No fries with that: fast food axed at Afghan bases

Agree. Never had the desire to get fast food. Guess I was too busy working also. I was stuck on the FOB, but spent 90% of my time working with the IA. I preferred Iraqi food to the DFAC or B-King, P-Hut or the Cinnabon. Tried to get a real coffee at the Greenbeans whenever I could.

You guys should have been in Central America when I was there, we had Bq every night :) compliments of a Apache Indian named Joesph who went out a night and along with doing his duty, would come back with a wild bore so we could eat something besides the little brown pouches of C rats. I supplied the fish, being from the country I could out fish about everybody in out unit, and we had a reservist who worked in the fruit and veggie industry who could tell what fruits were edible and which weren't.
we ate better than anybody else, the local Marine unit would come visit use every weekend. When I was in Desert Storm, we had only C rats and galley food, I have to admit Military food has come a long way from the 80's, but as my wife is a cafeteria manager at a local school, and has access to the VDH website, I know where is safe to eat and where isn't, Although I fully believe the military members deserve a burger and fires every now and the, personally I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ONLY eating at the military base! McDonald's is on the bottom of the food chain here in Va as far as safety of products and store cleanliness. I eat at her school every day, I'm scared to even walk in some of the fast food places in this world.

Back