No proof Iran Arms Iraqis.

Gator

U of B and B Alumnus
U.S. general: No evidence Iran is arming Iraqis

AP
Pace contradicts claims by other U.S. military, administration officials
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A top U.S. general said Tuesday there was no evidence the Iranian government was supplying Iraqi insurgents with highly lethal roadside bombs, apparently contradicting claims by other U.S. military and administration officials.
Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. forces hunting down militant networks that produced roadside bombs had arrested Iranians and that some of the material used in the devices were made in Iran.
“That does not translate that the Iranian government per se, for sure, is directly involved in doing this,” Pace told reporters in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta. “What it does say is that things made in Iran are being used in Iraq to kill coalition soldiers.”
His remarks might raise questions on the credibility of the claims of high-level Iranian involvement, especially following the faulty U.S. intelligence that was used to justify the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
Three senior military officials in Baghdad said Sunday that the highest levels of Iranian government were responsible for arming Shiite militants in Iraq with the bombs, blamed for the deaths of more than 170 U.S. troops
Asked Monday directly if the White House was confident that the weaponry is coming on the approval of the Iranian government, spokesman Tony Snow said, “Yes.”
Iran on Monday denied any involvement.
“Such accusations cannot be relied upon or be presented as evidence. The United States has a long history in fabricating evidence. Such charges are unacceptable,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini told reporters in Tehran.

Link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17129144/

Last edited:
Well, I respect the man for not jumping to any conclusions based upon nothing but coincidence.

“That does not translate that the Iranian government per se, for sure, is directly involved in doing this,” Pace told reporters in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta. “What it does say is that things made in Iran are being used in Iraq to kill coalition soldiers.”

Thank you. Finally an American official says it.

We All Know About it

make up your mind

We all know about the Iranian government And other Governments like it are supplying Iraqi insurgents with highly lethal roadside bombs, "What it does say is that things made in Iran are being used in Iraq to kill coalition soldiers.”Now "Does This ring a big Fat Bell"

make up your mind

no mind to make up..

that means that crap is coming from Iran... don't jump to conclusions. It would be saying that Timothy McVeay was given a bomb supplied by the U.S. Government.... obviously not true...

He should be careful, the last guy the dared such a direct contradiction to NEOCON party line had his wife outed as a CIA agent.

He should be careful, the last guy the dared such a direct contradiction to NEOCON party line had his wife outed as a CIA agent.

General Pace seems able to handle himself in a fight, General Pace also serves a Term in the job, which ends on 30 September 2009.

Yes, he needs to be cautious indeed. As we have seen in the past, the Neo-conservatives are not averse to ruining anyone's life for their own ends.

Sorry folks, a mate sent this to me. Sounds like someone is not talking to someone else???? May not be bombs but insurgents are still being supplied by Iran.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/iran-found-out-t33143.html

I'd say General Pace is kept in the loop, and being the highest ranking person in Uniform in the United States Military, I think it is a safe bet that General Pace has good intel on events, and a good all around picture of events, and one would think the General can get in touch with anyone in the Government he wants.

Situational acceptance

I'd say General Pace is kept in the loop, and being the highest ranking person in Uniform in the United States Military, I think it is a safe bet that General Pace has good intel on events, and a good all around picture of events, and one would think the General can get in touch with anyone in the Government he wants.
So you believe what Gen Pace says about the Iranian connection but you disbelieve Gen Gates when he talks about the damage the EFPs produce. Given the highlighted portion of your post I am mystified.

So you believe what Gen Pace says about the Iranian connection but you disbelieve Gen Gates when he talks about the damage the EFPs produce. Given the highlighted portion of your post I am mystified.

No I believe both of them. Gates says that the EFPs which cause damage were produced in Iran, and Pace says that doesnt mean its the Iranian goverment. The things to they say are not opposite, they make perfect sense together.

No I believe both of them. Gates says that the EFPs which cause damage were produced in Iran, and Pace says that doesnt mean its the Iranian goverment. The things to they say are not opposite, they make perfect sense together.

I'd also like to point out that Secretary of Defense Gates is not a General, nor was Secretary of Defense Gates ever a General, as Secretary of Defense Gates was never in the United States Military.

How many NCO's does he listen to??? The straight and colourful answers come from CPLs.:smil:

General Pace strikes me as a person who can become very colorful, he also strikes me as someone who does want input from the guys in the mix.
The thing you have to remember though is NCOs below the rank of E8 may not speak their minds to the highest ranking person in Uniform in the United States Military very often, as E-5's, E-6's. and E-7's want to become E-6's, E-7's, and E-8's respectivly..... E-8's would also like to become E-9's of course, but there are not a whole lot of E-9's running around.
Personally, I doubt very many Corporals in the United States Military would give an unvarnished personal opinion in regards to the military operation which may run counter to the view of the Command Staff.

Still waiting for an explanation as to the logic of the overgrown cayman... good thing I'm not holding my breath eh?

Back