Norwegian C-130 J Hercules missing over Sweden

It's reported that they've found bodyparts now, so the search for survivors has been called off.... :?

This is a terrible tragedy, and it's still a mystery what may have happened.
It is possible that they have tried to fly under the weather by flying below the mountains and may have miscalculated the downforce of the wind while trying to go over to the next valley....

Now i lay my head to rest
My weary day is done
I thank you God, the airman
These gifts for me have won
Lead them ever wisely
That their course be
Sure and swift
Made clear the path of victory
Their darkness soon to lift
Hold them in your loving care
And may they know this day
The freedom
That their courage grants
God bless and guide their way.

:salute2:

They have flown alone, with the engine's moan, As they sweat the great beyond, And they take delight, at the awesome sight of the world spread far and yon. Yet not alone, for above the moan, when the earth is out of sight, As they make their stand, He takes their hand, and guides them through the night.

Ruhe in Frieden, kammeraten.
:salute2:

Statisticly Norway reached a population of 5 million citizens today, but we are still short of an aircrew of five, and a Swedish policeman did give our feelings a name during a speach held at Nikkaluokta Moutain Cabin:
"Not even the sunshine today can bring warmth to our hearts."

Witnesses today reported 4 jets in a "Missing man-formation" over Kebnekaise.

While our thoughts and prayers goes to the ones left behind, our most deepfelt thanks goes to the Swedish people who struggeled round the clock to find our lost aircrew, and the way they honoured or fallen ones.

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/207/207370/20737049/jpg/active/x978.jpg

Although I was unable to get myself to this part of the world at this current time I can tell you one thing I know for certain.

The SAR mission couldn´t have been performed more vigorously and with more determination had the crew been one of our own.

Rest easy at the table in Valhalla brothers and sister, I´ll see you again at the big round up.

:salute:

KJ sends with a heavy heart..

Very brave soldiers doing their jobs and honorably. I'm saddened by this story and my heart goes out to the families.

May they all rest in peace, and the families heal while holding on to memories.

Prayers and sympathies from America,

I'll pray for the families and the
courageous souls who braved the storm.

May they rest well.:-(

Back