The no hostage policy

kotakk

Do you really think Russia no hostage policy is more effective at dealing with terrorism?I mean the aftermath of the Beslan tragedy was really shocking.
And any innovative suggestions on Dealing with hostage situations?

i think that russian "bullet in the head" type of terrorist negotiation could prove to be very sucssesive,but only in hands of right presonell,in high command that is.

Beside the Russian policy, I have rather high respect for Israeli Special Forces, where "Objective A" is elimination of all terrorists and "Objective B" is saving hostages.

israel has been thrugh all that stuff in the past... beslan is a PLOarafat copyright, check out Maalot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maalot_massacre

israel was also first to experience widespread suicide bombing, and hijackings (9-11 is derived from hijacking IMHO)

russia is doing the right thing if you ask me, but the sad thing is that their strategy will eventually lead to suicide bombings...

It might get worse than suicide bombing, listen to this, I quote myself from a previous post.

"The other thing is that I have just read a part of a Moscow Times article. It states 'Given that a series of deadly attacks, including co-ordinated raids in Ingushetia in June and a string of suicide bombings in Moscow, have failed to affect the Kremlin line, the extremists might opt for attacks of catastrophic proportions in the hope that the greater casualties and psychological shock would cause a capitulation,'

'In a clear recognition of this threat, the Federal Nuclear Power Agency announced Wednesday (September 1) that security has been boosted at nuclear power plants and other nuclear facilities across Russia. During Russia's first military campaign in Chechnya in 1994-96, the Chechen rebels acquired radioactive materials, threatened to attack nuclear facilities, plotted to hijack a nuclear submarine, and attempted to put pressure on the Russian leadership by planting a container with radioactive materials in Moscow and threatening to detonate it.

'Russia's second campaign, which began in the fall of 1999, has already seen Chechen-based radical separatists plant explosives in tanks filled with chemical substances, scout nuclear facilities and establish contacts with an insider at a nuclear power plant,' the article concludes."

There possibly cannot exist a solution to such a problem.
.The fundamentalists usually stop at nothing.I mean if they know five lives can jeopardize the lives of a hundred ,they wont not stop.I read an
article about the 9/11 incident ,it seems ramming a huge passenger jet right into the centre of the tower requires intense training.It seems that
they even translated those huge manuals into arabic .
A quote from the lord of rings,this is what King Theoden said when the orcs attacked"what can one do against such hate?"sums it up really

rocco, if I were from Russia and read that post, I would be pretty mad. What you wrote is considered country bashing. Also, avoid generalizing an entire population. You will only offend people by doing so.

SGT Doody

Back