No place for the SMG? - Page 5

--

August 24th, 2005  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rPh345
For your information G36c is not a bullpup but a standard like an m16 of ak47. and No, Smgs still have a purpose. Like urban combat where the bullet hits the terrorist and doesn't penentrate through and hit someone else like a civilian.
Are you sure your not thinking of the G-36K? I thought the C was a cut down version of the K? Like the M4 carbine is to the M-16. I could be wrong...
August 26th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

is mp5 silenced?
August 26th, 2005  
bushpig1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET
is mp5 silenced?
There is a silenced version...MP5SD.
http://www.hkpro.com/mp5sd.htm
--
August 27th, 2005  
ghost457

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpig1998
Quote:
is mp5 silenced?
also, most of the standard MP5's have the capability to be silenced because of a threaded muzzle or the 3-lug flashhider.

and on the topic of the MP5 (the best submachine gun, ever) it also comes in 10mm and .40 caliber for those that dont like the 9mm.
August 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpig1998
Quote:
is mp5 silenced?
also, most of the standard MP5's have the capability to be silenced because of a threaded muzzle or the 3-lug flashhider.

and on the topic of the MP5 (the best submachine gun, ever) it also comes in 10mm and .40 caliber for those that dont like the 9mm.

I prefer the UMP .45.

Read quite a bit at world.guns.ru. I see.

Thats the modern version, made with threaded muzzle to accept US-made detachable silencers.

The MP5A3 didn't have a three lug mount, the N/A4 version does.
August 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
It really doesnt look like something Id like to bring to combat.

yeah but it would be an advantage to hide behind the damn thign.....jebus it's huge
August 30th, 2005  
ghost457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Read quite a bit at world.guns.ru. I see.
if you are referring to me, i found out most of this information at www.hkpro.com, the best site I've ever found about anything HK, especially the MP5's.
August 31st, 2005  
Obvious

hmm a ump .45 my kind of smg or perhaps the p90 and the mp7.
September 2nd, 2005  
sleepyscout

The army carries the m16a4 and the m4 its mission dependent but if your not infantry you have a m4 its becoming the standard in the army. While the army is testing new weapons no replacment has been found.

Just a advantage I haven't seen yet is that the SMG does not generate as much sound in buildings so that the operator is unable to hear,
or your ear's don't ring for as long.

Weapons are tools and the military uses what is needed to get the mission done.
September 3rd, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyscout
The army carries the m16a4 and the m4 its mission dependent but if your not infantry you have a m4 its becoming the standard in the army. While the army is testing new weapons no replacment has been found.

Just a advantage I haven't seen yet is that the SMG does not generate as much sound in buildings so that the operator is unable to hear,
or your ear's don't ring for as long.

Weapons are tools and the military uses what is needed to get the mission done.
I thought the Army used the A3, and the USMC used the A4.