No Fun after 23?

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
I have a friend who's depressed at being 24. THinks he's too old to have fun now. Is that retarded or what?
I've never heard of such a thing before.
Plus I've had smashing good times with people who are even 30+.
Where could he have gotten such a stupid idea? Anyone care to try to enlighten me?

Yeah, that's retarded.

At 24, there isn't too much that should keep you from having fun when you want to.

Sometimes though, people get too attached to life and hate to see the years go by. Then they get depressed.

Funny thing is, he served in the Swedish Army for a while so he's still a college student. So his college years aren't even over. Mine are.
I think sometimes youth is overrated.

Most people on TV or in movies who are portrayed having fun and a fulfilling life at the same time are young people or old people portraying younger people. In movies, all older people have terminal illnesses or sudden death during the first thirty minutes of the story.

It's a conspiracy. All of us older than 30 have set it up so you younger folks will give up and not find the really great parties. :p

Here me out.

When you are under 18, all you think about is being 18 so you can go to college and be free of your parents. Once you are 18, then you think about being 21 so you can go to the bars, clubs, buy and drink alcohol legally. After 21, there is no real age to look forward to. Also drinking and hitting the bars gets real old after you turn 21. I know I was all about going to bars and clubs as I neared 21. Once I turned 22, I started to get annoyed with the whole bar scene. So you hit a low as you struggle to find other things to do that can be considered "fun". Then you think about hitting the big 3 0. Being 30 is something a 25 yearold like myself does not like to think about too often.

That is how this 25 yearold sees the 24 yearold blues.

I never really enjoyed going to bars etc.
But I always had fun with going on trips, playing sports, playing paintball, going to martial arts classes etc. And I know this stuff doesn't suddenly disappear when I'm 24.

Doody said:
Here me out.

When you are under 18, all you think about is being 18 so you can go to college and be free of your parents. Once you are 18, then you think about being 21 so you can go to the bars, clubs, buy and drink alcohol legally. After 21, there is no real age to look forward to. Also drinking and hitting the bars gets real old after you turn 21. I know I was all about going to bars and clubs as I neared 21. Once I turned 22, I started to get annoyed with the whole bar scene. So you hit a low as you struggle to find other things to do that can be considered "fun". Then you think about hitting the big 3 0. Being 30 is something a 25 yearold like myself does not like to think about too often.

That is how this 25 yearold sees the 24 yearold blues.

I can't more then agree. Okay, I am 21 this year. But over in Sweden you can go into clubs at 18. Besides, who cares about the age? You can get into the bars and clubs being 16-17. So, I can agree in that. There isn't really anything else to look forward too.

Because when I was 18, I kept drinking.. Well, I drank more or less 3 times a week on a bar or a club. Me and my buddies were out all the time. And now, well, I have just grown up a bit and taking repsonsiblity in alot of different ways. I can't go out partying on a thursday anymore. But most of all; My body just get sore after soo much booze. So I spare myself the effort of getting ill the next day.

Though, depends on what you mean having fun. Me and my friend went out when it were raining like hell. Then we went to one of those things, that makes the water go down and not flood the streets. We basically had a water wrestle there because this time it rained so much that the water didn't even have a chance to pour down.

the_13th_redneck said:
I never really enjoyed going to bars etc.
But I always had fun with going on trips, playing sports, playing paintball, going to martial arts classes etc. And I know this stuff doesn't suddenly disappear when I'm 24.

I hear you my freind. But there are too many people I knwo that MUST drink to have fun. People look at my like I am crazy when I tell them I do not drink anymore...well there was New Years but you know what I mean :cheers:

Doody said:
I hear you my freind. But there are too many people I knwo that MUST drink to have fun. People look at my like I am crazy when I tell them I do not drink anymore...well there was New Years but you know what I mean :cheers:

Yeah he's one of them alright.

Ahh and Chewie, I won't be around for it so here, happy birthday in advance.

On Saturday it's my 23 Birthday. I'm used to say that l'm old, but just as a joke. Why can't you have fun if you are older? If it is so there is something wrong with you.

I'm going to have fun for the rest of my life, even if it isn't so long when you're 23 ;-)

Jäger said:
On Saturday it's my 23 Birthday. I'm used to say that l'm old, but just as a joke. Why can't you have fun if you are older? If it is so there is something wrong with you.

I'm going to have fun for the rest of my life, even if it isn't so long when you're 23 ;-)

You are right.

You must listen to the Blink 182 song "What's my age again?"

I did when turned 23

BTW Happy Birthday man. May the bottle be kind to you on that day :cheers:

Back