NJROTC Leadership Academy

C/LT Coleman

Has anyone here gone to NJROTC Leadership Academy?

If you have, what area are you in? and how was it for you? What platoon were you in, did it have like a team name? Also are you going to return as an aide?

I'm from Area 5 and I went last summer, it was the best week of my life. I was a part of the Green Machines (4th Platoon) I learned so much, it was such a challenge for me, but I loved it. I am returning as an aide this year, hopefully being placed with my platoon from when I was there. We earned Honor Platoon.

I went last summer and it was the best experience of my life!!! I will be going to Mini Boot Camp and Leadership Academy as a Cadre if all goes as planned!

I was In 1st Platoon! The Purple Phantoms! or you can call It Honor Platoon! lol jk

I have to say Leadership academy was the best week of my life...There were soooo many things going on at L.A. Drill chow Drill Class, Drill Chow Drill Bed lol Pt pPT Pt lol it was amazing

I was In 1st Platoon! The Purple Phantoms! or you can call It Honor Platoon! lol jk

I have to say Leadership academy was the best week of my life...There were soooo many things going on at L.A. Drill chow Drill Class, Drill Chow Drill Bed lol Pt pPT Pt lol it was amazing

Never went, but it was going on at Kings Bay while I was there doing pre-underway sub training this past summer. During pickup, I was walking back from the NEX, and one of the cadre mistook my midshipman insignia for some random NJROTC rank. Brought in four of his best buddies to help him yell at me for "bringing unauthorized food" (my commissary purchase) and "wearing unauthorized decorations" (my marksmanship ribbons).

That was fun. They kept looking over at their Gunny for help, while he was busy dying of laughter. Good advice for cadre: don't yell at people just because they're wearing khaki and you don't recognize them.

c/Commander:

I attended Leadership Academy at kings bay last Summer. I probably know the cadre that did that. It was one of the best times of my life. I'm going back as a cadre this year myself, and I will definitely not do the same thing haha.

I went after my sophmore year to area 12s in Kings Bay Florida and I graduated without too much trouble other than my roomate was clueless.

The hardest thing I had to face was the sleep deprivation, on day one when we arrived I had firewatch from 0300 to 0400, and bascally one hour to sleep before we had to rise at 0500 for the company run. But basically our relief never woke up, and showed so following our general orders me and my room mate was left our there till time to rise, and did not sleep until the next morning after 0200, well I dint anyway, I had to baby sit my room mate cause he dd not know anything about being at leadership and I wish I was understating that, I had to put away and clean all my stuff and his cause I did not trust him to do it right.

All in all if I could go back I would!

C/LT Soto

I just atended leadership acadamy in area 10 at campswift in Bastrop Texas.:cowb: I was in the ALPHA 1 platoon, there were 58 cadets in my platoon.
we walked/ran more than 8 miles a day, on some days we ran as much as 10. we shared the chow hall with the army guys that were getting their training done before geting shipped over seas. over all it was fun. and i saw alot of old friends from blt:drunkb:

I just got back. It was awesome... Area 8 Charlie Platoon for life. Im definately goin back as a GA next summer cause my SNSI is the OPS. I learned so many jodies i had to write them down. I also learned a bunch of stuff in academics i plan to incorporate into the NJROTC program at my school.

Back