NK conducts nuclear weapons test!

FutureDevilDog

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea said Monday it has performed its first-ever nuclear weapons test. The country's official Korean Central News Agency said the test was performed successfully and that there had been no radioactive leakage from the site.
"The nuclear test is a historic event that brought happiness to the our military and people," KCNA said. "The nuclear test will contribute to maintaining peace and stability in the Korean peninsula and surrounding region."
South Korean President Roh Moo-Hyun has convened a meeting of security advisers over the issue, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported, adding that intelligence over the test has been exchanged between concerned countries.
The North said last week it would conduct a test, sparking regional concern and frantic diplomatic efforts aimed at dissuading Pyongyang from such a move. North Korea has long claimed to have nuclear weapons, but had never before performed a known test to prove its arsenal.
(Story continues below)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,218699,00.html

Scary, Is it not? Watch the News. I just heard that the USGS is actually feeling the shockwaves.

Iran and North Korea sitting in a tree... all this time worrying about Iran developing them and lo and behold North Korea already has them. Someone took their eye off the ball and believed the god damn bean counters who said it wasn't probable that NK already had the ways and means to go nuclear. The next steps will be very telling.

If the NK are treated with sanctions wtf... how do you starve out a dictator in an already starving nation. Tie this together with the border probe and I can tell you what is going to happen. There are this very minute more than 1000 artillery pieces on the NK border in firing range of downtown Seoul. They have a HUGE army and China will continue to covertly support and supply them even if they publicly make demonstrations to the opposite effect.

Artillery shells can be made nuclear capable. The shockwaves were small so the device was low yield. Everyone knows their missiles suck ass so you do the math and tell me if you see a different picture being painted.

Hong Kong is only two hours away from my current home which is reassuring because I really don't know how the PRC will try foreign nationals should this get uglier.

Back