The noble and old MAGACH

SHERMAN

Seeing as it is slowly but shorely being replaced in Israeli ranks by the new Merkavas, i feel a need to say a few good words in honor of the Patton/MAGACH.....

It came into Israeli service just before the Six Days war. First it was the M48, but later in the 70s the m60 came as well. It was the best Israel hand until 1979 when the Merkava first apeard. It recieved many, many upgrades in the IDF. The last versions in IDF service are the MAGACH 7 and 6, with modern FCS computers, additional passive or reactive armor, more horse power, more everything. In Yom Kippur my step dad and his friends rode these through a hale storm of Sagger ATGMs, their tanks were covered by the guide wires of the missiles. houndreds were destroyed, most were repaired nad put back to service. These tanks fought 4 Israeli wars and always, always were up to scratch. It will be a sad day when the last MAGACH is turned to a live fire target...

Seeing as it is slowly but shorely being replaced in Israeli ranks by the new Merkavas, i feel a need to say a few good words in honor of the Patton/MAGACH.....

It came into Israeli service just before the Six Days war. First it was the M48, but later in the 70s the m60 came as well. It was the best Israel hand until 1979 when the Merkava first apeard. It recieved many, many upgrades in the IDF. The last versions in IDF service are the MAGACH 7 and 6, with modern FCS computers, additional passive or reactive armor, more horse power, more everything. In Yom Kippur my step dad and his friends rode these through a hale storm of Sagger ATGMs, their tanks were covered by the guide wires of the missiles. houndreds were destroyed, most were repaired nad put back to service. These tanks fought 4 Israeli wars and always, always were up to scratch. It will be a sad day when the last MAGACH is turned to a live fire target...

A good beast she was. Served in three US conflicts and went on to serve Israel, it is truely an excellent and noble beast.

Back