Nigerian Military.

Thanks to our Nigerian colleague. But a bit disppointed to see photos of some of your newest acquisitions missing. NIgeria has pushased several of the USCG's Response Boats-Small for use in port security missions in the Lagos and Port HArcourt areas. These are in addition to seerval decommissioned USCG tenders provided under grant programs in 02-04. With the RB-S platforms, Nigeria has a state of the art small boat and a significant capability to protect the growing oil industry in the NIger Delta.

Pyro said:
how long has Nigeria had Vickers Mk3 tanks? and any plans for replacement?

we've had them for quite sometime (i think we bought them in the 80s).there's been plans to buy more tanks,but right now,i'm not sure which one we'll go 4.right now,what those @ our def. HQ want is to ensure that they're fully up and running (maybe upgrade them) b4 replacing them.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
That's some fine stuff. It's a shame Nigeria and the African Union didn't use their fine troops and equipment to better protect villagers in Darfur. But it's an even bigger shame they didn't receive much support from the west.

i know we still have a long way to go when it comes to providing adequate protection in the darfur region.but what u have to understand is that we don't have enough men or logistics on ground.besides,the sudanese govt. aren't making things easy 4 us.anyway,we're doing our best with the little we(we've already lost about 4 soldiers).

Gentlemen;
As a new member, I'm still trying to work out the mechanics of posting. In an earlier post I made reference to some new Nigerian Navy fast boats. But I'm struggling to understand how to inserrt them into my posts. Can someone give me a direct steer to instructions on how to easily incorporate .jpg images in posts?
Thanks in advance.

GWC

G Connor said:
Gentlemen;
As a new member, I'm still trying to work out the mechanics of posting. In an earlier post I made reference to some new Nigerian Navy fast boats. But I'm struggling to understand how to inserrt them into my posts. Can someone give me a direct steer to instructions on how to easily incorporate .jpg images in posts?
Thanks in advance.

GWC

I can only tell you how I do it. I open a site (there are a lot of them) on the web called "Photobucket.com and you can upload images from your personal computer to the site for free. If you are downloading a .jpg from a website, you can cut and paste to your post. Someone may know a better way with this new setup, probably one of the younger members, computers are second nature with them.

TBSB-25
TBSB-25.jpg

MLB-47
MLB-47.jpg

DPB-38
DPB-38.gif

Last edited:
Nigerian Navy Response Boats

Many thanks to Missileer for the techie tutorial.

Photo below is of the first four Response Boats- Small purchased by the NIgerian Navy for use in the Lagos andPort Harcourt areas. The boats are manufactured by Safe Boats International in Port Orchard Washington (http://www.safeboats.com/default/home.html).
Similar boats have been purchased by Yemen, Kenya, Kazakhstan Oman and Israel.

Back