Nobel Peace Prize

On the whole I am a supporter of what Snowden has done but I am not convinced it is deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize, perhaps Whistleblower of the year but not a Peace prize.

I compare Snowden with Daniel Ellsberg, the man that exposed the Pentagon Papers in the early 1970s (the Vietnam war)

I was not surprised to hear the NSA is spying on everybody (more or less) It is a sign of moral strength to go public when a governmental agency is not playing by the book. Not so many have that kind of courage, however, being nominated for the Peace Prize is perhaps wrong. I doubt he will get the Prize, but never say never

I compare Snowden with Daniel Ellsberg, the man that exposed the Pentagon Papers in the early 1970s (the Vietnam war)

I was not surprised to hear the NSA is spying on everybody (more or less) It is a sign of moral strength to go public when a governmental agency is not playing by the book. Not so many have that kind of courage, however, being nominated for the Peace Prize is perhaps wrong. I doubt he will get the Prize, but never say never

I agree I don't have any issue with what he did and hope it all works out for him but it isn't worth a Peace prize however they devalued the prize a lot when they handed it out to Obama for "work he said he was going to do" so if they did give it to Snowden he wouldn't be the most undeserving person to have won it.

When we have talked about the shooting sprees, mass-shooting, and/or the high profile shootings which have occurred in the US, the the 2nd Amendment is often mentioned. Many Americans defend their Constitution to the last breath, and I don't view that as a bad thing, even if I may disagree with the implications of it today. So Snowden did not followed the rules, but when the agency is/was violating the law, he did what he thought was the right thing, so if we do this it might be fixed

Back