country, and Honor of the Flag." - Royal Norwegian Navy

"Alltid tilstede" - Kystvakten
"Always Present" - Norwegian Coast Guard

In the navy we also used stuff like "Pain is temporary, honor lasts forever" and "Pain is an illusion, an illusion is a dream, you dream when you sleep and sleeping is wonderful." (Terrible translation, but i hope you get the idea.)

We also had to swear allegiance to the King. It's a short oath, but still: "Gud bevare Kongen og Fedrelandet." (God save the King and Country.)
When this is said during any form of official arrangment (parades, field service..) the navy answers with the same words, while the air force only answers "Yes."

Back