nick names!

On my Recruit course I was briefly called "Opus" because the DI said I marched like a penguin.

It never stuck...not a bad nickname, all things considered.

Antarctic J.

Willow and Wilbur, because my last name is Wilson.

Common nickname for Wilson in Australia is Willow, and there was a famous Australian Rules Football player called Wilbur Wilson. So Wilson, Wilbur, Wilbur Wilson. It just kinda goes with the territory.
Played in for the central districts during the late 70's early 80's.

This is him
WWilsonCDist.jpg

I've been stuck with Buttons since I was 14; as my last name is Button. Dutchman, and dutch bastard are pretty common too; on account of my being half dutch(blood Goldfinger movie).

Oh and I'd like to put forward a motion that all pictures involing guys in short shorts be banned from the site; any seconders?

Thank you guys, it is just another story from reality. The .S stands for social studies when I ,after my first turn in upper secondary school between 1994-1996, was hunting for work but the only thing I could get was short time substitute jobs in the health care sector and in other places since sweden had cut down alot on medical care all since 1994. In 2001 I went to municipal adult education to read social studies and I did the whole course in 2 years, something that takes 3 years in normal cases. Now I will read one more study course so I can go further to the university.

Problem is that the situation in sweden is as it was in 1994-1996 but even worse, you dont want to take large loans and then when you have read 3-4 or more years only to find yourself unemployed again. Alot of university students that leaves school is nowdays unemployed so you have to choose carefully when you jump to the upper secondary school and after that to university studies. It would help if a man could look in to the future, but as many ppl know today after 9-11- we knows things can change over a day.

Well I bide my time at the moment and is working as a handler in a EU project for my home municipality. rotc boy to answer your question, I have played DOD but never as Doc.S, last year I think my nick was JAFO that stands for - Just Another F**king Observer ( I have liked the Blue Thunder movie since childhood) :lol:

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

dougal said:
Thess, Tess, Terror, Therry, Jullan, B**ch, Dog, Wolfy, Vargen, Petroushka, Pushkin..

Yes, they are actually nicknames..

Hotty???????

Yeah.. People who are ignorant and doesn't <know> me call me that. But sure.. I've heard that word.

SilverPhoenix said:
dougal said:
Thess, Tess, Terror, Therry, Jullan, B**ch, Dog, Wolfy, Vargen, Petroushka, Pushkin..

Hotty???????

Yeah.. People who are ignorant and doesn't <know> me call me that. But sure.. I've heard that word.
hehehe,i think wolfy is suiting u the best :D

dougal wrote:
Quote:

Hotty???????

Ah I think Sliver knows me well enough not to take me seriously!!!

Actully Silver its been a while since we had a chat?

I have had two of them in my life....

1) "Grape Ape"...I used to run alot when I was in the Army and when I got stationed with 2/1 Cav in Ft Hood Tx. I had a purple sweat suit I used to run in and it kinda stood out in the midst of all of the grey colored ones and it was a cartoon of a big purple ape in the mid 80's, so some one called me that and it stuck.

2) "Grizzly"...I was camping one time with some friends and had got up in the morning before every body else and my back was itching so I figured it works for the bears why not me and and leaned up against a tree on my back and was using the tree a scratching post for my back about the time my girlfriend crawled outta the tent and saw that, started laughing and said I look like big ole Grizzly bear doing that...voila, it stuck. I was 6' tall and weighed about 320lbs at the time with a full beard and longer hair so it has stuck ever since even though I no longer have the beard the hair and am down to 196lbs.

Whispering Death said:
staurofilakes said:
In greek means "The guardians of the cross", a medieval knight order

Ha ha ha, well, as a side note I can't pronounce your name so I've already given you a nickname so in my head I can pronounce your handle...

StudioFlakes.

Mmmm... StudioFlakes...

Mine is leprechaun because i was at a buddy's house having a beer in my combats (which are green obviously).

I've got 3 nicks that have actually stuck with some people:

1. Steliga. People call me that because it just sounds better than Kris.

2. Flash. This came about when I was in Grade 9, and kind of established myself as the fastest runner in the class (in the school for that matter)

3. Stalingrad. This came around this year then one of the guys who's originally from Poland accidentally called me Stalingrad as opposed to Steliga.

In my short life I have picked up several <sticking> nick-names.

Paris- my last name is Hilton
Timmy- the girls at school :D
Tim the Dim- I'm about as sharp as a marble
The Me- I started this one by a simple slip of tongue
Jimmy- my aunt switched my name with my cousins
Die Hard- screen name on alot of games I play

Maverick (Tom Cruise in Top Gun)
Why? Look Below
rb.jpg

Now look at my avatar.

Now imagine that sexy face with aviator sunglasses

I got the nickname Sunblock back in the summer of 2000 when I was working nightshift in a huge ventilation shaft system. I did so the entire summer, didn't get much of a tan...

Also got the nickname Skinner or Skinny when I lost about 20 kgs of bodyweight the autumn of 1998 but that is another story...

silent driller said:
Whispering Death said:
staurofilakes said:
In greek means "The guardians of the cross", a medieval knight order

Ha ha ha, well, as a side note I can't pronounce your name so I've already given you a nickname so in my head I can pronounce your handle...

StudioFlakes.

Mmmm... StudioFlakes...

OOOpppsss, I thought you were talking about nick names in the forum, not in the real life!! :lol:

I do not have nick name in real life...., just my name, Hugo.

bonnie: my screen name on about everything
little bit: 'cause I'm pretty tiny
shorty: 'cause I am
filly: a young female horse, and I'm always with the horsey scene
net junkie: 'cause I'm on the internet practically 24/7
I get lots of sweety's, sweetheart's, cutie's, and occasionally dear and kiddo which I absoultly HATE. I just look really young I guess.

I had JoJo...one of my girl/friends started it and it caught on, which occasionally gets shortened down to Jo(e)

At Sea Cadets though, our midshipman over time gave everyone a nick name...and I became Cadet Studley because well.....you take a guess

Army Man - one from high school. A bit sh1te if you want to be a Marine. Got it from being hard core in track and field.

Daley - variation of given name.

Cradle Snatcher - no comment

Back