North Korea says will fire on South if leaflets dropped

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea issued its most strident warning to the South in months on Friday when it threatened to open fire on South Korean territory if anti-Pyongyang leaflets were sent over from South Korean territory. It said that if leaflets were dropped on Monday a "merciless military strike by the Western Front will be put into practice without warning", according to state news agency KCNA. Leaflets are sent across the border via by campaigners against North Korea, but not by the government in Seoul. (Reporting by David Chance; Editing by Ken Wills)

More...

These people, the N. Koreans, are absolutely delusional!
I have been to Panmunjom, more than once, and have seen their “constructs”; I was an Intel Analysis with the Eighth Army and, although it has been many years, know something of the Korean problem.
I was also with the S-2 of the 2nd ID and routinely dealt with N. Korean propaganda efforts (including frequent leaflet drops from balloons).
For them to denounce ROK leaflets is like “Pinocchio doing the backstroke in Satan’s septic tank”

Yes well I am not sure why the South continually puts up with the North's saber rattling.

Basically it seems to me that the North is either bluffing or dangerous and that stance is not going to change into the foreseeable future therefore the South needs to decide whether it is just going to give in to the North in which case it may as well hoist a white flag and let the North take over or bite the bullet and sort out the problem.

Sure lots of people will die as the North's artillery can reach Seoul that isn't going to become any less of a problem 10 years from now when the population will be much higher.

Besides my personal belief is that the North Korens will collapse within 48 hours due to the mess the country is in so the only real threat is a Chinese response and if they were offered a 100 mile buffer of NK to control they would probably be happy to see the Kims out the door.

Back