No JROTC

CDT KELLY

I am going to a Private Catholic School that does not have JROTC. What will happen. Will I no longer be in it or would I go to a different school for one class a day. If anyone has any answers please let me know.

Umm you can try to get one at the school like i am doing right now...don't make the same post when theres others

Catholic Schools will NOT endorse an ROTC program. Your best bet is to try to find a local CAP or Sea Cadets group.

Joe252 said:
don't make the same post when theres others

Good Advice... VERY good advice. Search around. I get topics off topic all the time, or just a different topic on topic. Sometimes when topics die, and you have a similar question, just different circumstances, you can bring them back like that.

I haven't seen you post a lot, welcome.

I was actually wanting to know if I would go to a public school for one class a day. I was not asking how to get it in my new school.

Well then post in the 30 other threads about people complaining about not having JROTC at their school.

Trevor said:
Well then post in the 30 other threads about people complaining about not having JROTC at their school.

Good point, I'm working on figuring out which offers the most information, and adding it to the sticky... Altho I'm not sure anyone heeds the "search first" advice.

None of them that I have read say anything about wheter or not I can switch to a public school for one class every day. I AM NOT SAYING I WANT IT TO BE IN THE SCHOOL LIKE ALL THE OTHER THREADS!

That's something none of us can tell you. It sounds like you need to have a little conversation with your school admin and other things. That causes many more problems then you would believe. I was going to try to work that out also - go to a college prep and go to band at my local high school. I just decided to go to the high school, and I like my deicision. Oh yeah, I was basically told no, that I couldn't do that, and it wouldn't work.

CrazyCadet142 said:
That's something none of us can tell you.

Not true. I do the same thing the CDT KELLY's asking about.

talk to your school's headmaster/principal and try to find out about doing single class enrollment. if they agree to let you do it, find a school you want to do JROTC at and talk to the JROTC instructors and a counselor about working out a way for you to do it.

I tried that. But couldn't do that in my high school unless I transfer. So I joined CAP. once every thursday!

Say! I know where you got your screenname "Cadet Kelly"!! cool! wasn't it after a movie in the Disney channel where Hilary Duff joins some kind of military high school academy and Christna plays the head of the cadre? Good movie! Hey do you think the guy who played "the Major" is really hot? Shawn Ashmore (guy from X-Men) looks really cute in BDUs.

cadetgirl10 said:
I tried that. But couldn't do that in my high school unless I transfer. So I joined CAP. once every thursday!

Say! I know where you got your screenname "Cadet Kelly"!! cool! wasn't it after a movie in the Disney channel where Hilary Duff joins some kind of military high school academy and Christna plays the head of the cadre? Good movie! Hey do you think the guy who played "the Major" is really hot? Shawn Ashmore (guy from X-Men) looks really cute in BDUs.

I'd like to keep this on topic, thanks!

cadetgirl10 said:

:eek:fftopic: Ugh! Worst movie ever! Hilary Duff needs a punch.! (Sorry, Crazy, no more off-topic posts, I just had to say that.)

amen to that trevor 8)

and since its been a while since this was posted, do you think you could tell us how it turned out cdt. kelly?

Back