NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Great. I don't like either of these candidates at all and if it came down to a choice between them I'd probably vote third party knowing that my vote won't really count.

Who will you vote for this year? Big business or parent state?

Those words were not mine. Let me try to make it clear, the point is that Obama has no plans to do anything specific on all other issues other than to claim that he will force an abandonment of Iraq by pulling our military out regardless of the situation. Now if you have any insight into any of his plans, please enlighten me because I don't have a clue about his plan of action, if any.

Great. I don't like either of these candidates at all and if it came down to a choice between them I'd probably vote third party knowing that my vote won't really count.

Who will you vote for this year? Big business or parent state?
I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. But for a simple answer, I'll decide which candidate most closely agrees with my views and vote for that one.

Last edited:
DTOP

I think one merely needs to read the history of the Robber Barons at the end of the 19th century as an illustration of what happens when Big Business is left to its own devices...It was a sort of neo-feudalism, the workers were horribly exploited while a select few Billionaires controlled everything. All this talk about Laissez-Faire business and Free-Trade is simply a clever disguise to steal and exploit people. This will never change as its the nature of the business, big corporations is a predatory animal and it has no limits to its greed. We have already seen them orchestrate a war for their own devices.

And yes Democrats also have their link to the Corporate boardroom. Thats why Hillary is doing so badly, its hard to believe she has oridinary people's best interests at heart when she sat on the Board of directors at Wal-Mart for 6 years. We don't need a Democratic version of Dick Cheney as President.

As for the Religious Right. The problem is that wish to impose their religious views on the entire country. They talk a good line, but that really is their agenda. Like all Fundimentalist they have no tolerence for people that dont share their views. George Bush is a example, and hes a lightweight compared to people like Robertson, or Dobson. Huckabee is cut from the same cloth. I am not gay, but if I were I would be very worried about some of the comments he made about homosexuality. The Christian Rights views include homophobia, religious intolerance (anti-Mormonism), and a very strict and narrow interpretation of Christian doctrine much like al Qaeda. And like al-Qaeda they are not opposed to using violence and terrorism to push their views. If I oppose such views from Islamic fundamentalists I certain oppose these views from Christians.

I would rather support the corporate crooks.

Last edited:
Geez mmarsh, it took you long enough to get here!
Anyway, I think that to be fair, for as many evils that you can contribute to big business, there are at least an equal number attributable to big government.
I don't consider the President a fundamentalist Christian. I mean his own family doesn't belong o the same church. If I recall correctly, his brother Jebb is a Catholic and they seem to get along fine.
I'd consider him a conservative but so are many people in the GOP and Democratic parties. I think while he may not agree with some of the views of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he doesn't advocate its destruction. That would be intolerance, Al-Qaeda style. It's unfair to lump them together regardless of one's blind hatred of the GOP.

May I ask why?

Because they are hard core liberal leftists. That scares me.

I think America would be a better place if it did go back to the idea of "One Nation Under God." Kids can't get much more screwed up, parents can't care much less, and how many more STDs can be spread around?

There has to be a turning point somewhere.

IMO.

As for the Religious Right. The problem is that wish to impose their religious views on the entire country. They talk a good line, but that really is their agenda. Like all Fundimentalist they have no tolerence for people that dont share their views.

I adore being religiously right.

You are right, I have no tolerance for people that blow others up. I have no tolerance for people that tell me I cannot wear a cross in school. I have no tolerance to listen to homosexuals rant and rave to my future children about how it's so much better "being open minded." I have no tolerance for this "lets have sex" idea that everyone over the age of 16 is pushing. I have NO tolerance for people that have NO tolerance under the disguise of being open minded.

Last edited:
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

I don't think the problems with today's youth (myself included) stem from a lack of faith or values. I'd say it has something to do with the narcissism and boundless individuality that is encouraged by the media, and ignorance on the part of the parents - but you really can't blame them for everything, considering both parents are usually working these days.

I adore being religiously right.

You are right, I have no tolerance for people that blow others up. I have no tolerance for people that tell me I cannot wear a cross in school. I have no tolerance to listen to homosexuals rant and rave to my future children about how it's so much better "being open minded." I have no tolerance for this "lets have sex" idea that everyone over the age of 16 is pushing.

Being open minded also created a lot of the basic things we know today. For example, thanks to open-mindedness we know the earth revolves around the sun. We know the world is not flat, and we know that it is possible to construct a machine that flies.

I have NO tolerance for people that have NO tolerance under the disguise of being open minded.

Just making sure I comprehend this right, you are in no way open minded? Or are you saying that you are, but have tolerance and an open mind? Because in this paragraph you talked about having no tolerance......sorry this last sentence confused me some.

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

“Of those qualities on which civilization depends, next after courage, it seems to me, comes an open mind."

Last edited:
Because in this paragraph you talked about having no tolerance......sorry this last sentence confused me some.

Hell, that last sentence confused me too. No, I didn't mean that I was entirely not open-minded. What I meant to convey was the point that people that are so open-minded and tolerant of others (so they say) aren't really open-minded and tolerant. And that is something that I really have no time for.

D TOP - thanks for the reply to my question re. Obama's election promises of CHANGE as a vote-catcher. If it is all rhetoric and no explained substance of his vision of a better America, then watch out. The price can be heavy especially if he carries with him a large governing majority.

I have come round to considering McCain, firstly because MontyB recommends him and secondly because he is hot on the militant Islamic threat issue.

-------------------------------------
The man of La Mancha.

I have no tolerance to listen to homosexuals rant and rave to my future children about how it's so much better "being open minded." I have no tolerance for this "lets have sex" idea that everyone over the age of 16 is pushing. I have NO tolerance for people that have NO tolerance under the disguise of being open minded.

So essentially, you feel that it is inappropriate for homosexuals to even ask for equal rights, let alone actually get them? I hope your children are preached to everyday how important is to be open minded, people are born black, people are born homosexual, science does kinda prove this. I am glad you support complete un-effective abstinence only education, send your kids to private school however, while im paying tax dollars I want effective Sex Ed taught in the schools, and hell give out some free condoms while there at it. I am young, I've had a girl friend whose daddy and mommy thought she was a little angel, without sex ed, kids just lie. I want my effective sexual education please, no pre-40 grandchildren for me! As for your open mindnesses not being open minded spiel. I have yet to meet a homosexual who thought heterosexuals should not be able to marry, met plenty vice versa.

Why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed to adopt, in my opinion having 2 moms or 2 dads is a crap load better than having neither.

GAY PENGUINS, clearly its a choice.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL

Those words were not mine. Let me try to make it clear, the point is that Obama has no plans to do anything specific on all other issues other than to claim that he will force an abandonment of Iraq by pulling our military out regardless of the situation. Now if you have any insight into any of his plans, please enlighten me because I don't have a clue about his plan of action, if any.
I see your point and I think I kinda overreacted. Sorry.

Because they are hard core liberal leftists. That scares me.
Yeah, Hillary scares the crap out of me too.

I think America would be a better place if it did go back to the idea of "One Nation Under God." Kids can't get much more screwed up, parents can't care much less, and how many more STDs can be spread around?

There has to be a turning point somewhere.

IMO.
Big problem. When that happens opposition against the government becomes opposition against God...which is a sin. Welcome dictatorship, goodbye democracy.

You are right, I have no tolerance for people that blow others up.
Do you think all Muslims are terrorists?

I have no tolerance for people that tell me I cannot wear a cross in school.
If you're a student you can. If you're not you can't. Secularism.

I have no tolerance to listen to homosexuals rant and rave to my future children about how it's so much better "being open minded."
Ever heard of freedom of speech?

I have no tolerance for this "lets have sex" idea that everyone over the age of 16 is pushing. I have NO tolerance for people that have NO tolerance under the disguise of being open minded.
I used to live in the supurbs of St.Louis. I've seen people go to church every sunday, preach creationism, being anti-stemcell research, anti-gay rights, anti-you name it. And then on the weekends they went to parties, got drunk and got laid.
So I don't think it really is a religion or moral thing.

Regards,
il

Big problem. When that happens opposition against the government becomes opposition against God...which is a sin. Welcome dictatorship, goodbye democracy.
I believe we have been more free in the past. Why does the government have to become against God? We've been "One Nation Under God," for quite a while now. Well, for the most part. :???:

Do you think all Muslims are terrorists?
No, it's the ones that blow people up that I think are terrorists. That's just me though.

Ever heard of freedom of speech?
Freedom this, freedom that. I don't want my kids taught it's healthier to be gay and bisexual than it is to be straight. I don't want them homophobic, but I certainly don't want it taught in schools that it's perfectly okay to experiment with your same-sex friends. (Pretty much what it's coming to).

I used to live in the supurbs of St.Louis. I've seen people go to church every sunday, preach creationism, being anti-stemcell research, anti-gay rights, anti-you name it. And then on the weekends they went to parties, got drunk and got laid.
So I don't think it really is a religion or moral thing.
You are right about the first part. I believe that is a big reason why Christianity has the reputation it does for some people.

For me Christianity and morals go hand-in-hand.

So essentially, you feel that it is inappropriate for homosexuals to even ask for equal rights, let alone actually get them? I hope your children are preached to everyday how important is to be open minded, people are born black, people are born homosexual, science does kinda prove this. I am glad you support complete un-effective abstinence only education, send your kids to private school however, while im paying tax dollars I want effective Sex Ed taught in the schools, and hell give out some free condoms while there at it. I am young, I've had a girl friend whose daddy and mommy thought she was a little angel, without sex ed, kids just lie. I want my effective sexual education please, no pre-40 grandchildren for me! As for your open mindnesses not being open minded spiel. I have yet to meet a homosexual who thought heterosexuals should not be able to marry, met plenty vice versa.
I believe people hide behind the term "equal rights" for many different purposes, some of those deviant intents. However, I do believe gays should have rights as anyone else. I also believe it is important to be open-minded, tempered with common sense and morals. Common sense to me doesn't say it's smart to run around ****ing every man and woman in sight, and my morals back this theory up.

I 100% back only abstinence only Sex-Ed in schools. Average age for Sex-Ed is what...13 or 14 I think. I don't want my kids knowing how to give a proper blow job at the age of 13. THAT is screwed up. I think it's the parents job (which they are neglecting) to talk to their kids about sex, as for the school system it should be the basics along with the line, "if you are going to have sex use a condom."

Why pave a road and then look back and wonder gee, I thought teaching my child to give a blow job would help her to make the best decision regarding sex (aka not to have it so young), not turn her into a little ****.... (To me that makes zero sense).

Last edited:
I believe we have been more free in the past. Why does the government have to become against God? We've been "One Nation Under God," for quite a while now. Well, for the most part. :???:
I'm sorry I think I didn't explain properly what I meant so you misunderstood me. I'll give it another shot.
When a nation becomes "under God" (by that term I mean kind of theocratic, religion playing a very big role in political life and decision making) then the following happens. Since it is a nation "under God" the laws and politics of that nation are justified through God as coming from God (in form of the Bible, Qur'an, you name the holy book). So that means any opposition to these laws, or to the government, becomes opposition to God (since the government acts in God's name), which is a sin, which means those opposers are going to Hell...and so forth until we don't have a democracy anymore.
I see what you are saying. I do think though that religion should be kept out of politics as extreme as possible.

No, it's the ones that blow people up that I think are terrorists. That's just me though.
It's not just you.

Freedom this, freedom that. I don't want my kids taught it's healthier to be gay and bisexual than it is to be straight. I don't want them homophobic, but I certainly don't want it taught in schools that it's perfectly okay to experiment with your same-sex friends. (Pretty much what it's coming to).
Well, they ain't bein' taught that anyways. Have you ever been to a school recently?

You are right about the first part. I believe that is a big reason why Christianity has the reputation it does for some people.

Oh, for me too. The thing is just that most people don't have an idea about Christianity, and especially those people from the religious right (I get very mad when I see evangelicals who have billions and preach libertarianism, take a look at this: http://www.zompist.com/meetthepoor.html )

I believe people hide behind the term "equal rights" for many different purposes, some of those deviant intents. However, I do believe gays should have rights as anyone else. I also believe it is important to be open-minded, tempered with common sense and morals. Common sense to me doesn't say it's smart to run around ****ing every man and woman in sight, and my morals back this theory up.
Oh no it doesn't, but it's a free country and you have the right to do that if you want to.

I 100% back only abstinence only Sex-Ed in schools. Average age for Sex-Ed is what...13 or 14 I think. I don't want my kids knowing how to give a proper blow job at the age of 13. THAT is screwed up. I think it's the parents job (which they are neglecting) to talk to their kids about sex, as for the school system it should be the basics along with the line, "if you are going to have sex use a condom."
I feel with you mate, but I have to tell you that the efficiency of abstinence only sex-ed is about 0%.

Why pave a road and then look back and wonder gee, I thought teaching my child to give a blow job would help her to make the best decision regarding sex (aka not to have it so young), not turn her into a little ****.... (To me that makes zero sense).
I was helper in a sex-ed class. And believe me, it's more about STDs and stuff than about giving proper blowjobs.

Regards,
Il

Make that .002%

Hehe. Worked for me. *Then again I did have morals and certainly beliefs backing that up, and I'm glad I'm waiting. Kids who screw around are totally losing out..*
Well yeah, but it's better to teach teenagers how to use a condom instead of having the AIDS statistic skyrocket, isn't it?
And if they wanna have sex they will anyways, and if not it won't be because of abstinence sex-ed!

Regards,
Il

“Of those qualities on which civilization depends, next after courage, it seems to me, comes an open mind."

Haha, yeah I agree, I just posted that quote because it seemed to fit. It's from Warhammer 40,000. Guess sarcasm really doesn't carry over the internet.

From what I've seen in the last 4 years going through high school is that kids will have sex because they've got a very, very strong natural impulse to do so. My freshmen year I'd wager at the VERY least 30% of my (schoolwide) class had lost their virginity. I think we might as well provide condoms free of charge, as well as sex ed - but not the kind that only shows the STDs and makes it look like a terrible idea. That's for the individual to decide for him/herself, hopefully after being taught about it by the parents. No change in society is going to change when people start experimenting. I prefer a lower STD rate to moral superiority. That's why I also favor needle exchange programs for junkies. They can't change overnight, and rehab is pretty much useless unless they themselves want to change, so we might as well limit the damage they do as much as possible. Besides, it saves lives.

I do agree with pixiedustboo on one thing - the open-mindedness preached in schools is sometimes excessive. It's unnerving to see so many kids with two employed parents being raised more by the school system than their parents. Consolidation is not a good thing.

Haha, yeah I agree, I just posted that quote because it seemed to fit. It's from Warhammer 40,000. Guess sarcasm really doesn't carry over the internet.

From what I've seen in the last 4 years going through high school is that kids will have sex because they've got a very, very strong natural impulse to do so. My freshmen year I'd wager at the VERY least 30% of my (schoolwide) class had lost their virginity. I think we might as well provide condoms free of charge, as well as sex ed - but not the kind that only shows the STDs and makes it look like a terrible idea. That's for the individual to decide for him/herself, hopefully after being taught about it by the parents. No change in society is going to change when people start experimenting. I prefer a lower STD rate to moral superiority. That's why I also favor needle exchange programs for junkies. They can't change overnight, and rehab is pretty much useless unless they themselves want to change, so we might as well limit the damage they do as much as possible. Besides, it saves lives.

I do agree with pixiedustboo on one thing - the open-mindedness preached in schools is sometimes excessive. It's unnerving to see so many kids with two employed parents being raised more by the school system than their parents. Consolidation is not a good thing.
totally agree!

Freedom this, freedom that. I don't want my kids taught it's healthier to be gay and bisexual than it is to be straight. I don't want them homophobic, but I certainly don't want it taught in schools that it's perfectly okay to experiment with your same-sex friends.

Yeh your right, hell with the first amendment. I hope you accept that its perfectly acceptable to teach that being homosexual or bisexual is perfectly healthy right, and there is nothing directly un-healthy about it.

For me they don't, thats why I don't want them in the public school system. You are more than welcome to have you "morals" I just don't want my kids sharing your Christian morals, i prefer to teach my own.

On a side note, I figure it would make a lot of high school guys across the country very happy if they taught girls how to actually give a blow job, sadly at least in Parkersburg thats not the case.

Also abstinence only education does not encourage the use of condoms so you kinda contradicted yourself. I am more along the lines of

"It's better not to have sex, if you do use a condom, and there are other means of "interaction" besides vaginal intercourse which can cause STDs. Abstinence is the only surefire way to avoid STDs."

And your right parents dont talk to their kids, and the schools should give the information thats needed.

Back