Ninjas the old tactics vs modern terrorist threat

Doc.S

Hey we got alot of SF-forces all over the world - Ninjas I think everyone have seen them sneaking around on some Hollywood movie? However these warriors was according to Discovery channel our SF-forces ancestors in a perspective. They took a Navy Seal team vs a Ninja master and put them up in a scenario where a Target and two guards, one former Police and a Bodyguard should protect a target in a two storey house. The Navy Seal´s took out the target and the guards in a 3 min attack. The Ninja master did it with the old tactics in 4 hours.

But he managed to kill the target and imobilize the guards whitout MP5 assult rifle or hand-gun with he´s bear hands and also made a successful escape out of the building. Now how many SF-units do you think use simular tactics as the Ninjas when they strike today? And what do you think about making a global Ninja-Strike force to fight terrorists? With old tactics and new weapons but the same thing. Well traind assasins, spyes, and concealed bodeyguards in and outside embassys and on key places where Terrorists most likley would hit.

See it as undercover SF-units ready to kill whitout Tomahawk`s and Gunships or other massive support causing great numbers of civilian victims. Could this old warriors be something for the divided and worried citizens or would this type of actions cause even more whining from people that dont like SF-units kill terrorists where they live? Human rights and other issues all in mind over here, the "Ninjas" would kill without killing 20 other people when they strike a terrorist cell thats for sure.

LINK to some Ninja stuff:

http://www.entertheninja.com/ninja_fact/history.shtml

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

A lofty idea to be sure. But could never happen. The lifetime of work that would go into those skills wouldn't even compare to the time commitment for the special forces. Plus, how effective would they be against terrorists? There is no historical precedent for it.

I agree it would take some time and commitment from these "ninjas" but I dont find it to hard to find good candidates for the mission to train such men/women. The Ninja master got 30 years of training behind him. He´s wife got 20 years and a "ninja" would probably need 10 years or more before fielded to get what him/she needs to be the perfect tool. The Ninjas was hired to serve one Shogun and no other and that was why they "disappeared." But there knowledge still lives on and I would round up the best Hit-men you can find on the market and put them togheter with this worlds best Tai-Jutsu, Ninpo, Jutsu, martial arts experts and begin the training. This type of warriors would need special psychic abilitys something the C.I.A have allready tested in 6 years and with a budget of 60 million dollars with good results. The ninjas would kill of every potential leader that are trying to make evil from the moské and infiltrate everything that are key targets and simply kill it´s roots and then --- snip --- snip --- not to many terrorists left in the world and the methods would surly make even the terrorists get a feeling for it´s own medicin "Terreur". I think it would work simply because no one seems to have think about this opption before. Well it is rather unconventional I agree but we are fighting a unconventional enemy and if you can´t put a flag or country to the assasin the terrorists would loose a great deal of support and publicity propaganda where they are freedom fighters. They would be whiped out if someone took this ninja stuff serious I think. ;)

Regards:
Doc.S

It is an interesting proposition, but as both devilwasp said, we don't have the time or resources to train them.

If it takes 10 years to train a Ninja, what's going to happen between the beginning and end of the training? You'd still need SOF (SF is a US Army unit, if memory serves me right) in order to deal with any threats during that time.

ninjia with morden weapons...that would be a strong special force....

like a ninjia jumps around with Mp5..

then it looks like those SOF again..

Yes the time frame may look long and hard - but still I dont think any SOF unit in this world as we know it will be able to whiped out the terrorist for the next 10-15 years anyway. Hey Im trying to be optimistic over here and look at the problem in a long term solution. A "Ninja" is nothing that grows up over a period of 5 years hard training or a 16 month service. And a "Ninja" with modern weapon are not equal with MP5s.

As I know the Ninjas was handling there garden tools quite effective in most respect. The "Ninja" tactics is far from anything we are using today when we are quite predictable when it comes to guerilla tactics and special operations. A "Ninja" would be a perfect weapon even in our modern days with the right equipment and its right enviroment.

A "Ninja" needs almost be as a chameleon.... Blending in wherever they show up. SOF would still be a very importent group of soldiers but wherever the "Ninjas" would turn up they would simply not know they even was there amongs them. Well a perfect tool can missfire as any good plan I know, but as someone mentioned they are traind from childhood. That is correct. But as anything else in this world things have too keep up. And I am perfectly inssured about the fact that if the right man or women was on the right place this training would be held in secret just as the Navy Seals was once upon time.

And to train a "Ninja" the old way but still with the new and modern times in our minds would mean a long term commitment. I have heard that once C.I.A alway C.I.A. Problem with this is that special training and operation facilitys would be needed and I am affraid that a "Ninja" in training would loose some basic libertys untill he/she was sent on her/he´s first mission. I think that a controlled enviroment and the right people behind this Iron-Fist without any national flag`s to there black uniform would make it difficult for anyone to point a finger at them and tell them that this is the US or this is the French or this is Israel or Chineese "Ninjas" killing our "Muslim" brothers or other enemys to the civilized world. Not even the Media would have a chance to put their blades in the hearts of them who serve this delicate mission of making this world a little bit safer if I may put it like that.

No religious group or country could be held responsible for the actions this anonymous warriors would conduct. Terrorist recruit new terrorist with propaganda that Christians or Western Infidels are killing them and there children or steeling there land or desecrate their holy places right. But if you take that silly flag and all religions away and simply kill the enemys you dont make a recruting base for any type of terrorist actions that can be justify by the terrorist with an answer without loosing there faces. They would only kill and destroy "useless" targets and more people would go against them untill there war finaly dont serve any purpose.

Well it works in theory if you take away some political correct agendas but surly I belive that if you cant hit your enemy and dont know what to hit you have a reversed response and with less fundamentalists singing out that you are the bad guy and should die you will see that even civilized and constructive messures can be introduced even amongs the ones that before this guys and girls showed up never had a chance to actually be something. It is in the humans nature to survive or if not that forfill your destiny and justify your cause.

But taking that away from the bad guys and women and you will soon look for alternative ways and that is what leads this world forward. This "Ninja" plan of mine may be a bit before its time but I think that someone would look in to it and see the possibilitys of it and give constructive idés how to make this work. Everything has to come from somewhere and this is just a thought. 8)

Best Regards:
Doc.S

Well it's not so much about the force itself... but the intel group that really matters.
They got to get these guys to the right places at the right times with the right information... or else it doesn't really matter how hard core these guys are. If they're a step or two behind it really is a waste.
I think the war on terror and the new world will be largely defined by special forces and intelligence assets.
Who is the best fighter? The one with the better eyes and ears. It is often these subtle things that define military capability more than most things people often associate with military power (tanks etc.). The most important stuff are eyes and years, mobility and communication. You can overcome almost any force deficit if you are superior in those areas.

So whether we just had the current Special Ops teams or Ninjas, at the end of the day, it will be the side with the best information, mobility and communication that will win.

I can't remember who it was... was it Queen Elizabeth I who wore the orange dress embrodiered with the patterns of eyes and ears?

QueenElizabethI.GIF

Just found a picture of it.

Some sources say it was a sign that she "saw and heard" everything in a reference to God. In reality they were supposed to be the eyes and the ears of her intelligence chief... intelligence was held at that high of a regard by her.

i saw that. the ninja didn't make an escape out of the building. he was there forever and he barely got past the guard and knocked the guy's hat off. he fell in the tub after that. the SEALs were the only people to really walk out of the building, since they killed everyone in it.

i saw that. the ninja didn't make an escape out of the building. he was there forever and he barely got past the guard and knocked the guy's hat off. he fell in the tub after that. the SEALs were the only people to really walk out of the building, since they killed everyone in it.

Thats right, if they are your enemies, why leave them alive.

I think you guys are getting to caught up in this fantasy Ninja thing. As cool as Ninja PS2 games are, they really aren't that effective in a modern situation. As you said, the guy took 4 hours to do what the SEAL team did in 3 minutes, and barely escaped.

Modern tactics dictate the use of guns, guns that the Ninja master hasn't had experience with. Even though the Ninja maybe a master of his art form, that does not make him a master of the other. A squad of Ninja's holding MP5s will not do as well as a squad of SEALs holding MP5s.

The Ninjas was hired to serve one Shogun and no other and that was why they "disappeared."
\
Ninjas were hitmen for hire back in the day, they didn't stick with one Shogun.

Kinection said:
I think you guys are getting to caught up in this fantasy Ninja thing. As cool as Ninja PS2 games are, they really aren't that effective in a modern situation. As you said, the guy took 4 hours to do what the SEAL team did in 3 minutes, and barely escaped.
The seal team killed every one didnt they?
He didnt.
The art of ninja's is invisibilty.
Modern tactics dictate the use of guns, guns that the Ninja master hasn't had experience with. Even though the Ninja maybe a master of his art form, that does not make him a master of the other. A squad of Ninja's holding MP5s will not do as well as a squad of SEALs holding MP5s.
A squad of ninja's could reach into more secure locations than a seal team could.

The ninja is the master of stealth, even the SEAL teams could not find one if he was hideing.

Missileer said:
Weren't ninjas more like assassins rather than soldiers?
Yeah they where the sneaky stealthy squirrels of the old ages, they done a bit more than assasination. They where the spies of then, and basically done all the "black" operations.

but i think the entire point of the show was to show everyone that the ninja's could still operate in todays environment, and also that the SEALs and other SF have evolved from what the ninjas used to do.

if we are talking about being assassins and working solo or in very small teams, then that's more like a NOC for the CIA then an SF team. even though i've heard that Delta and the FBI's HRT are more of a hit squad. but if you want high power assassination then guys like Tony Poe and the CIA did all of that. Poe wasn't a NOC but he did a lot of killing.

the_13th_redneck said:
But it's no secret, a lot of Ninja techniques and tactics can still be used with great effect.
I love the way they walk on water, that tactic is smark, and can still be used.

Back