No sense of humor

Good answer. 911 isn't there for this kind of thing! What about the people who actually have an emergency on their hands? That caller is the wrong one!

What the dispatcher did is 100% wrong..... sorry but as a LEO I get dispatched to a bunch of waste my time calls but I still go to them. There are times when a parent cannot control their child. Not all 12 year olds are sweet little kids. Some are complete monsters and can and do abuse their parents.

I find the call funny and all but there is a time and a place for joking. Being a dispatcher is not the time nor place. When people become police, firefighters, and dispatchers they must take a certain level of responsibility and realize that they are held to a higher standard then the rest of society.

Yep. Absolutely. Unfortunately not everyone is as professional as you are. I guess it's a real drag whenever you come across the bad eggs in your profession.
And you're right. People have this idea that they're just children until they're 18... but I still remember when I was a kid. Kids can be the most meanest most evil people.

Back