Ninjas the old tactics vs modern terrorist threat

Kinection said:
Of course it's a llast ditch attempt. I'm comparing them to Ninjas and how they use suicide. I hope you are not infering that ninjas kill themselves when it's uneeded?
No no i am saying that they would never give away any secrets and would go at great lengths , far more than any SF man would go, to keep the secret.

Modern day special forces train hard, and they train long. They shoot A LOT to keep up their shooting abilities. That's a lot a Ninja has to do, especially since they would have to do more (train up their Ninja skills). The Ninja mentioned in the show was probably older than the SEAL team members. Military units don't tend to have too many old people. A Ninja master would have to train for many many years (*note* old) to get to a skill level equal to that of the ninja master from the discover channel. After training up on his ninja skills he would then need to go through jump school (imagine old guys doing HALO jumps), sniper school, and all the various things that special forces have to go through (possibly h**l week?). I don't see this happening.
The ninja doesnt need to be a master he just needs to be good.

Camouflage = dissappear. As for blending in with the crowd, I believe that is what American snipers are doing all the time. Either Iraq or Afghanistan, Snipers don't present themselves as snipers outside on the streets.
Yeah camoflauge they invented it, they managed to travel at great lengths under water with out a diver suit or air tanks.
As for camoflaugeing in a crowd , a large crowd is the easiest place to lose a tail in.
Remember, there is a reason for a larger team. Some missions require it, you can't bring of synchronized attacks with one person. You can't get cover fire if you are alone.
Ninja's used more than one person , they actually teamed up and remember they where strictly black ops and samorai where fighting.
Ninja's dont need to have covery fire if they invisible and are not seen.

I'm Asian. I know all about losing face, but the family thing? Doesn't really apply to a modern day fighting situation. Soldiers fight for their country, defend their homeland? Are you saying that modern day ninjas will be trained to fight for and die for their families in order to not lose face?
Whats more important the land or your family?

Please note that i'm talking about Ninjas in a modern day situation and not ninjas from medieval japan.
Yeah and so am I.
I know, i was just pointing out what a modern day normal soldier would do. Special Forces are different, and that is what we are comparing Ninjas to.
We are actually tlking about thier tactics not brining a ninja here.

//Forgot about buddy's post.
Assassination jobs are reportedly not done by the United States anymore.
Yeah but this is the CIA and such we are tlking about, how much of what they do is...legal.

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Ninja's are obsolete, its all about vikings. Well anyways, ya'll forgot Delta Force. Delta Force would own ninjas, in the end it comes down to this.

Delta Force (America's supersoldiers)=guns, anything else they need to get the job done.

Ninjas (Dont exist anymore)=sword, but they're quiet... oh wait so is Delta Force.

The Dreaded D is far superior to Ninjas, making this whole Ninja's against SF topic irrelevant. :cowb:
Delta force VS a team of ninja's?
Ninja's armed up to the same level, the ninja's would win . know why?
Because ninja's are invisible and wouldnt be found.
We where talking about tactics not the troops, why do you think we would send them in with just swords???

devilwasp.... I hope you have some idea what you are saying...
Because it sure doesn't sound like it.

Please tell me you have some grounds for believing in what you say other than from http://www.realultimatepower.net/, Ninja Gaiden, Hollywood and your imagination.

"No no i am saying that they would never give away any secrets and would go at great lengths , far more than any SF man would go, to keep the secret. "
You have no idea...

"The ninja doesnt need to be a master he just needs to be good. "
This just kind of defeats the purpose of using a ninja then. Since Special Forces are masters. They also have something called team work which your version of the Ninja seems to be lacking in. Life's not rambo.

"Yeah camoflauge they invented it, they managed to travel at great lengths under water with out a diver suit or air tanks.
As for camoflaugeing in a crowd , a large crowd is the easiest place to lose a tail in. "
Second part, I have nothing to say since it's true. But point?
Ninja tactics were taught by Chinese generals when they fled to Japan. Do you have any proof that Ninja's invented camouflage?

"Ninja's dont need to have covery fire if they invisible and are not seen. "
And of course, they don't mess up. Because if they do, they might as well commit seppuku.

Ninja's aren't invisible....

"Whats more important the land or your family? " Now i'm not saying that family is not important. But you are saying that future ninja warriors will be joining the military in order to carry out black ops missions and assasinate for the good and honor of their family? Doesn't make sense to me.

"Yeah but this is the CIA and such we are tlking about, how much of what they do is...legal." We can only speculate.

The Dreaded D is far superior to Ninjas, making this whole Ninja's against SF topic irrelevant.
'nuff said.

I think the one big advantage the ninja would have is that he would have trained in this stuff since childhood.
I think that's what will make the difference

This is If I may say so - The most interested thread on this forum to be honest. Why I havent speak out for a while is that I honestly want to see if there are more people like me that have the abilitys to look further then the program and in to the futurue. I myselfe can see that many people out here on the forum have seen the benefits and the constructive way to handle the Ninja question. You cant talk 2000-vs-794-1192 A.D tactics without taking the old tactics in to the future and making them work in your imagination.

You dont commite suicide with the Ninjato in todays socity you have to lift all this tactics in to a modern way of thinking. The program showed only that old tactics still can work in a modern socity and that if there was special forces as the Ninjas in todays ranks amongs the soldiers as I know it marksmen are very effective but not liked of all soldiers in the army or in some else branch of the military you could if You really want to make the Ninja a reality in todays warfare a force to reccon with. I am very pleased to se people look furhter then there noses.

I myselfe are training Ju-Jutsu private and I can tell that my knowledge have helped me out more the two times in my lifetime. A Ninja would be as I can see it a "modern" way to meat this new threat from alot of different perspectives. No flag - No political or other propagandas to built up new recruits. I loved the one comment about getting really close to you enemy without being a SEAL or Spetsnaz comment.

This is how this warriors would work, they would infiltrate and then kill the roots of our enemys in a way they impossible could reflect as this was SWE or this was Norway or US or Russia commiting the act and then without any clear enemy to recrute from they would loose alot of power if you know what I am talking about. Infiltration, Stealth and technology togheter in a way we just have forgotten.

I think that a Ninja today would be more effective then 8 Navy Seals if the enemy was never reccon. And I think there are - or I would like to say - I know there are alot of people in this world with the right commitment to be Ninjas even today and then if It would be good or bad in the political correct arena is another question.

You have to look further then to the MP5 to understand a Ninja and he`s /her`s specialty to coop with the fact that this "warrios" would actualy work fine if they only excisted today. Good work guys/Girls I am looking forward for more constructive against and for "Ninja" tactics on this post!

Best Regards:
Doc.S
:viking:

Kinection said:
devilwasp.... I hope you have some idea what you are saying...
Because it sure doesn't sound like it.
Well i have read up on them.
Why does it not?
Please tell me you have some grounds for believing in what you say other than from http://www.realultimatepower.net/, Ninja Gaiden, Hollywood and your imagination.
Yeah i do , infact WTF is that your tlking about , also if it was my imagination dont you think i would believe my own countries SF are the best? Since i am a patriot after all.
You have no idea...
[/qutoe]
Do SF troops train from birth to reisit interegation?
This just kind of defeats the purpose of using a ninja then. Since Special Forces are masters. They also have something called team work which your version of the Ninja seems to be lacking in. Life's not rambo.
As i said , they dont always work solo.
Solo has the advantage, one man is more difficult to find than 8 or 10 or 30.
One man can do more damage than an entire platton/troop.
Second part, I have nothing to say since it's true. But point?
Ninja tactics were taught by Chinese generals when they fled to Japan. Do you have any proof that Ninja's invented camouflage?
They invented many types of camoflauge the real inventer was nature, stick insect for exsample, or cameleon.
And of course, they don't mess up. Because if they do, they might as well commit seppuku.
Yes , does an SF team ALWAYS know if they screw up they will die
Ninja's aren't invisible....
Not acording to reports from that time and the tactics they use seem plasusible enough to work.
Now i'm not saying that family is not important. But you are saying that future ninja warriors will be joining the military in order to carry out black ops missions and assasinate for the good and honor of their family? Doesn't make sense to me.
A modern day ninja would join and fight for BOTH his or her family and country , back then honour was worth a far lot more.
We can only speculate.
Well was castro attempt legal?

'nuff said.
The dreaded D dont go swimming in the ocean do they?

A lot of it is the mental part.
A human being's programming starts at birth and is most enduring and instinctive if learned young. This is why it's so hard to go against your instincts and so hard to break off certain habits. Usually those who succeed easy are programmed good habits at a young age whether intentionally or not.
Basically there is much you can train a person to do after he's 18 years old, but it won't be a completely natural instinct. It won't be as natural as walking, yawning or breathing.
I'm desperately trying to re-program myself and at the age of 23, it is an incredibly uphill battle.
You want a great soldier? You teach him the instincts at a young age and put him in the mind set since young age.
Personality conflicts could be nothing more than a conflict in the personal program.

This is pretty much what will separate the ninja from an SF guy... and the ninja would have far more capabilities in the modern world than your run of the mill SF guy.

Back