Nope... no cult at all

Well I guess if pictures are fact I am not sure xmas is going to be getting better soon...

chr005.jpg

I live near Santa Clause (Indiana)! That would be distressing there! LOL

The pic is funny, though.

It's a cult, imho. This wasn't exactly the picture I was looking for, but it's close enough.

Attachments

• obamahalo.jpg
    obamahalo.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
Like I've said before... It's easy to be considered a cult of personality when your predecessor was on the complete OPPOSITE end of the spectrum... Single digit approval ratings... When was the last time that happened? People are glorifying Obama because they're so relieved to be rid of George Bush.

Unfortunately this is actually true. Just give it some time and it'll pass. Reality will hit Obama and the people like a freight train.

I mean I'm not saying he's going to suck just like GWB, I'm just saying people need to realize that he's a human just like everyone else, and some things are just not plausible in 8 years...

I mean I'm not saying he's going to suck just like GWB, I'm just saying people need to realize that he's a human just like everyone else, and some things are just not plausible in 8 years...

That was my point before. All of today's woes cannot be plased at GWB's feet. To quote you, "somethings are just not plausible in 8 years".

I never denied it.... George Bush screwed up... He admitted it himself in an interview with The Rolling Stones. But it's not ALL his fault... And to say that it IS, is a falsehood...

What CAN be said, is that the George Bush ADMINISTRATION (all-inclusive) was a failure.

Bush tripped too often on what i call ''bomb questions'' which the newspapers asked him every day.Also he thought that everione agrees with him always.

I don't understand... Is this a joke, or do you honestly think there is a cult brewing behind Barack Obama?........

Don´t know, but I know many Spanish pray to him every day, already it has become a common joke: "Have you been praying to Obama today?" if something goes wrong...

Ratter

In my opinion, there is a rather substantial difference between a legitimate cult and a cult of personality... I would go so far as to admit that there might be a SLIGHT cult of personality (little hero worship) but not a legitimate cult.

Rob, what IS a "legitimate" cult? There is none.
Religious (like mormons are considered, or Jehovah's Witnesses, Heaven's Gate, The People's Temple, etc ad nauseum), yes.
Political (American Green Party, NSM, ANSWP, etc), yes.
Personality (Rick Astley, Michael Jackson, Michael J. Fox, etc), yes.
But "legitimate"? No such term that I can think of. Have any sources?

I mean a cult that honestly worships it's "leader" if you will. A cult of personality is more akin to hero worship, thinking that someone is almost infallible. A true cult (like one of religion) is where a group of people really think that a person/thing is more of a religion; where people really believe someone or something is holy or divine....

I won't go so far to say that Obama has a "cult of personality" around him, but he was definitely elected more for his mannerisms and way of handling himself than his experience in politics because the latter was almost non-existent at the Federal level prior to his announcing his intention to form a committee to look into the possibility of his candidacy for the office of the President of the United States of America. In 2004 he was pegged as the front runner after one speech at the DNC. Besides, Obama can't really be held responsible because someone he's never met put his book in the wrong section, just as Dan Brown can't be held responsible because so many people took his book as literal truth despite it being clearly labeled as being fiction.

I won't go so far to say that Obama has a "cult of personality" around him, but he was definitely elected more for his mannerisms and way of handling himself than his experience in politics because the latter was almost non-existent at the Federal level prior to his announcing his intention to form a committee to look into the possibility of his candidacy for the office of the President of the United States of America. In 2004 he was pegged as the front runner after one speech at the DNC. Besides, Obama can't really be held responsible because someone he's never met put his book in the wrong section, just as Dan Brown can't be held responsible because so many people took his book as literal truth despite it being clearly labeled as being fiction.
And the fact that he wasn't a Republican... I think Hillary would have had a fighting chance against John McCain... Regardless, you're right, it's not his fault the book was put in the wrong section.

Yeah, the party tag probably mattered more than anything else, hell, McCain was the least right of center of the dozen or so candidates the GOP put forward this year. Amazing how in 2004 the GOP was increasing their congressional majority and in 2008 their primary goal was to prevent the collapse of the party.

Back