Nobel Prize in Chemistry

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
What do you think about the Nobel Prize in Chemistry? Emmanuelle Carpentier and Jennifer A Doudna are awarded it for the development of genome editing. This may open a can of worms? It has already did that in China when a scientist began to use the gene scissors. It can be beneficial if the genome editing is used to cure genetic diseases, but there is an ethical issue if the humanity begins to use it for other reasons

What do you think about the Nobel Prize in Chemistry? Emmanuelle Carpentier and Jennifer A Doudna are awarded it for the development of genome editing. This may open a can of worms? It has already did that in China when a scientist began to use the gene scissors. It can be beneficial if the genome editing is used to cure genetic diseases, but there is an ethical issue if the humanity begins to use it for other reasons

The human species has been opening cans of worms from the beginning, how else would we have defeated the myriad of issues man has faced.

The Pandora's box argument has been around for a long time, I have no doubt that Roman surgeons doing brain surgery 2000 years ago faced the same ethical issues but since then we have gone on to defeat almost every disease man has encountered without wiping out mankind and I suspect this will be no different.

Back