Nope... no Soviet Propoganda with Obama's Campaign

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Spotted in Albany, California:
IMG_7258.JPG

Also spotted in Albany — which seems to be home base for “Bark for Barack!” signs, which I’ve never seen anywhere else:
IMG_6897.JPG

Luckily, dogs can’t vote — can they?
UPDATE:
rodchenko.jpg

Turns out even this innocuous bit of silliness has a communist connection. The “Bark for Barack” poster is based on this famous graphic design by Soviet artist Alexander Rodchenko, who “used photo montage to enhance his images to create more powerful images that would be used for propaganda for the USSR.”

Yeah because a dog day care center is without a doubt the last refuge of the politburo.

Perhaps had you trundled off to the website on the poster you might have got the whole story.

I also notice that the poster does not carry the official endorsement of the campaign.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.obamadogsunite.com/

Metro Dog Day Care and Boarding Center has proudly developed the Bark for Barack image as a fund raising effort for the Obama '08 campaign.

obamaDogsGraphic.gif

Metro Dog Day Care and Boarding is the East Bay’s only Green Certified, behavior-based center for dogs. Dogs spend their day in the company of small groups, which are both expertly and lovingly supervised. Play sessions are interspersed with quiet time in their rooms. Metro Dog does not use any aversive techniques to manage the dogs. Positive, only and always! Our 17,000 square foot center boasts the most innovative designs using sustainable technotogies that create a safe and wholesome experience.

http://www.metrodog.com/

Last edited:
Yeah, because two rather homemade looking signs in Albany are worse than telling voters that they could face arrest if they have unpaid traffic violations.

The guy who made this really should have thought twice.

I don't see why it is applicable to the group that made it, a doggy day care center as it has dogs, the original poster has the right shape in two areas (the megaphone and the circle) to make it applicable to both the group and the campaign.

Lets be realistic here it is only the more rabid of Obama's detractors that could see enough of a connection to make an issue out of it and as such they are in themselves the best campaigning tool Obama has.

Lets face it if the skinheads that were out to kill "blacks" and Obama last week were McCain supporters would you somehow draw the conclusion that McCain was a Nazi?

I find it incredibly disappointing that some people prefer lies and innuendo and feel the need to scare people into backing their cause rather than actually carrying their candidate of choices message forward.

Last edited:
Back